Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Joystiq has posted some new information on Madden NFL 25 which also includes a video.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 juggalotusx @ 05/22/13 11:48 PM
Really wish all the players on the sideline were moving instead of just t standing there like morons. The "footplant" looked horrible, to quick and unatural.

# 42 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 12:02 AM
I was going to try and get a comparison shot of the fields and I come here and see people breaking down 5 secs of gameplay from who knows when.

# 43 d11king @ 05/23/13 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I was going to try and get a comparison shot of the fields and I come here and see people breaking down 5 secs of gameplay from who knows when.
Hey! I had to put my two cents in

# 44 thrust @ 05/23/13 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Also noticed this. Me and 2 brothers might have a new way to play madden. I can be mark dominik (owner) my one brother can be Greg schiano (coach) and my other can be josh freeman (player).

That would be a really new and fun dynamic for us.

And you live.....?

I know, me too bro! U should stop by during recess, 12-1:30p. They let us play on the porch then, and sometimes after dinner too. It's cool, alot of volunteers play with us too.

# 45 sactown_13 @ 05/23/13 01:53 AM
"Giving more power to players out there." No, just giving it back.

# 46 ACardAttack @ 05/23/13 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
Maybe just me but are the players better proportioned to the field? lol I cant believe I took the bait
That was the first thing I noticed. Much better than at least the NCAA series

# 47 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 01:09 PM
Field Sizes

Madden 13

Madden 25

# 48 cuttingteeth @ 05/23/13 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
For those desperately trying to analyze 5 seconds of gameplay:

I just realised (screw you auto-correct, realised is properly spelled with an "s" not a "z") that in the above snippet, that two player(s) are both on the Broncos...not the Raiders. Are we seeing decent CPU offensive AI for once. I mean, the QB (Palmer is gone, but it's him in the game - still, his ratings aren't that great) actually moves in the pocket some - he reacts to pressure and gets rid of the ball where he should, not forcing a deep ball.

Also, after watching this 100 times in a row, I do see the LE and LB both crash in, yet they disengage back out around the RT coming after Palmer.

# 49 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/23/13 04:07 PM
Quote:
Field Sizes

Madden 13

Madden 25

Camera looks to have been placed further out in the Madden 25. Also the colors don't quite pop as much in the Madden 25 screen. Not sure if that is better or worse.

# 50 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Camera looks to have been placed further out in the Madden 25. Also the colors don't quite pop as much in the Madden 25 screen. Not sure if that is better or worse.
I believe the picture from Madden 13 was captured off screen, Madden 25 seems to be from a direct feed.

# 51 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I just realised (screw you auto-correct, realised is properly spelled with an "s" not a "z") that in the above snippet, that two player(s) are both on the Broncos...not the Raiders. Are we seeing decent CPU offensive AI for once. I mean, the QB (Palmer is gone, but it's him in the game - still, his ratings aren't that great) actually moves in the pocket some - he reacts to pressure and gets rid of the ball where he should, not forcing a deep ball.

Also, after watching this 100 times in a row, I do see the LE and LB both crash in, yet they disengage back out around the RT coming after Palmer.
That is moving too fast for me to break it down, glad you are able to. So are you saying that the LE and LB are doing what they should or what they have always done?

I did notice the LT and DE engaging and the DE keeps coming after Palmer even while being engaged, which is nice to see.

# 52 cuttingteeth @ 05/23/13 04:54 PM
Quote:
That is moving too fast for me to break it down, glad you are able to. So are you saying that the LE and LB are doing what they should or what they have always done?

I did notice the LT and DE engaging and the DE keeps coming after Palmer even while being engaged, which is nice to see.
Actually, just watched it over/over some more. What I'm seeing is the DT and LB crashing straight down, then they disengage, kick out around the RT and come after the QB. The LE crashes inward taking the RT with him mostly, and then the LE disengages to the inside to go around the RT after the QB. All this, and the RT does spin around to try and engage the LB coming around the outside (but the camera pans right too fast to see what else could have occurred). That alone is something I've not seen before or to that degree any. That's a big deal and pretty impressive. Maybe it's happened before and I just didn't notice (in M13, which I didn't play much at all). Still...impressive...and much appreciated.

