Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Amazon has an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.

What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).

You also get this...

Quote:
... exclusive content for Madden Ultimate Team, the series' popular digital trading card mode. Anniversary Edition buyers will receive 17 special Ultimate Team packs of cards, one for every week of the 2013 NFL season, with each pack containing two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

UPDATE:
  • For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
UPDATE #2 - According to Anthony Stevenson, Sr. Director of Marketing for EA SPORTS, there will be a unique code inside every box.

More details here.

Quote:
Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

Source - Amazon-exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition includes free year of NFL Sunday Ticket (Polygon)

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 aholbert32 @ 08/01/13 10:37 AM
I will repost this from May:

People need to stop overthinking this. I know people are suspect because it seems like a great deal and EA is involved but its very simple:

If you dont have DTV and dont want to get it: You can use the code to access ST through the app or on a computer.

If you dont have DTV and want to get it: You get 10% off a month and ST Max.

If you already have DTV: You get ST Max.

# 142 Brandwin @ 08/01/13 11:20 AM
So I'll get ST Max, even though I don't have Sunday Ticket?

# 143 Slim4824 @ 08/01/13 12:45 PM
Directv always gives new customers Sunday ticket for free the first year. One of my buddy's just got Directv and he has Sunday ticket plus max for free this season.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 144 aholbert32 @ 08/01/13 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So I'll get ST Max, even though I don't have Sunday Ticket?
Yes you will.

# 145 Brandwin @ 08/01/13 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Directv always gives new customers Sunday ticket for free the first year. One of my buddy's just got Directv and he has Sunday ticket plus max for free this season.

I got both free my first year as well. I called and got Max free last year.

# 146 huntt26 @ 08/01/13 12:58 PM
Does the streaming on iPad/computer include the RedZone channel?

# 147 Brandwin @ 08/01/13 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Does the streaming on iPad/computer include the RedZone channel?
Yes it does.

# 148 Slim4824 @ 08/01/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I got both free my first year as well. I called and got Max free last year.
That makes this an EA marketing ploy

# 149 mestevo @ 08/01/13 05:22 PM
Quote:

At what point was this ever not a marketing anything?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 150 murph17 @ 08/02/13 09:13 AM
Quote:

Absolutely. But it's better than DTV's marketing ploy. It's like a phone contract - 2 years of service, first year of NFL is free. And you *might* HAVE to keep NFL the 2nd year...not 100% sure about that part.

# 151 burnwood @ 08/03/13 12:18 PM
Actually, the official wording on Amazon's site is, "can't get service", not 'don't want service'.

I cancelled my preorder because I don't like the wording and don't want to get burned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I will repost this from May:

People need to stop overthinking this. I know people are suspect because it seems like a great deal and EA is involved but its very simple:

If you dont have DTV and dont want to get it: You can use the code to access ST through the app or on a computer.

If you dont have DTV and want to get it: You get 10% off a month and ST Max.

If you already have DTV: You get ST Max.

# 152 Brandwin @ 08/04/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Actually, the official wording on Amazon's site is, "can't get service", not 'don't want service'.

I cancelled my preorder because I don't like the wording and don't want to get burned.
Check out the FAQ though...

Quote:
requently Asked Questions

What is included with Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition?
Madden NFL 25 standard edition for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3
One Madden Ultimate Team pack per week for the 17 weeks of the NFL season
Access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.
Additional offers from DirecTV

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?
No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

I don't have DirecTV service, but I'd like to sign up. What offers are available to me?
In addition to access to the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices, the Anniversary Edition includes an exclusive promotional code. When redeemed, this offers a $10 discount per month for the first year of service, in addition to NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge. This includes HD viewing on your TV of every NFL game, up to eight games at once on the Mix Channel, and more.

If I have DirecTV service and standard NFL Sunday Ticket, will this give me access on computer, tablet, and mobile devices?
Yes, each Anniversary Edition includes a unique code that entitles a purchaser to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

If I have DirecTV service but not NFL Sunday Ticket, what does this offer me?
You can use the included code to access NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Are there limited quantities of the Anniversary Edition?
Yes, there are a limited number of units, available only at Amazon.

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?
No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

What tablet and mobile devices are compatible with NFL Sunday Ticket?
Please see the DirecTV Answer Center here for a list of supported devices.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=operasport-20

# 153 Acrobat @ 08/04/13 05:48 PM
Quote:

I would go pre-order it again. Upon signing up, all you'll have to do is check the box that says you can't get Direct TV. That's it. Boom. You're done.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

# 154 Iceman87GT @ 08/10/13 05:16 PM
Sorry if this has been answered, but:

Will we be able to watch games after they have finished?

As a Packers fan who lives in Metro-Atlanta, I am definitely considering this (already preordered it, just trying to decide whether I should cancel it or not). Heck I may even get it strictly for the NFL Sunday Ticket and sell the game to someone at a reduced price (I'm picking up Madden for the PS4 when the time comes, and can more than tide myself over with '13 and NCAA 14).

The NFL has that replay service with various levels of service, that allows you to watch the games of either a single team or all the teams (depending on which service you select). The issue is that you can't watch them live, in fact you have to wait until the Sunday Night Football game is over (they don't want you watching your team's replay when you could be providing ratings for other games going on on Sunday), So realistically you can't watch them until Monday.

Basically does the version of NFL Sunday Ticket that we would get through this offer allow us to watch replays of the games (such as the watch every game in 30 minutes feature (where they pretty much remove all dead time and show you only the action)?

# 155 seanjohn21276 @ 08/10/13 05:35 PM
Preordered my copy a while ago. Don't have DirecTV considering my apartment was prewired for FIOS. Oh well, I can watch Sunday Ticket on either my iPad or my MacBook.

# 156 Find_the_Door @ 08/25/13 03:36 PM
So if I 'can' receive Directv at my address, and am not a Sunday Ticket subscriber I still will get Sunday Ticket Max with purchase of the anniversary edition?

Watching on a computer is no issue for me as I'd just take my laptop and hook it up via HDMI.

# 157 yanek27 @ 08/25/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
True but most people won't do that...that is something I'd do though.
The HDMI feature is nice to get it on my 70 inch tv. Looks great except for when their is motion. But if its free, I think you should be able to get past that. I have been experimenting with it on preseason live.

# 158 burnwood @ 10/03/13 08:53 PM
So how is Sunday Ticket that came with this bundle? Anybody use it yet?

# 159 gutsdabeast @ 10/03/13 09:28 PM
Quote:
First 2 weeks didnt work. But the last 2 weeks has worked perfect.

# 160 NaturalSelected @ 10/03/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
It's been really solid at home, and had it while at a wedding as well. That was a win.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.