Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

VSN has posted a new podcast with Madden NFL 25 Creative Director, Michael Young. There are quite a few interesting presentation nuggets included, some of which we have listed below.
  • The Presentation playbook went away this year, but that doesn't mean the team hasn't been working hard on it.
  • Year 2 with Nance and Simms adds more depth in commentary, especially in career mode, more details on that at a later date.
  • Replays feel more human, varied and specific to the types of plays. Using real cameras, from the real locations in the stadiums (framing, timing, etc.)
  • New animated tickers, banners, feels more like a broadcast.
  • Added more team chants, first down and stadium sounds, since they went to many stadiums with Jim and Phil and grabbed live recordings.
  • More authentic tracks from various stadiums. Redone referee audio.
  • If you move your team, commentators will talk about that.
  • New sideline reporter has been added, will talk about that later.
  • Adam Schefter is still in the virtual news feed, breaking story lines, but he has also been added to the draft commentary.
  • When the draft is running, Trey Wingo is the host and Adam talks about the outlook and expectations of the player.
  • Brand new branching story lines for 30 draft classes and Adam made them sound authentic. Adam has been signed for a couple of years.
  • Can't place players on the PUP list. (Injured reserve IS STILL in the game) - Mike misunderstood the question in podcast.
  • Owners can't bid for Super Bowl hosting.
  • Overhauled Connected Franchise website, much more functional with tutorials.
  • Commissioner tools haven't been locked down, so they couldn't announce any of them.
  • Facial scans were made for most of last year's rookie class (roughly 20 didn't get in) All starting QB's and some QB's that could see some time.
  • Also ran facial scans for coaches, in total close to 100 facial scans made it in.
  • Players get scanned if they are available at events (for example the Pro Bowl) some simply don't want to. Basically EA gets what they can, when they can. It's not as easy as people may think it is.
  • They have tweaked the Zoom camera, didn't mention any other cameras.
  • The rumors are FALSE. There is no PC version of Madden NFL 25.
  • Head coaches, head trainers, head scouts and owners will be featured in story lines, not coordinators.
Remember, these were just some of the nuggets, make sure you listen to the entire podcast here.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpdavis82 @ 06/02/13 07:36 AM
Mike also said in this podcast that they did ride-alongs with CBS and recorded stadium audio in New England of the muskets firing and a game in Pittsburgh, as well as some other games, said there will be a lot of cool stadium sounds and classic rock anthems in the game this year.

# 62 jpdavis82 @ 06/02/13 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well I finally listened to the interview and kudos to Mr Bill on doing an OUTSTANDING job asking substantive questions, not some softball fluff. Can't say enough about that sir, it may seem like a small thing to some but after listening and reading so many "interviews" with Madden workers over the years, it was very refreshing to have someone cut through all the politicking, to ask real questions.

As for the things Mike Young stated, I seem to have pretty much nailed it in my first post ITT, before even hearing the actual interview. When the Creative Director of Madden seems to think mass subs is "some tricked out new thing", there is an obvious disconnect.

That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles.
Mike young deserves more respect than that, he has hooked up the Madden franchise with unprecedented access to CBS and NFL films.

# 63 ch46647 @ 06/02/13 05:07 PM
It should be glaringly obvious to everyone that EA has drastically shifted focus to next-gen development. Whether that come to fruition or not, Madden 25 on PS3/XBOX 360 has gotten very minimal upgrades. Also, the hype train that EA typically gets going for Madden/NCAA is literally non-existent this year.

Bring on Next-Gen, and June 10th cant get here fast enough.

# 64 jpdavis82 @ 06/02/13 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
It should be glaringly obvious to everyone that EA has drastically shifted focus to next-gen development. Whether that come to fruition or not, Madden 25 on PS3/XBOX 360 has gotten very minimal upgrades. Also, the hype train that EA typically gets going for Madden/NCAA is literally non-existent this year.

Madden 25 will be a bigger improvement than any madden on current gen, you're way off based about their focus on current gen.

# 65 oneamongthefence @ 06/02/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Madden 25 will be a bigger improvement than any madden on current gen, you're way off based about their focus on current gen.
True. Last gen the best Madden was 06. The same year Madden made the leap to xbox360. The history shows that Madden generally gets a good sendoff before changing consoles.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

# 66 jpdavis82 @ 06/02/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
True. Last gen the best Madden was 06. The same year Madden made the leap to xbox360. The history shows that Madden generally gets a good sendoff before changing consoles.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I think it has more to do with who's making the game now, I have 99.9% confidence in the Madden franchise with the new team because they are sim minded and also determining the direction of the game not the execs anymore.

# 67 MrBill @ 06/02/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Well I finally listened to the interview and kudos to Mr Bill on doing an OUTSTANDING job asking substantive questions, not some softball fluff. Can't say enough about that sir, it may seem like a small thing to some but after listening and reading so many "interviews" with Madden workers over the years, it was very refreshing to have someone cut through all the politicking, to ask real questions.

As for the things Mike Young stated, I seem to have pretty much nailed it in my first post ITT, before even hearing the actual interview. When the Creative Director of Madden seems to think mass subs is "some tricked out new thing", there is an obvious disconnect.

