Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

There might be a few details that are hard to see in video form, here are 52 screenshots from the video to talk about.

And here's a quick breakdown of the features mentioned in the video:

Recruiting
  • Recruiting only done with points now, no more finding pitches
  • Bonus points are allocated per recruit when your strengths match his interests
  • Signing Day has been introduced for official commitments
Coaching Skills
  • RPG element to Coaching (Coach XP, levels and skills)
  • XP gained for on field performance, meeting milestones and even for recruiting
  • Structure of Coach Skills seem similar to NFL Head Coach 09 skill tree
  • Skills broken down into 3 categories (Recruiting, Offensive and Defensive)
  • HC controls how all skills are assigned (Can assign the skills for your OC and DC too)
  • Coordinators are only responsible for their own skills

NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 Robcards @ 05/29/13 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
My sense is that most are at least willing to give the new recruiting a chance, if they arent outright happy about the changes.
I never said I wasn't going to 'give it a chance' I said that its absolutely absurd to tout it as 'new'. It's the same system as before except you allocate points instead of minutes. It's boring and needs to be legitimately revamped, not just changing wording around to make it look like you did work.

# 222 Strategizer @ 05/29/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I never said I wasn't going to 'give it a chance' I said that its absolutely absurd to tout it as 'new'. It's the same system as before except you allocate points instead of minutes. It's boring and needs to be legitimately revamped, not just changing wording around to make it look like you did work.
So you're upset about the semantics only? I'm pretty sure you expressed dissatisfaction at losing the phone call setup in another thread, so it's more than EA's labeling of it. And there is more to it than the point system. Things like deal breakers and coach recruiting skills are small but important inclusions.

# 223 Robcards @ 05/29/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
So you're upset about the semantics only? I'm pretty sure you expressed dissatisfaction at losing the phone call setup in another thread, so it's more than EA's labeling of it. And there is more to it than the point system. Things like deal breakers and coach recruiting skills are small but important inclusions.
Find that quote because I certainly made no such statement regarding losing phone calls. I am very disappointed that 'all new dynasty' and 'completely revamped recruiting' was being built up only to get this nonsense which didnt change much at all. Adding scouting to recruiting last year was a bigger change than all of this combined. This is a joke.

And don't get me started on the coach perks like an rpg game that are completely wacky and if I played the game I would turn off if I had the option to. That is an awful addition.

# 224 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/29/13 04:22 PM
Robcards, I have seen quite a few more excited about the change to recruiting than complaining. Posting every other post is not a way to win arguments around here. Go listen to the podcast, there was a lot more done to recruiting then your continuous ranting argues.

# 225 Strategizer @ 05/29/13 04:24 PM
Quote:
Find that quote because I certainly made no such statement regarding losing phone calls. I am very disappointed that 'all new dynasty' and 'completely revamped recruiting' was being built up only to get this nonsense which didnt change much at all. Adding scouting to recruiting last year was a bigger change than all of this combined. This is a joke.

And don't get me started on the coach perks like an rpg game that are completely wacky and if I played the game I would turn off if I had the option to. That is an awful addition.
Yes I confused a conversation I had with you about coach xp with one I had about recruiting with someone else. I think both things are great additions and changes, so I don't care how EA phrases it. There are some things I wish were added, but their absence isn't game breaking to me. Then again I tend not to pin my hopes on marketing speak.

# 226 moylan1234 @ 05/29/13 04:38 PM
Teambuilder has seen upgrades since it first came out I just wanted to point that out. As many upgrades as we'd all like? no, but upgrades nonetheless and I don't think its fair to rip them about TB anyway because upgrades or no upgrades it's still the best create a team option we have in any sports game and quite frankly it's not even close.

I had no problem with recruiting in the past, but I'm willing to give this "new" system or whatever a chance. either way the most important thing is how the game plays football to me.

# 227 Robcards @ 05/29/13 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Robcards, I have seen quite a few more excited about the change to recruiting than complaining. Posting every other post is not a way to win arguments around here. Go listen to the podcast, there was a lot more done to recruiting then your continuous ranting argues.
I did listen to the podcast, I didn't hear anything jaw dropping. Some 4 or 5 star guys won't commit until offseason, having 2 qbs visit at the same time is bad, and there will be decommits. As far as the actual recruiting is concerned, this is far from a 'new' system. And if my posts convince even 1 person not to buy this game then I have won.

# 228 patteca @ 05/29/13 04:52 PM
Is there any detail on the coordinator-to-head coach transition re: coach skills? If you build up a level 21 DC and then take a HC job, do you start over as a lvl 0/1 HC with 0 coach skills? Would you instead start as a level 21 HC and reallocate those points? Is your coordinator coach level retained if you transition back to coordinator?

How do a head coach's coordinators level up? Does a head coach assign one point each level to either ingame/recruiting "trees" and one point to either his OC/DC's "trees"? Can your coordinators take other jobs and leave you to hire a new replacement?

Coach skills seem promising for providing game mechanic representation for the narratives many dynasty players already imagine to some degree, but I hadn't seen any details on many of the above subtleties of the system. It could also be unbalanced or gimmicky, of course, but fingers crossed that's not the case. I've read a few previews and several pages of this thread, but apologies if the above has been answered already and I missed it.

