Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted another Madden NFL 25 blog, written by Creative Director Mike Young, as he goes deeper into Connected Franchise. Here are a few bullet points. Some you may or may not already know about.
  • Import draft classes from NCAA Football 14 into Madden NFL 25
  • Offline 32-team Control
  • Control player or coach in the same Connected Franchise
  • Goal to allow players as much control over their Franchise as possible
  • start a league with a Fantasy Draft Before you start your Franchise (online/offline)
  • Refined user interface, reworked the trade interface and added a transaction log
  • Added the ability to change your players’ positions (For example, move DB to WR, DE to LB)
  • More legends added
Quote:
On the presentation side, we’ve got a lot of exciting additions for your Franchise experience. Darren Rovell, Paul Lukas, and Mike Clay are just a few of the new names in sports media that will bring added depth to the News Center. Commentators will also fill you in on standings, season stats, last week’s game and more. In addition, experience all-new branching Draft story lines brought to life by Trey Wingo AND Adam Schefter.
Source - Connected Franchise Deep Dive (EA Sports)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
where did you see gameplay???
Spoiler

# 22 CarryTheWeight @ 05/23/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Does any sports game do that? The most ive seen is NBA 2k where they will say something like "Kobe had a great game last night" and a stat overlay will show what his stats from that game. Thats still plenty generic.
It doesn't have to be insanely detailed or specified, but the example I gave of Martin Tyler reporting the specific amount of goals a player has in FIFA during his play-by-play works well. That, and NBA often breaks to discuss a player's season stats during timeouts or stoppages. "Let's look at Kyle Lowry...tenth in three point percentage, second in assists, and he's been a really good catalyst for his offense this year." Something to that extent. It's not the most specific commentary in the world but it's better than what most games give us.

The stuff that modern commentary engines can't handle (e.g. really specific observations) can easily be displayed on graphical overlays or even on the menu's Twitter feeds. I think that's all I can expect from Madden, but it would be nice to see something truly innovative from them on the presentation front.

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That looping over and over again is giving me such a headache right now. LOL Sidenote: The speed on the video of the gameplay ain't this fast. It is much slower.

# 24 Trick13 @ 05/23/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Wouldnt the same log show that the Rams gave up lets say a 1st rounder to Cincy?
You would hope so, but the screenshot we saw leads you to question if that is the case...

The transaction log should just list the entirety of the trade -
Dallas trades Romo, 2014 1st rd, and 2015 1st rd pick to
Jaguars for 2014 1st rd pick

And if it doesn't then you had better be able to select the "snippet" and be shown the details by hitting a button.

The preference would be to have it all displayed without having to navigate or select the trade to view details...

# 25 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
That looping over and over again is giving me such a headache right now. LOL Sidenote: The speed on the video of the gameplay ain't this fast. It is much slower.
Lol yeah. I need to make better use of those spoiler tags.

# 26 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Lol yeah. I need to make better use of those spoiler tags.
It would help if you had a warning sign on that video.

# 27 infemous @ 05/23/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Thank you!

Gameplay looked very unspectacular but I'm gonna look at the line interaction some more!

I don't know if its just me, but why is it that all the recent Madden teams have been really condescending towards the fans? The way they talk about adding in player editing for people like it was a chore for them; wasted energy on a geek's fantasy sort of attitude... Likewise with the 32 team control - saying its for control freaks - when really its because the CPU AI doesn't allow the game to be playable...

I know that they're bigger geeks than any of us, but I guess thats why the tone is sorta surprising to me...

# 28 jmurphy31 @ 05/23/13 08:12 PM
Quote:
Does any sports game do that? The most ive seen is NBA 2k where they will say something like "Kobe had a great game last night" and a stat overlay will show what his stats from that game. Thats still plenty generic.
I don't need it too specific and after every play.

For example, on your first posssession of the second half Nantz or Simms brings up how you've thrown 2 int. Or only ran for 20 yards. (NCAA did this with a little video montage)

For season flow. Saying a QB just threw his 30 TD and that should put him inyo tge MVP race (NCAA used to do this with the Heisman)

# 29 infemous @ 05/23/13 08:12 PM
Quote:
Wouldnt the same log show that the Rams gave up lets say a 1st rounder to Cincy?
It shows in the screenshot:

That there is no A button (or X if it was PS3) way of selecting and looking at the transaction beyond the headline that is "Cincy trades AJ Green to the Rams"

A typical EA oversight that I guess was to be expected.

# 30 infemous @ 05/23/13 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
You would hope so, but the screenshot we saw leads you to question if that is the case...

The transaction log should just list the entirety of the trade -
Dallas trades Romo, 2014 1st rd, and 2015 1st rd pick to
Jaguars for 2014 1st rd pick

And if it doesn't then you had better be able to select the "snippet" and be shown the details by hitting a button.

The preference would be to have it all displayed without having to navigate or select the trade to view details...

Likewise, it needs to say how much so and so was signed for:

Steelers sign Dwight Freeney for 2 yrs / 9 mil - 3.2 gtd.

# 31 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 08:18 PM
Quote:
Thank you!

Gameplay looked very unspectacular but I'm gonna look at the line interaction some more!

I don't know if its just me, but why is it that all the recent Madden teams have been really condescending towards the fans? The way they talk about adding in player editing for people like it was a chore for them; wasted energy on a geek's fantasy sort of attitude... Likewise with the 32 team control - saying its for control freaks - when really its because the CPU AI doesn't allow the game to be playable...

