Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list. (Injured reserve IS STILL in the game) - Mike misunderstood the question in podcast.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 06/01/13 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Hmmm... Still not true halftime show or end of game show with true highlights and commentary breaking down the action, wow we've been asking for this for over 8 years.
It was in a few years ago, but alas, gutted out.

# 22 jmurphy31 @ 06/01/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It was in a few years ago, but alas, gutted out.
As bad as that was at least it was something. I actually would sit there and watch it each week.

# 23 roadman @ 06/01/13 11:24 AM
And now confirmed IR is in Madden 25.

# 24 jmurphy31 @ 06/01/13 11:34 AM
So I actually listened to the podcast. The commentary improvements do sound promising.

He mentions that the commentary will talk about if you struggled in the red zone last week. Or if your playing a team who has a hot streak.

Now it sounds good on paper (or audio in this case), but I have to see/hear it to believe it. Think about it, the commentary has a tough enough time having the correct audio based on the current game.

For example, a team scores a TD with a minute left to bring them within 30 and they still talk about how they can still comeback. Or after they scroed and I returned a kick off for a TD they talked about how the QB was picked off last time out.

# 25 jpdavis82 @ 06/01/13 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So I actually listened to the podcast. The commentary improvements do sound promising.

He mentions that the commentary will talk about if you struggled in the red zone last week. Or if your playing a team who has a hot streak.

Now it sounds good on paper (or audio in this case), but I have to see/hear it to believe it. Think about it, the commentary has a tough enough time having the correct audio based on the current game.

For example, a team scores a TD with a minute left to bring them within 30 and they still talk about how they can still comeback. Or after they scroed and I returned a kick off for a TD they talked about how the QB was picked off last time out.
I was just about to post how he mentioned Jim and Phil will talk about last weeks games and how a team struggled in the red zone last week and if they can be more successful today.

I'm also curious to hear who the sideline reporter is, I didn't think CBS used one anymore.

# 26 jmurphy31 @ 06/01/13 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I was just about to post how he mentioned Jim and Phil will talk about last weeks games and how a team struggled in the red zone last week and if they can be more successful today.

I'm also curious to hear who the sideline reporter is, I didn't think CBS used one anymore.
I think they have steve tasker. Remember he got snubbed by Bill Bellichick after the play-off game

# 27 Gronk4M13 @ 06/01/13 11:55 AM
[QUOTE
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.[/quote]

Bolded what I think sounds promising/am excited for.

# 28 jbd345 @ 06/01/13 11:59 AM
Well, count me as disappointed. Madden took a huge step forward with '12 and could have done so much more with this franchise this gen. I'm sorry but by this stage in this gen, how can you not have a true halftime show/post game show? I'm tired of them adding something one year and take it out the next. NCAA looks like the better game this year presentation wise. Halftime show with highlights, pregame montage, and a dynamic ticker and studio updates for 120 schools. I'm done with madden this gen. End rant.

# 29 Steve_OS @ 06/01/13 12:09 PM
Removed all IR comments, since it has been confirmed Madden NFL 25 will still have IR.

# 30 MrBill @ 06/01/13 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Removed all IR comments, since it has been confirmed Madden NFL 25 will still have IR.
Thanks Steve. I am the person with VSN that conducted the interview with Mike Young and was pushing for an answer on expanded IR capabilities like being able to free up a roster spot for your 53 man roster when putting someone on IR or the ability to PUP a player that is injured but will return during the season.

Appreciate your helping to get the word out on the discussion with Mike!

# 31 roadman @ 06/01/13 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
Thanks Steve. I am the person with VSN that conducted the interview with Mike Young and was pushing for an answer on expanded IR capabilities like being able to free up a roster spot for your 53 man roster when putting someone on IR or the ability to PUP a player that is injured but will return during the season.

Appreciate your helping to get the word out on the discussion with Mike!
Mr. Bill, I listened to the podcast and thank you for firing off the questions. I did notice Mike mention something about enhanced CPU playcalling.

Would you be able to ask Mike offline about the CPU calling timeouts at 1:01 at the end of the halfs,(if it's still in there) and running most of the time on 1st and 2nd downs, and last, but not least, when CPU is trailing by 3 pts or more and running out the clock in both halfs?

Thanks.

# 32 Aggies7 @ 06/01/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
If the new sideline reporter is not one of the lovely female reporters then my vote of hope goes to Tony Siragusa....
I don't know if they could do that with the CBS broadcast crew already doing commentary. I would assume they will stick with someone CBS uses. But I agree would be cool to hear him.

# 33 MrBill @ 06/01/13 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Mr. Bill, I listened to the podcast and thank you for firing off the questions. I did notice Mike mention something about enhanced CPU playcalling.

Would you be able to ask Mike offline about the CPU calling timeouts at 1:01 at the end of the halfs,(if it's still in there) and running most of the time on 1st and 2nd downs, and last, but not least, when CPU is trailing by 3 pts or more and running out the clock in both halfs?

Thanks.
I do have some follow up questions for Mike that I am submitting via email and I will add that specific one to the list. I'll be sending it over to him on Monday afternoon.

