Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

MyMaddenPad has posted details on formation audibles in Madden NFL 25.

Quote:
In real life, coaches call plays based on personnel and that’s what EA wants players to do. They want more realistic play calling and more realistic audibles being called.

While playing Madden NFL 25 in early May I dove into how this system worked first hand and it worked as expected. Each formation had their own set of audibles you can audible to within that formation. How to set up your audibles is easy too. You would go into the ‘Coaching Options’ under the ‘Customize’ tab and then you go to ‘Customize Playbooks’ which will allow you to update audibles and plays for all playbooks. From this screen you’ll be able to create a playbook or edit an already existing playbook. If you go to the audible tab you’ll see the formation in a big screen that shows you the personnel with 4 audibles for that formation on the right side. Pressing the confirm button takes you to a screen where you can replace one of the audibles with any of the plays in the formation. It’s still unclear if all the plays in that formation will be available or just the plays from that formation in that playbook.

UPDATE: Shopmaster updated the article with some more information.

Kolbe (Madden Creative Director) also chimed in with a few items of interest.

Quote:
While on the field, you CAN audible to any Formation and Set combination that shares the personnel group you have on the field.

For example - lets say you're the Cardinals, because everyone wants to be the Cardinals. You're on the field in Shotgun Bunch (11 personnel) - you complete the previous pass and no huddle. You then bring up the audible menu and you have audibles for:

Shotgun - Bunch, Y-Trips HB Wk, Normal HB Wk, Split Close, Trio
Singleback - Tight Doubles, Z-Trip

In this case, that's a total of 28 audibles at the line - Congratulations, you're Peyton Manning.

Source - Madden NFL 25 Quick Hits: Formation Audibles (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gronk4M13 @ 05/28/13 05:12 PM
I like it. Sounds like it could make calling an audible more advanced, or better overall.

# 22 Kolbe @ 05/28/13 05:14 PM
Really glad you guys are digging the new audible system! I do however, have one small(ish) correction:

While on the field, you CAN audible to any Formation and Set combination that shares the personnel group you have on the field.

For example - lets say you're the Cardinals, because everyone wants to be the Cardinals. You're on the field in Shotgun Bunch (11 personnel) - you complete the previous pass and no huddle. You then bring up the audible menu and you have audibles for:

In this case, that's a total of 28 audibles at the line - Congratulations, you're Peyton Manning.

-Kolbe

# 23 roadman @ 05/28/13 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe
Really glad you guys are digging the new audible system! I do however, have one small(ish) correction:

-Kolbe
Thanks for this great addition.

How do audibles on the defense work?

# 24 rootofalleli @ 05/28/13 05:39 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
First, thanks for posting! That sounds like a pretty involved system for audibles. It'll certainly encourage us to get to know our playbooks. The no-huddle should be really effective with this system, but hopefully in a way that's more consistent with NFL football.

# 25 Hova57 @ 05/28/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
we should at least be able to audible between formations with the same personnel groupings. like from sb 3WR 1 TE 1RB to shotgun 3WR 1TE 1RB. that's my only problem with the new system.
For years i wanted a qb option where in certain formations qb can go under center or go into shotgun postion

# 26 prime21time37 @ 05/28/13 06:27 PM
any chance qbs with low awareness will only have limited audibles to choose from or am i asking for too much too quick. either way, i love the idea.

# 27 RandyBass @ 05/28/13 06:33 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
Is that just no huddle? Or will we have access to all the different personnel based audibles coming out of the huddle as well?

# 28 LaW97 @ 05/28/13 06:44 PM
That's cool but are formation subs in the game and working properly ?

# 29 Skyboxer @ 05/28/13 07:41 PM
Hopefully one day when you change personnel from play to play you get players coming and going off the field.
The Little things....

# 30 Kolbe @ 05/28/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Is that just no huddle? Or will we have access to all the different personnel based audibles coming out of the huddle as well?
Coming out of the huddle will work the same way. Describing it as a no huddle situation gives it more flair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Will defense be following the same rules?

In other words, if I come out in nickel, will I be restricted to nickel plays, and further will I finally be able to get rid of the Cover 2 from the "formation audibles" and insert a play of my choosing, just like you are going to be able to do offensively?
Yep.

-Kolbe

# 31 Skyboxer @ 05/28/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
Coming out of the huddle will work the same way. Describing it as a no huddle situation gives it more flair

Yep.