I know that they're bigger geeks than any of us, but I guess thats why the tone is sorta surprising to me...
Well for as graphic wise goes. The game is at max for this Gen. It want look much better then it is right now. But far as gameplay goes. I thought it looked solid. You can see that the LT is getting out on the edge and blocking the RE as he comes around Unlike the past the LT or RT would stay close to the oline and not go back very far and the DE would usually put his shoulder down slip by the tackle and get to the QB. In this video it is clearly showing the LT getting to the edge and blocking the RE a lot better then in the past. Then you can see that the RE is getting up the field a lot better this year then in the past. RE is getting a better pass rush. We have complain about it for years. From the look of the video. The pass rush has improve. It's just a few seconds worth I know we need more to make sure it is legit and good to go for this year. But for this few seconds of video looks good to me. Just my opinion tho.

# 32 Trick13 @ 05/23/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
It shows in the screenshot:

That there is no A button (or X if it was PS3) way of selecting and looking at the transaction beyond the headline that is "Cincy trades AJ Green to the Rams"

A typical EA oversight that I guess was to be expected.
Seriously, how does EA miss carp like that, how does this escape scrutiny? I am not amused by this development at all. When people gripe about EA and get booted from this site - I think of these items and the "tone" EA devs respond to certain questions and I wonder why does OS "protect" EA???

# 33 infemous @ 05/23/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Seriously, how does EA miss carp like that, how does this escape scrutiny? I am not amused by this development at all. When people gripe about EA and get booted from this site - I think of these items and the "tone" EA devs respond to certain questions and I wonder why does OS "protect" EA???
I have no idea man. I genuinely wonder about Gamechangers too tbh.. Although I met someone who tested for the Football Manager series and every bug or oversight (such as a typo or smoothness issue) they reported would get ignored by the developers and they'd spend months logging the same complaint to no avail.

Considering that is such a huge game franchise (and a very good one at that) I am not surprised the (arguably less talented) developers at Tiburon make these sorts of mistakes.

Regarding the tone, I have found that it is more subtle than the hordes of people who scream expletives at EA all the time so isn't always picked up by people.

I used to have a problem with the censorship and have had my fair share of warnings but I understand the way OS works now and tow the line.

I do believe a little more leniency from some mods wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but at the end of the day this is their domain and we have two options; do as they say or not post here.

I save any of my more angry posts for other, less regulated sites lol

# 34 TreFacTor @ 05/23/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
I still don't like the pocket formation. I think the LT needs to hit the DE closer to the los...he's almost into the QB before he makes contact. I can see if the DE rode him there, but they meet almost at the QB. I like the double tackle.

# 35 Trick13 @ 05/23/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
I have no idea man. I genuinely wonder about Gamechangers too tbh.. Although I met someone who tested for the Football Manager series and every bug or oversight (such as a typo or smoothness issue) they reported would get ignored by the developers and they'd spend months logging the same complaint to no avail.

Considering that is such a huge game franchise (and a very good one at that) I am not surprised the (arguably less talented) developers at Tiburon make these sorts of mistakes.

Regarding the tone, I have found that it is more subtle than the hordes of people who scream expletives at EA all the time so isn't always picked up by people.

I used to have a problem with the censorship and have had my fair share of warnings but I understand the way OS works now and tow the line.

I do believe a little more leniency from some mods wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but at the end of the day this is their domain and we have two options; do as they say or not post here.

I save any of my more angry posts for other, less regulated sites lol
Don't get me wrong, the rules are established and I do my best to abide by them, but things like that or showing "working stuff" like when IC showed videos of "consecutive hits" and then they don't make into the game - We should be able to strongly voice displeasure without fear of reprimand, within reason of course.

# 36 Cowboy008 @ 05/23/13 08:40 PM
I wonder if they will actually count assisted tackles this year.

# 37 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
I still don't like the pocket formation. I think the LT needs to hit the DE closer to the los...he's almost into the QB before he makes contact. I can see if the DE rode him there, but they meet almost at the QB. I like the double tackle.
It all depends on how far the DE went out on the edge. When it comes down to it. There is no true way the pocket should look. The pocket always form differently depending on the play and where the defenders are coming from. The oline pockets forms different ways on different plays.

# 38 csofva @ 05/23/13 08:55 PM
i just pray that they dont forget the concept of football(on the field) with all this new fancy stuff

# 39 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csofva
i just pray that they dont forget the concept of football(on the field) with all this new fancy stuff
I'm sure gameplay will be fine bro. EA has a group of guys/girls for every part of the game. From Franchise mode to gameplay. If it was one big group working on the whole game and not different groups for differents parts. Then I would be worried. I think things will be ok. We should be getting some good gameplay footage in about 2 weeks from E3. Maybe sooner depending on EA marketing department. But this video that came out today had a few seconds of gameplay of 25. Take a look at it.

# 40 Trick13 @ 05/23/13 09:06 PM
Quote:
I'm sure gameplay will be fine bro. EA has a group of guys/girls for every part of the game. From Franchise mode to gameplay. If it was one big group working on the whole game and not different groups for differents parts. Then I would be worried. I think things will be ok. We should be getting some good gameplay footage in about 2 weeks from E3. Maybe sooner depending on EA marketing department. But this video that came out today had a few seconds of gameplay of 25. Take a look at it.
That's all well and good, but it creates issues - the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing - and if that is true then the strides in game play from year to year should be a indicator that they need to find more talented developers...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.