Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Yesterday we learned about NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode, today EA Sports has released an article focusing on Coach Skills. The next article will cover power recruiting.

Quote:
Perform well in games to earn XP, and when you secure enough XP, you’ll level up and earn a skill point. Head coaches gain XP for accomplishing a variety of goals, both in-game and over the course of a season. Head coaches can also assign the skills of their CPU coordinators, so you’ll still have full control over how your program is run.

For coordinators, the XP is tied to their unit’s on-field performance and recruiting. Offensive coordinators will earn points for gaining yards and scoring touchdowns, while defensive coordinators gain XP from shutting down the opposing offense and forcing turnovers. User-controlled coordinators will also be able to recruit, and can utilize their head coach’s recruiting bonuses for their benefit, and reap the XP benefit for signing prospects.

Source - Coach Skills Deep Dive (EA Sports)

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Swamp Swagger @ 05/31/13 04:59 PM
Out of all these what ones do you think are gonna overpowered or abused? In all seriousness you know it's gonna happen probably

So what you guys think?

# 82 freernnur5 @ 05/31/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Out of all these what ones do you think are gonna overpowered or abused? In all seriousness you know it's gonna happen probably

So what you guys think?
Having not played the game, my best guesses and reasons will be below,

Overpowered:
Big Game/Clutch - Having an entire team be on fire is just a ridiculously strong skill. The players play much better and it just really impacts the game. In fact, Big Game might be the more overpowered as starting out on fire leads to big things which would just keep the fire going. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone be able to keep 50+% of their team on fire throughout the game as it doesn't seem to go away quickly.
Coachstradamus - see the abused section
Light a Fire - This will depend on what the max version of this skill is, but my guess is its as such (Level 1: COLD -> NORMAL, COLD -> HOT, COLD -> VERY HOT). If that is the case being able to call a timeout to get all cold or below players to very hot would be a huge swing that would impact the game ala Big Game and Clutch.

Abused:
Coachstradamus - I just feel like everyone will use this to try and get the 25% guess at your opponent's next play. Will be interesting to see if this can be countered via audibleing in the same formation.
Matchup - Knowing how all your opponents players are playing (i.e. cold) will probably just lead to even more of the same play (toss sweep right against poor DEs/LBs on that side, deep bombs against poor cbs, etc).

I don't really think any of the recruiting ones would be too OP.

# 83 Iamloch @ 05/31/13 05:38 PM
Liked the article just seems like the coach skills will b way to easy to get and once u get em almost like playin nba jam-which would so wack-off topic but i wish they would make the coordinators or head coaches offensive amd defensive playbooks really specific to what they really run in ncaa and madden (which they r makin strides towards) -and ur playbook should change wheneva u make a coaching change-i kno u can change it urself but it would b more realistic if it automatically did it-just a thought

# 84 oXoTheJOKERoXo @ 05/31/13 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I'm pretty sure Jimbo Fisher knows what Nick Saban is good at. Problem is in real life there isn't a tangible thing like "clutch skill" where Nick Saban waves a magic wand and his players play better in the 4th quarter. But Jimbo knows Saban was a DB coach so his DBs will always be good, he knows what type of game manager and recruiter he is so yes i'd say coaches in real life do know what other coaches are good at and what they struggle in.

Even at the high school level as a coach I can tell what kind of coach the other coach is either based off of scouting, experience against him or what i'm seeing develop during the game. If the coach is screaming like crazy and as a result his team is playing undisciplined or something like that, then I know this coach struggles at keeping his players composed.
If ur saying the clutch feature isnt realistic the obviously you've never played football or at least have ever trailed in a game. Smart coaches use timeouts and halftimes to motivate players. And especially in the fourth quarter.

# 85 oXoTheJOKERoXo @ 05/31/13 10:15 PM
Also it would be nice to see coaches have level caps based on performance. For example everyone starts off by having a lvl cap of 7. As u progress in ir dynasty(bowl wins, consecutive winning seasons, rivalary wins, championships ect) ur able to increase your lvl cap so good coaches get rewarded and bad coaches fall behind depending on diffuculty. Example like the last four years: Saban(3 NC, 2 CC) would have earned his lvl cap would have increased from 7 to 12 in four years while lets say Miles( 3 bowl wins, 1CC) would have only increased his lvl cap from 7 to 9.... Just a thought

# 86 rodjay5 @ 12/05/13 07:57 PM
Has anyone found out whether or not u can transfer ur coach from one online dynasty to another...want to join another dynasty but dont wanna start from skill point 1 can i take my coach skills ive eared to another dynasty?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.