Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 celticsfan @ 06/06/13 04:47 AM
Surely it cant be too long before we hear that they have cancelled the game again? tick tock.

# 222 AusBot @ 06/07/13 09:15 AM
I don't know why some people here say people 'hate' EA, or at least the NBA Live franchise.

People laugh at the franchise at what it once was and how quickly they had fallen. People laugh at fanboys who hold so dearly onto NBA Live like their only child.

Would personally love to see NBA Live come out on next gen with a solid product, but let's face it the odds of EA bringing out an equally good NBA game to 2k are very very long. Would love to see them succeed and change up what we as fans are expecting but I won't hold my breath.

Right now the odds on for NBA Live is on par with what they did exactly last year. Crappy still images, followed by some hype and promises followed by delays and promises and delays and promises and delays and promises and cancelled for another "3 year" endeavour.

# 223 KyotoCarl @ 06/07/13 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
NBA Live 2006

NBA Live 2014

You be the Judge
Both pics are pre rendered so it has nothing to do with what we'll see on the console.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 224 youvalss @ 06/07/13 07:04 PM
Does anyone know how much time they had to work on this next-gen title? I mean, when did they (and everyone else) receive those kits, or whatever they need in order to develop games?

# 225 MarvinOida @ 06/07/13 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
SMH. Just...SMH.
So why is the Reds so Pink?
Why are the black jerseys light gray?
Why is the Knicks blue baby blue?

Bro I get you like 2K, I do too, but Live 10 (and hopefully 14) has better looking colors, shoes, and SOME faces than 2K, STILL.

# 226 Eman5805 @ 06/08/13 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Both pics are pre rendered so it has nothing to do with what we'll see on the console.

True. But...if it's pre-rendered, how does the one 7 years older look better even allowing that? Hell, that's even more reason for it to look spectacular.

# 227 KyotoCarl @ 06/10/13 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
True. But...if it's pre-rendered, how does the one 7 years older look better even allowing that? Hell, that's even more reason for it to look spectacular.
Jurassic Park is from 1993 and their CG dinosaurs looked better than the ones from Terra Nova from just a year back or so.

I don't know why it didn't look better than something rendered 7 years ago but it still wasn't actual gameplay footage.

# 228 Gosens6 @ 06/10/13 10:56 AM
Seriously, it's a CGI rendered photo and people are up in arms about it. They did the same thing with the CGI Madden video until it was hammered into their heads that it was CGI. I don't get some folks.

# 229 SouthBeach @ 06/10/13 04:33 PM
Until they showed the trailer, I was actually feeling a bit better about Live '14.

# 230 noshun @ 06/10/13 04:37 PM
yikes........ players look plastic as ever.. what the heck happened.. theyve digressed..

# 231 noshun @ 06/10/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
It was more cgi crap. Just look at Madden and Fifa graphics...if they can get there NBA game to look like those I would be happy as long as gameplay is good too.

that was ingame graphics... the other was cgi.. excuses are coming............. Players had the "goofy" face to them.

# 232 JerzeyReign @ 06/10/13 04:45 PM
Haha... Ayo.... WTF was that?!

# 233 noshun @ 06/10/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Excuses? Why would i make an excuse for a video game? I'm no NBA Live defender so don't get it twisted. All im saying is it looks like CGI and not real gameplay.
I didn't single you out as making them.. I said it in general. That was all ingame graphics.. and DeAndre Jordan had his "goofy" face on. given its not too bad, but I was expecting a lot better than this..

Again, excuses are coming..

# 234 Eman5805 @ 06/10/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Jurassic Park is from 1993 and their CG dinosaurs looked better than the ones from Terra Nova from just a year back or so.

I don't know why it didn't look better than something rendered 7 years ago but it still wasn't actual gameplay footage.
What the heck is Terra Nova? Ain't that the anti-alien political party from Mass Effect? Or was that the attack you do after a biotic charge?

# 235 KyotoCarl @ 06/12/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
What the heck is Terra Nova? Ain't that the anti-alien political party from Mass Effect? Or was that the attack you do after a biotic charge?
Terra Nova was a TV series a year back where they had dinosaurs but the CGI was on par or worse than Jurassic Park.

# 236 JLENNELJ @ 06/15/13 07:55 AM
Lol NBA Live already coming out with the crappy screenshots, huh?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.