# 53 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Actually, just watched it over/over some more. What I'm seeing is the DT and LB crashing straight down, then they disengage, kick out around the RT and come after the QB. The LE crashes inward taking the RT with him mostly, and then the LE disengages to the inside to go around the RT after the QB. All this, and the RT does spin around to try and engage the LB coming around the outside (but the camera pans right too fast to see what else could have occurred). That alone is something I've not seen before or to that degree any. That's a big deal and pretty impressive. Maybe it's happened before and I just didn't notice (in M13, which I didn't play much at all). Still...impressive...and much appreciated.
I would have liked to have seen the RE/OLB get more of a push rather than becoming fully engaged but the fact that he's getting upfield, didn't get locked in place and continued to move towards the QB after he was engaged, and would have had the sack had Palmer held on a little bit longer looks promising. It's hard to say how the other side would have worked since the user dropped Miller into coverage but if you can get that sort of look coming from both sides it would be a nice improvement.

# 54 stooge 1010 @ 05/23/13 05:23 PM
can you play as the 85 bears? I heard you can revive teams.

# 55 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I would have liked to have seen the RE/OLB get more of a push rather than becoming fully engaged but the fact that he's getting upfield, didn't get locked in place and continued to move towards the QB after he was engaged, and would have had the sack had Palmer held on a little bit longer looks promising. It's hard to say how the other side would have worked since the user dropped Miller into coverage but if you can get that sort of look coming from both sides it would be a nice improvement.
The fact that it took 5 seconds of gameplay to see that happen and not 5 hours is also promising. It could be a coincidence, but I highly doubt it.

# 56 sportzbro @ 05/23/13 07:00 PM
Honestly just waiting for what the game looks like on next-gen consoles.

Also, I read somewhere that one of the team names for Austin is "Bats".

Does anybody have a list of all the names for the 17 cities?

# 57 rovert22044 @ 05/23/13 07:08 PM
From the highlights I see, JJ Watt's character model is still a fat lard (which pisses me off). They make him look like a DT when he's just a little bit bigger than a LB. He should get skinnier than they make him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Honestly just waiting for what the game looks like on next-gen consoles.

Also, I read somewhere that one of the team names for Austin is "Bats".

Does anybody have a list of all the names for the 17 cities?
"The 17 cities include Brooklyn, London, Dublin, Toronto, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Austin, Columbus, Orlando, Portland, Oklahoma City and Memphis."

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/ma...-revive-histo/ (in the OP...)

# 58 sportzbro @ 05/23/13 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
"The 17 cities include Brooklyn, London, Dublin, Toronto, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Austin, Columbus, Orlando, Portland, Oklahoma City and Memphis."
My bad, I meant team names for all 17 cities.. Like Brooklyn I know has Beats, Dodgers, Yanks, and the orignal team name as options.

I'd like to see the name/logos for Portland, Memphis, etc.

# 59 martymcflyy85 @ 05/23/13 07:41 PM
Are you able to play with the legends right off the bat? Do you have to unlock them or buy them? I'm interested in combining legends/current players in a season like you can do on NBA2k.

# 60 d11king @ 05/23/13 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know why I just really caught this after watching this gif so many times but like what others have stated, the engaged player movement between the Left Tackle and Right End is great to see. I wonder if OL can be pushed into the QB and effect the throw considering IE.

Looking forward to seeing the game play on M25 for new consoles.
I still feel as though that was a suction block. Sometimes it looks as if the angle to DE took, he should be well in front of the OL, and once the QB moves right, a block (from the side) occurs. Makes me curious whether there will be some block in the back calls in this game, cause I kind of thought that could've been one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.