Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Jay Jay @ 05/23/13 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I can tell you haven't been around here long.
Been around here for years...I just dont have time to argue with kids or grown men who act like kids.

# 102 vtcrb @ 05/23/13 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Or, alternatively, they could sink their time, money, and resources into developing for just one generation of consoles. How many chances do you want to give EA? They haven't got it right at all this generation, but you think they'll miraculously get it right all of a sudden? Nah man. They have very little to gain by putting out a current-gen game right now considering the reputation NBA Live has received on this console.

And forget porting it to next gen. EA seriously needs to just start over once and build from there rather than starting over repeatedly. This is their best opportunity to do that.
So they cant get it right on the Current System, so why would they attempt on New System. The New System I would think would be More complex and more expensive to make the game on. I feel they could repair their Broken relationship(somewhat) with their fan base by making a good Current Gen Product. Now basically they are Saying," Hey we have sucked the last 3 years, go out and spend $$$ on New system, because if you DONT you cant play our product." Not a sound marketing strategy.

I understand where you are coming from as well, I just Dont think LIVE will rebound by ONLY being NEXT Gen available. I could be wrong though.

# 103 Slava Medvadenko @ 05/23/13 11:22 PM
I don't think Live is going for a purely realistic look. They are going for a sort of realistic/sort of Pixar hybrid look. I think they were trying to do that in the 2013 version that didn't make it to market, too. It kind of reminds me of Bioshock Infinite, where its not 100% realistic but has some cartoon influence. In the Live 14 sceenshots the lighting, the exaggerated facial features, and the arms/legs look a bit like How to Train Your Dragon and stuff like that. Whether you like this or not is up to you. Personally I prefer attempting realism in my sports games.

# 104 stillfeelme @ 05/23/13 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
So they cant get it right on the Current System, so why would they attempt on New System. The New System I would think would be More complex and more expensive to make the game on. I feel they could repair their Broken relationship(somewhat) with their fan base by making a good Current Gen Product. Now basically they are Saying," Hey we have sucked the last 3 years, go out and spend $$$ on New system, because if you DONT you cant play our product." Not a sound marketing strategy.

I understand where you are coming from as well, I just Dont think LIVE will rebound by ONLY being NEXT Gen available. I could be wrong though.
They realize they have lost the "war" on current gen basketball. They probably didn't see the need to develop two seperate engines at the same time when they couldn't get this gen right. Might as well start on the new systems which will be the main platform for at least 7 years or so. They also are using that new engine that most likely is too advanced for current gen.

# 105 23 @ 05/24/13 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Been around here for years...I just dont have time to argue with kids or grown men who act like kids.
Go on..........

# 106 authentic @ 05/24/13 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Go on..........
Oh my...I hope this doesn't start...again.

LOL

# 107 LoizaPR @ 05/24/13 07:49 AM
Wat a waste of money the new Xbox one is gonna be. SMH.........

# 108 Eman5805 @ 05/24/13 08:14 AM
I have absolutely no faith this game will be worth anything. Because I'm almost convinced that they didn't even build a new live engine from the ground up like they should've.

# 109 McMurrayfan @ 05/24/13 08:58 AM
Why does Irving looked scared to death? lol

I'll stick with 2k, ive bin disappointed for far to long by EA basketball games over the years

# 110 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/24/13 10:39 AM
Waiting for E3 gameplay vids to past judgement.

# 111 Haval93 @ 05/24/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb

Just a point to make here.

Actually the next-gen consoles are easier to develop for and in theory less expensive to produce games. Both new system are based on the x86-64 architecture, which is what all PCs are using. So, there should be even less excuses these new generations of consoles. Also should mean better ports and better games because of familiar architecture.

# 112 mpenias @ 05/24/13 03:59 PM
nothing interests me less than screenshots of the graphics.
I have never played a sports game and said, damn these graphics are really ruining it.
Show us how smoothly it will run online. Show us a creative new game mode. Hell, even show us a menu.

# 113 da ThRONe @ 05/24/13 08:09 PM
It looks like a bunch of space aliens on the court. This visually may be the worst thing I've seen in a 360/PS3 gen sports game.

R.I.P. NBA Live.

# 114 Ajknowsit @ 05/24/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It looks like a bunch of space aliens on the court. This visually may be the worst thing I've seen in a 360/PS3 gen sports game.

R.I.P. NBA Live.
Come on man, I can understand peoples distaste for EA and there tactics, but post like this are way off base. It not that bad, and I've definitely seen much worse from them and their competitor, stop the hate just for the sake of it.

# 115 Eman5805 @ 05/24/13 09:00 PM
It's not that off base. This is legitimately hard to look at. Worst thing on the eyes in that whole lil' hype vid.

# 116 Rules @ 05/24/13 09:21 PM
I've seen these pics before.........

wait, just remembered where..........

my 3 year old made these using some plastic and a crayon.

# 117 23 @ 05/24/13 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
Come on man, I can understand peoples distaste for EA and there tactics, but post like this are way off base. It not that bad, and I've definitely seen much worse from them and their competitor, stop the hate just for the sake of it.
No its that bad. It's not hate its a genuine post about what he sees.

Galaxy Note 2

# 118 Ajknowsit @ 05/24/13 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No its that bad. It's not hate its a genuine post about what he sees.

Galaxy Note 2
LOL... OK, it's the worst thing ever seen.

# 119 23 @ 05/24/13 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
LOL... OK, it's the worst thing ever seen.
I wouldn't say that but certainly not something you'd expect ayer a 3 to 4 year absence

Galaxy Note 2

# 120 Blzer @ 05/24/13 11:51 PM
I'm not seeing this trailer they're talking about. I can only see the screenshots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.