Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports will reveal NCAA Football 14 dynasty information tomorrow and have teased us with a new screenshot. What are you hoping to see tomorrow?

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ncaaballerUSC @ 05/28/13 03:02 AM
bring back college degree choice like the xbox ps2 days, i enjoyed learning about injuries and different things, teaching young minds while playing football is excellent! god forbid you have to do a little learning but its great in my opinion. make us feel like were a student and choose to study for exams to keep up our gpa which helps with awareness or focus solely on fitness to progress the players, and BRING BACK POSITION SKILLS. make cbs do cone swats, make the wrs do routes and catch the ball. but dont allow for players to be max 100 at everything since no one has that skill asset. this isnt asking for much, it was all taken out so put it back because it worked!

# 22 wolverinemaniac @ 05/28/13 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaaballerUSC
bring back college degree choice like the xbox ps2 days, i enjoyed learning about injuries and different things, teaching young minds while playing football is excellent! god forbid you have to do a little learning but its great in my opinion. make us feel like were a student and choose to study for exams to keep up our gpa which helps with awareness or focus solely on fitness to progress the players, and BRING BACK POSITION SKILLS. make cbs do cone swats, make the wrs do routes and catch the ball. but dont allow for players to be max 100 at everything since no one has that skill asset. this isnt asking for much, it was all taken out so put it back because it worked!
we are all entitled to our opinions but I was never a fan of anything you mentioned nor was I a fan of the player discipline. All that does it makes the game more tedious and repetitive. I am glad they removed it. I am sure there are people on both sides of the arguement.

# 23 ACardAttack @ 05/28/13 07:00 AM
I'm on my phone, and may have missed anyone bringing it up, but does anyone else loath the idea of knowing a recruits overall rating? Maybe the is scouted rating and could be higher or lower when the recruit arrives

# 24 Wildcats302 @ 05/28/13 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Let's not talk about playoffs. Jim Mora would like it that way.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing if conference realignment is still in. I enjoyed making historical layouts in NCAA12.
I see no reason why they would take them out. Realignment is not 100% complete so they should allow us to fix it.

# 25 vanderbiltfan87 @ 05/28/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
I'm on my phone, and may have missed anyone bringing it up, but does anyone else loath the idea of knowing a recruits overall rating? Maybe the is scouted rating and could be higher or lower when the recruit arrives
I agree but wonder if these players have been fully scouted. There is a scout tab on the right so hopefully that's why the overalls are present. If not, then this is already heading in the wrong direction.

What bothers me more though is that these overalls are too high for incoming freshmen. 80+ rated offensive linemen? It takes a player the longest to see action on the field at this position due to the learning curve as well as physical development.

I have wanted to see all incoming freshmen enter their first season with smaller bodies and needing a year or two to develop physically (of course, some guys are ready to contribute their first year, but most are not). I wish the NCAA team would input a physical development trait that would determine how quickly players will grow into their bodies. Couple this with a percentage grade for how far along in development for each player. Let us redshirt a 6'5 260 pound linemen and watch his weight and strength increase the next year (though strength would not increase much, maybe 2-4 points).

# 26 fcboiler87 @ 05/28/13 08:57 AM
Ok nevermind misread something because I don't have XBOX and thought it was something different.

# 27 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 05/28/13 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87
I agree but wonder if these players have been fully scouted. There is a scout tab on the right so hopefully that's why the overalls are present. If not, then this is already heading in the wrong direction.

What bothers me more though is that these overalls are too high for incoming freshmen. 80+ rated offensive linemen? It takes a player the longest to see action on the field at this position due to the learning curve as well as physical development.

I have wanted to see all incoming freshmen enter their first season with smaller bodies and needing a year or two to develop physically (of course, some guys are ready to contribute their first year, but most are not). I wish the NCAA team would input a physical development trait that would determine how quickly players will grow into their bodies. Couple this with a percentage grade for how far along in development for each player. Let us redshirt a 6'5 260 pound linemen and watch his weight and strength increase the next year (though strength would not increase much, maybe 2-4 points).
I agree. Have such measurables as height and weight play a factor into a whole other strategy of itself. Say for example you bring in a Freshman WR who is 6'5 220, eventually you may have to decide to switch him to either TE or DE if he keeps gaining weight.

# 28 vanderbiltfan87 @ 05/28/13 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I agree. Have such measurables as height and weight play a factor into a whole other strategy of itself. Say for example you bring in a Freshman WR who is 6'5 220, eventually he may have to switch to TE if he keeps gaining weight.
Exactly.

I definitely think the Madden and NCAA teams have these games heading in the right direction as we approach the new generation of consoles. The additions to the games last year and this year seem to be laying the foundation for the future. Every addition seems to be one that will be adopted on the PS4 or XboxOne. But the recruit generator, depth charts, progression system all need to be taken out and replaced with a new engine. This would be a rather large undertaking for this generation when it would make more sense just to write new code on the new consoles.

# 29 oXoTheJOKERoXo @ 05/28/13 12:18 PM
I bet the point system is a mr improved system of the hour system... For ex. You have a 5 star recuit about 5000 away points you actually use all ur points to get him instead of the random points on topic with like a max of 400 lpoints. Points are probably gained through how well u do aka win games get more points embarrass a rival get bonus points. Cant wait

# 30 willz1985 @ 05/28/13 12:42 PM
the XP points system is one that was very similar to the system used in NFL Head Coach '09, where you also used up XP to improve both yourself and your coaching staff. I personally liked this so if it works the same as that I'll be happy.

I dunno if anyone agrees with me on how the XP works, from the YouTube trailer explanation it seems to be the case.

With regards to whole, overall ratings of players arguments going on, I can only assume these are base reatings and/or ratings gathered through scouting, which would mean they've brought forward the same part of scouting from last years game.

Overall I'm pretty excited for this, just really would liek to see some extended gameplay as it seems like they have made some good changes/additions for the off the field sections of the game

# 31 Colt45 @ 05/28/13 12:47 PM
XP looks like it works just like it does in Superstar mode.

# 32 menloe24 @ 05/28/13 08:59 PM
Does anyone know if ESPN Bottom Line score Ticker is back this year for NCAA Football 14?

EA Sports will not comment on this - so I am afraid it will be gone - and I loved that feature.

# 33 Goblue8899 @ 01/16/14 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
So much for a recruiting overhaul... I see more of the same, just allocating points instead of time now, whoopee. I hope the #ncaa means there will be a twitter feed with recruits tweeting about visits, commits, and decommits, could be really cool.
I assume you mean in game, and that would be a great new addition

# 34 Goblue8899 @ 01/16/14 05:29 PM
One cool think about NBA 2k11 was the prospects game. An all-American game with the top prospects would be sweet, they could choose a team during the game like a studio update.

A lot of this stuff will never happen, but if EA or another company would just listen for once, it would be the best sporting game ever

# 35 trashman @ 01/16/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblue8899
One cool think about NBA 2k11 was the prospects game. An all-American game with the top prospects would be sweet, they could choose a team during the game like a studio update.

A lot of this stuff will never happen, but if EA or another company would just listen for once, it would be the best sporting game ever
Quit bumping old threads

# 36 GruffyMcGuiness @ 01/16/14 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman
Quit bumping old threads
As long as the NCAA forum is active

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.