-Kolbe
Thanks Kolbe!!

# 32 RandyBass @ 05/28/13 08:30 PM
Quote:

Yep.

-Kolbe
Thanks for the reply, after their QB play last year the Cardinals probably need as much flair as they can get.

So this basically means formation shifts are in the game, or at least a variation there of. Good stuff.

# 33 Trick13 @ 05/28/13 08:36 PM
Quote:

Yep.

-Kolbe
Thanks for the info, this is a big step I am excited to hear about. Hope to see custom packages that include special teams formations next year...

# 34 ShopMaster @ 05/28/13 09:20 PM
It looks like Kolbe already posted but I was notified today after my article released that they have changed it up a bit and making it based on personnel and not formations.

Here is what I updated my article with:

In my article below I talk about how the Audible system was in when I played it in early May and how it was explained to us in February. Shortly after the article was published I was in deep conversations with community members who liked it and some that didn't. I mentioned in my article that I felt a better system was for them to audible by personnel and not by formations and passed that information on back when I was in Orlando giving feedback. While I understand that it would stop people from audibling from 5 WR to Goaline, it would also limit the offense and keep them in the same formation. Well after writing the article and discussion with the community on my Twitter (@Shopmaster) I was contacted by EA SPORTS on some of the changes that have been made since I played it in May.

1. The audible system is now based on personnel and not formations. Meaning if you are in a Weak I formation you can audible to a Strong I formation. You can audible (shift) to any formation that contains the same personnel grouping that's currently on the field that is in your playbook. When you hit audible it will look like this above the top < Singleback - Normal >

2. You can only set audibles to plays that are already in your playbook. So you don't have access to all of the plays in that formation from other playbooks. (Another reason why I think Custom Playbooks will be a big deal this year.)

3. Also heard that you can set quick audibles in-game. I'm not quite sure how this works but I was told that while playing someone you can set any of the quick audibles for your formations without hitting the pause button. There was a way to do this on the PS2 and XBOX, forgot what version. I'm sure someone will remind me.

4. Same rules apply to the defense. No audibling from Nickel to to 4-3.

# 35 ZAN @ 05/28/13 09:38 PM
Exactly, Shop.

If I come out in Gun Doubles with the "TE Slot" package, I'm not in Posse personnel like the game is currently programmed to think. I'm in Ace personnel, and should be able to audible out to any formation that utilizes Ace or 22 personnel (since the #2 TE will go to H-back).

# 36 infemous @ 05/28/13 09:45 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
This is fantastic news.

Now only if QBs with awareness of over 85 are allowed to do that many shifts, while lower awareness QBs can only hot route, it'd make it perfect.

I still would like to see an ability to hot route without changing the route, basically telling the WR or TE or RB that there is a blitz and they are the hot read, look for the ball ASAP, not 15 yards into your route. It'd be like a little highlight feature that just announces to the receiver to be en guard... If their ratings mean they ignore it.. C'est la vie!

# 37 PSUEagle @ 05/28/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAN
Exactly, Shop.

If I come out in Gun Doubles with the "TE Slot" package, I'm not in Posse personnel like the game is currently programmed to think. I'm in Ace personnel, and should be able to audible out to any formation that utilizes Ace or 22 personnel (since the #2 TE will go to H-back).
No: by definition you'll have a WR aligned as your second TE if the H-Back moves to fullback in 22 personnel. Now if you meant to say 21, though, you would be correct.

The bigger news to me how custom playbooks function: do you still have to jump through a byzantine maze just to get a semi-functioning one? Or is it more like NCAA in terms of interface/ease of use?

# 38 ZAN @ 05/28/13 09:58 PM
Yes, 21 personnel. iPhone typing ftw!

# 39 ZAN @ 05/28/13 09:59 PM
The interface is easier this year. You'll see.

# 40 ShopMaster @ 05/28/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUEagle
No: by definition you'll have a WR aligned as your second TE if the H-Back moves to fullback in 22 personnel. Now if you meant to say 21, though, you would be correct.

The bigger news to me how custom playbooks function: do you still have to jump through a byzantine maze just to get a semi-functioning one? Or is it more like NCAA in terms of interface/ease of use?

Yes, the UI is friendlier and the important thing is you'll be able to set your audibles.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.