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 06/01/13 01:00 PM
Quote:
I do have some follow up questions for Mike that I am submitting via email and I will add that specific one to the list. I'll be sending it over to him on Monday afternoon.
Cool look forward to his response. Can you ask if there's anything new in the pregame, post game, and halftime presentation? I think you did a great job getting all the questions asked, especially mine, but I don't think that one got asked yesterday.

# 35 jmurphy31 @ 06/01/13 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cool look forward to his response. Can you ask if there's anything new in the pregame, post game, and halftime presentation? I think you did a great job getting all the questions asked, especially mine, but I don't think that one got asked yesterday.
I second asking about halftime, post game, etc. Though I highly doubt any of that was added this year --especially not a weekly wrap up show.

I would also like to know about the CPU play calling

# 36 reddogmaddogbul @ 06/01/13 01:25 PM
Quote:

Will you post the list here on Operation Sports?Im curious about finding out if defensive alignment will make it into M25.

# 37 therizing02 @ 06/01/13 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I second asking about halftime, post game, etc. Though I highly doubt any of that was added this year --especially not a weekly wrap up show.

I would also like to know about the CPU play calling
+1 on the CPU play calling. These devs have managed to dodge this one so far. Sideline reporter? Overrated. As much I love Erin Andrews what did that addition do to enhance the NCAA series? Repetitive commentary. Same with Doris Burke in NBA2K. Stale and overrated feature.

NFL Sunday is an event. Most of us lock down and watch our team for 3-4 hours every week, but throughout the entire day we are immersed into the entire league as a whole. A lot of us like to watch games at local sports bars. Why? So we can see what's going on everywhere at the same time. We know what the scores are in every game all day long as well who is having a great day individually and who isn't. We know who is a game time decision and who is out. We get injury updates all day. Unfortunately, in Madden when I'm playing a franchise game I feel like I'm on an island. In NCAA I feel like it's "College Football Saturday". Sure the update commentary can be repetitive, but at least I know what's going on around the country. I hate finishing up my game and having to go into the "more" tab to get info on other games. Another small thing that I find irritating is that if I have a 4pm game on Sunday and I play the game and then back out and go to the schedule, neither the Thursday or any of the early games have been played. Silly. There is just a complete DISCONNECT from the rest of the league. Sideline reporters and instant replay cameras DO NOT add an immersion factor and I wish the devs would cease with the lip service and give some real answers about the direction this game is headed because the track record of ripping features and adding them later clearly shows a lack of direction and planning.

Also, what's the big secret? Mike Young mentioned several times in the podcast that he couldn't reveal certain things. OK, I get it from a marketing standpoint, but seriously you have no competition! I also love that he mentioned that he was getting some "tough questions" and then later he was somewhat surprised that he didn't get many questions about Run Free. Well Mike, that's what a lot of these sites have been doing for years. Not asking tough questions and putting the devs on the spot but rather lobbing softballs in to allow you guys to swing for the fences and feature dump.

Hopefully Bill's email questions get answered, but it's much easier to dance around questions in an email....if they respond before 8/27.

I'd also like to get answers on the following:

What has been done to improve the CPU Play calling and clock management within the last two minutes of the game? Site examples like the 1:01 timeouts, the CPU calling a time out with :35 seconds left on their own 25 and then running two straight dive plays and running out the clock(happens A LOT).

How come Mass substitutions aren't in the game? They were before.

Explain how EVERY slider effects game play. (My guess is they have absolutely NO clue)

What was wrong with RB fatigue last year? Going with the "if it's in the NFL...." nonsense, the devs should know that it's a passing league and most teams are using two backs. This absolutely needs to be fixed. I would rather have this fixed than face scans.

I'm off the soap box...

# 38 tfctillidie @ 06/01/13 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Go to 12:35. He asked whether the IR would return from Madden 12, making me think he didn't see it in Madden 13?

Trying to get clarification before anyone goes off the deep end.
This confuses me. In M13, I've had no issue putting someone on IR to free up a roster spot. So what exactly isn't there then? PUP?

# 39 MrBill @ 06/01/13 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
This confuses me. In M13, I've had no issue putting someone on IR to free up a roster spot. So what exactly isn't there then? PUP?
How many spots are you running in your CCM? I think the confusion might be over leagues that keep rosters at the 53 man NFL limit and Madden 13 let you have more than that (57 maybe?). So you might be able to free up a roster spot on the Madden 13 limit but show 54 players on your team for leagues that make owners adhere to the NFL limit.

# 40 tfctillidie @ 06/01/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
How many spots are you running in your CCM? I think the confusion might be over leagues that keep rosters at the 53 man NFL limit and Madden 13 let you have more than that (57 maybe?). So you might be able to free up a roster spot on the Madden 13 limit but show 54 players on your team for leagues that make owners adhere to the NFL limit.

M13 doesn't let you have more than 53 players, M12 (old franchise mode) did. If you put someone on IR, they don't count towards your limit anymore, and then you can add a 54th and so on.

I still don't understand the "issue". This is how it works in real life?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.