# 229 PVarck31 @ 05/29/13 05:04 PM
Quote:
I did listen to the podcast, I didn't hear anything jaw dropping. Some 4 or 5 star guys won't commit until offseason, having 2 qbs visit at the same time is bad, and there will be decommits. As far as the actual recruiting is concerned, this is far from a 'new' system. And if my posts convince even 1 person not to buy this game then I have won.
You are not gonna hang around in this thread just to convince others not to buy the game. That's pretty much trolling.

If you aren't buying the game, and you don't have anything constructive to say about what would make you buy it then please do not continue to post in here, especially if your intention is to get other people not to buy the game.

# 230 moylan1234 @ 05/29/13 05:19 PM
Jersey, either you're doing this on purpose or you just don't use the feature, but that is far from the only thing they added. The text box was a huge addition, but they've also added team colors on uniform equipment and in generic stadiums, custom music for TB schools, uploading logos has been tweeked making it easier to upload clean images along with an option for the website to be able remove the background on your logo which is huge for some people, it's also faster to update your teams from the console and they've continued to add to their audio database for team nick names.

those are just off the top of my head and I know there's things I'm forgetting.

And again if they already have the best of something why should they feel the need to make any major upgrades to it? there's plenty to rip this series about Teambuilder is not it.

# 231 ranman1982 @ 05/29/13 05:22 PM
OH MY GOD MORE SCREENSHOTS! *sarcasm*

# 232 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/29/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Jersey, either you're doing this on purpose or you just don't use the feature, but that is far from the only thing they added. The text box was a huge addition, but they've also added team colors on uniform equipment and in generic stadiums, custom music for TB schools, uploading logos has been tweeked making it easier to upload clean images along with an option for the website to be able remove the background on your logo which is huge for some people, it's also faster to update your teams from the console and they've continued to add to their audio database for team nick names.

those are just off the top of my head and I know there's things I'm forgetting.

And again if they already have the best of something why should they feel the need to make any major upgrades to it? there's plenty to rip this series about Teambuilder is not it.
It could be that he is just frustrated that things that comprise the Teambuilder 2.0 list continue to be absent from TB and many things found on various TB wishlists here and elsewhere continue to be left out. They did indeed add everything you said. But I see those more as fixes than significant upgrades and add ons. Still love and will use TB, but I scratch my head that I can download over 100's of teams, but still only add 12 into dynasty. And this is coming from someone, me, who is excited to play 14.

# 233 moylan1234 @ 05/29/13 06:51 PM
Agree Ziza the 12 number sticks in my craw as well I just don't think its fair to say no updates when the feature still pawns anything 2k or Sony has come up with

# 234 movethechains11 @ 05/29/13 07:04 PM
So signing day is actually relevant? Commits cannot sign until the off season and there will be decommits?

# 235 grabursock55 @ 05/29/13 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
So signing day is actually relevant? Commits cannot sign until the off season and there will be decommits?
I think recruits can sign whenever they want. I am basing this on the "Insta-commit" perk you can unlock as an experienced coach. So I suppose you could offer a scholly in week 3, and if you are first on the recruits list, he may sign with you.

# 236 Strategizer @ 05/29/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
If I remember correctly, there will be more recruiting battles that last until signing day assuming one or more schools stays within a certain distance of the number 1 school. The offseason for recruiting will be two weeks: one where you will have a ton of points to allocate to any number of remaining recruits, and signing day, where you see where uncommitted recruits ended up. I don't think you can get decommits, but I'm not 100%.

# 237 grabursock55 @ 05/29/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
THAT'S THE MOST FRUSTRATING PART!

Seriously, it doesn't frustrate you as much as it does me that there is such an innovative and great feature out there like Team Builder and they won't take the time to add some new designs to the uniforms, allow us to choose which shoe company we want associated with our teams, and basically everything else the people have listed on their wishlists? Teambuilder has so much potential and it's gotten minimal attention.

I love teambuilder, dont get me wrong. But I think they are going by the approach that it is NCAA football, not create a custom football league (I wish it was at least an option). But using us as a small example, it would be hard to target a specific area of teambuilder to address. For example, I would like an entire league of Teambuilder teams, I dont really care much about specific makers or any of that. Where as you do want specific makers and may not care if you can put 126 (whatever) teams in the game. Also, there are a lot of people who dont give a flying yahoo about teambuilder. While a little addidional attention would have been nice, I can see why they would rather spend all their resources on improving** the core game.

**Subject to your own preferences

# 238 jello1717 @ 05/29/13 07:38 PM
Quote:
They can commit any time, but it looks like they'll commit much later than in years past. Granted this is a sample size of 1, but look at the picture below:

This dude signed 21 kids, but only 2 before week 10. In '13, he probably would've signed 16 of them before week 10.

# 239 DorianDonP @ 05/29/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
They can commit any time, but it looks like they'll commit much later than in years past. Granted this is a sample size of 1, but look at the picture below:

This dude signed 21 kids, but only 2 before week 10. In '13, he probably would've signed 16 of them before week 10.
Sigh. Its more realistic the.other way. Only having 2 verbals before week 10 is a disaster for any class. Alot of schools have 5 to 10 verbals right now.

# 240 DorianDonP @ 05/29/13 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Wait like before the season starts you mean.
What?.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.