Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

In advance of the Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise reveal tomorrow, here is a new front end screenshot.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/19/13 08:44 PM
I'm feelin it looks alot smoother, cleaner, and easier to navigate

# 22 bigdooky15 @ 05/19/13 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
All I want is a fully functional practice squad, and waiver wire and I will be happy. Those two features are way overdue, considering how big they are in the NFL. Also, realistic injury rates, I want aspiring Super Bowl teams' season to be derailed due to injury. But don't overdo it.
YES! Why hasn't this been in yet! Would add so much strategy and thought into who you should keep on the team/let go and the importance of the waiver wire

# 23 Caveman24 @ 05/19/13 08:47 PM
I like the new clean look see XP still in the game

# 24 aholbert32 @ 05/19/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
Didn't play Madden 13 but hopefully that RS button by the coach allows you to change to a different team/coach...as in all 32 if you want.
Thats EXACTLY what i thought.

# 25 StL_RamZ @ 05/19/13 09:14 PM
surprised jpdavis didnt find this lol

the menu looks modern and it does seem to have the option for multiple users on one system.

hmmmm tomorrow cant come fast enough

# 26 CT Pitbull @ 05/19/13 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
Didn't play Madden 13 but hopefully that RS button by the coach allows you to change to a different team/coach...as in all 32 if you want.
good catch my man I don't see why that wouldn't be the case ..maybe a clue as a lot of people have been wondering, although I think it would be suicide if madden didn't give us this option BACK this year

# 27 kbomb1upc @ 05/19/13 09:48 PM
Can't believe the amount of people complaining about Madden 13 not having a franchise mode on the Facebook picture thread. Did people really not now CCM was franchise mode?

# 28 speedy9386 @ 05/19/13 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
In Madden 13 I believe you could only reach level 5 as a coach right? John Harbaugh is level 17!
Yeah I noticed that too hopefully there'll be a bigger differential between coaches on things such as free agency or making your players better. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for some type of show that shows plays and stats for the week.

# 29 secondsolution @ 05/19/13 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
Can't believe the amount of people complaining about Madden 13 not having a franchise mode on the Facebook picture thread. Did people really not now CCM was franchise mode?
Haha it is pretty hilarious. You could just google 'connected careers' and 'franchise' to realise that it is still there. I find the average IQ of the facebook posters to be negative lol

# 30 Mckinley Cash @ 05/19/13 10:20 PM
I'm a fan. It looks so much more clean, compared to Madden 13.

# 31 Aggies7 @ 05/19/13 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
The picture of the draft makes me think that it may be possible to start the season from before this years draft! I would love that feature.
I thought the same thing at first but if you look at it the Career is already in Preseason Week 1 and it says Start League

# 32 secondsolution @ 05/19/13 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I thought the same thing at first but if you look at it the Career is already in Preseason Week 1 and it says Start League
Hmm, good point. Just seems strange to have a picture of the draft for the preseason. I guess we will know for sure after tomorrow.

# 33 howboutdat @ 05/19/13 10:50 PM
first thing about that screen shot that grabs my attention is the part that says " buy upgrades" . i really hope this isnt another way ea trying to make some money. if online leagues are gonna allow people to buy upgrades with real money , and no way to turn an option like that off, it will kill online leagues. well the SIM ones anyways. maybe that isnt what it is , but just knowing how ea is , it really wouldnt surprise me if thats what it is . sure hope not, guess we can find out tomorrow night about 9 pm ....

# 34 Mckinley Cash @ 05/19/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
first thing about that screen shot that grabs my attention is the part that says " buy upgrades" . i really hope this isnt another way ea trying to make some money. if online leagues are gonna allow people to buy upgrades with real money , and no way to turn an option like that off, it will kill online leagues. well the SIM ones anyways. maybe that isnt what it is , but just knowing how ea is , it really wouldnt surprise me if thats what it is . sure hope not, guess we can find out tomorrow night about 9 pm ....
That's what I thought at first, but inside the "Buy Upgrades" tile it says "XP." I would say upgrades are purchased using xp that you earn, like last year.

# 35 CM Hooe @ 05/19/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
There is a pretty clear XP label on that tile. It isn't for microtransactions, at least that is not its primary purpose.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if microtransactions get added to connected franchise, along with an option to block their use in an online setting similar to the option to block paid DLC cheat use in NCAA Football's online dynasty.

As to the screen shot, it is decidedly less blue and looks a bit more organized than last year. I like it so far.

# 36 howboutdat @ 05/19/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There is a pretty clear XP label on that tile. It isn't for microtransactions, at least that is not its primary purpose.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if microtransactions get added to connected franchise, along with an option to block their use in an online setting similar to the option to block paid DLC cheat use in NCAA Football's online dynasty.

As to the screen shot, it is decidedly less blue and looks a bit more organized than last year. I like it so far.
yes i clearly see where xp is in that box , but i also know how ea is. so just is slightly concerning . hopefully if it can be bought it can also be turned off in online ccm, cf, franchise, whatever else they wanna name it

# 37 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/19/13 11:19 PM
I am not a big fan of these new fancy GUIs mostly because they are too much flash, not enough practicality. All I want is a horizontal list so I can find things quickly and easily.

I will say that the general feel of the background is much nicer. It has that PS2 generation feel to it. I think it is the sliver-white coloring. For some reason Madden went to a bluish scheme in recent years. I liked when EA Sports sort of trademarked everything with their bright white cases and such.

As for speculating about the draft before the season, I doubt it. The screenshot says Preseason, and the draft is always offseason. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'm skeptical.

I am really excited about that RS button at the top. If that means multiple team control is back, I might actually consider this year's game. I still don't get how/why they could not figure that out last year, but that's neither here nor there.

Short Version: Tiburon wins this round.

# 38 Ice_Cold345 @ 05/19/13 11:43 PM
First thing I noticed was that XP is still in the game, which is terrible in my opinion. Hopefully, they made it easier to get XP for other backup players to develop. It is nicer, but nicer isn't always better.

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 05/20/13 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
surprised jpdavis didnt find this lol

the menu looks modern and it does seem to have the option for multiple users on one system.

hmmmm tomorrow cant come fast enough
Lol I was on a date, which was great, anyway, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

My idea is to have a weekly injury report tied to weekly practices as well as a 46 man roster on game day. If a player practices throughout the week I'd list him as probable, partially practices he's questionable, unable to practice then he's doubtful or out. We could even pull a belicheck and keep people guessing in our online leagues who we were going to activate/bench each week.

What do you guys think of this idea?

# 40 speedy9386 @ 05/20/13 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
First thing I noticed was that XP is still in the game, which is terrible in my opinion. Hopefully, they made it easier to get XP for other backup players to develop. It is nicer, but nicer isn't always better.
Lebron James a Paul George wannabe?

Anyway I think it looks fresh and maybe this is just from playing Madden 13 for so long but I'm liking the fact that it's not so blue

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.