That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles.
I appreciate the kudos on the interview, the primary reason I wanted to begin this type of podcast and interview exchange with EA was to ask the tough questions in a respectable manner. That's because I have nothing but respect for the hard work that the current team does to try and improve the game each year....so I have to disagree with your latter part of your comments. I think that Mike Young and Josh Looman are doing an outstanding job in "righting the ship" with regards to the Madden franchise.

We as gamers are always going to want more and there has to be a common ground between what we want and what can be realistically delivered given the confines of time and resources available to the developers. Given the huge strides the team under Mike and Josh made with Connected Franchise being coded from the ground up, I am optimistic about the upcoming release.

# 68 jpdavis82 @ 06/02/13 08:05 PM
Quote:
I don't want to take your reply the wrong way or out of context, so could you please explain to me what you mean by "Mike young deserves more respect than that" ? More respect than what exactly, from my post?
This

"That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles."

# 69 CT Pitbull @ 06/02/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
If nothing else, people should pay attention to the current gen version from madden 13 and now on because it is being used as building blocks for the future. The fundamental gameplay improvements and dedication to becoming more authentic to the NFL now are encouraging signs for the transition to next gen.
there is one word I kind of disagree with here and that is "transition". from what I have heard they have been working on this next gen madden for 2 years now. I would hope that the next gen version of madden 25 is on point by now. I better not here that "transition" word used as an excuse for features or critical oversights of core football characteristics missing from the product. No excuses this time around

# 70 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 12:54 AM
Quote:
So that quote is disrespectful according to you? lol. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion but I don't see where I supposedly disrespected the man in that quote. He (Young) has been CD for at least 2 years now and I don't like the things that still seem to be confirmed missing. I am not talking about major overhauls like the OL/DL, WR/DB interactions, etc but small details like mass subs, injuries, etc. I like some of Youngs' ideas, DPP being among my favs but just because I'm not satisfied with the creativity behind the game overall and prefer to focus on what Kolbe can accomplish on better consoles, isn't anything personal against Mr Young. C'mon JP, you are better than that.

Also, before you potentially go off into your spiel about your confidence in Tiburon at this point, no need, that's your opinion but I have my own, sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't but that's the beauty of being different people. Just because every improvement Tiburon makes to Madden doesn't equate to the game being solid enough for me, doesn't mean I have anything personal against the people that make it or don't think they work hard (Mr Bill), it simply means the game is not solid enough FOR ME. lol
For current gen people's expectations have been too high based on what the devs were being told to do by the execs. That issue seems to be at least for m25, a thing of the past. I'm trying not to overly praise the game, just wish the OS crowd would be a little less pessimistic about a game they have yet to play. We shouldn't overly praise or criticize the game until we have some time hands on with it, is my point. Some people won't like it and some will, just have to play it to find that out.

# 71 roadman @ 06/03/13 01:00 AM
Big;

Understand what you are saying, but I'm not rushing out to buy a new system right away.

We just don't have disposable income at the moment, it is what it is.

If people do, that's great.

Ah, to be single again.lol

# 72 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 01:18 AM
The sad reality is the current devs are trying to undo 7 years of mistakes where important features were added then removed. You can't fix 7 years of mistakes in 1 or even 2 years. The most encouraging sign IF it continues, is the end of removing features that were in previous games. I think it's obvious if this team took over in 2005 we would be in much better shape right now. If current gen m25 isn't for you don't buy the game, if it is for you, but it and encourage the devs in a constructive manner about what you would like to see added, fixed, tuned next year.

Back to the topic of the OP. I for one think the Presentation improvements sound great and am looking forward to seeing them in some e3 vids but most of all during some hands on time with m25 in August. I don't understand all the negative regarding the presentation info, it sounds like they're adding more to presentation this year than they did in the last three years combined.

# 73 Kramer5150 @ 06/03/13 03:29 AM
Quote:
For current gen people's expectations have been too high based on what the devs were being told to do by the execs. That issue seems to be at least for m25, a thing of the past. I'm trying not to overly praise the game, just wish the OS crowd would be a little less pessimistic about a game they have yet to play. We shouldn't overly praise or criticize the game until we have some time hands on with it, is my point. Some people won't like it and some will, just have to play it to find that out.
Take out the line about it being "M25".....and you have the EXACT same thing that's been said over and over and over again.

Talk is cheap,it's time to "walk the walk".....there is VERY good reason why folks are "pessimistic" about Madden every year...we've heard all the "fancy" talk about "this or that" being in the game..how "such and such" has been added to have the game being the "authentic" experience that we crave.

Then what happens?? well,I think you know (or should know).

Look dude,we get it...you being overly optimistic is something that has been shown by the abundance of threads you start,and your comments in various threads.

Oh and you're not "praising" the game? really?....in every thread I've read you're either praising what the game will be this year,or your praising the devs.

So for you to say folks are being "pessimistic"....we've all heard the talk...it's time to "walk the walk".

*edit*
if I came off sounding harsh,I apologize for that....but we've all heard the same "apology" talk and excuses for years now,and quite frankly?....it's beyond old.

# 74 ch46647 @ 06/03/13 08:53 AM
Quote:
The sad reality is the current devs are trying to undo 7 years of mistakes where important features were added then removed. You can't fix 7 years of mistakes in 1 or even 2 years. The most encouraging sign IF it continues, is the end of removing features that were in previous games. I think it's obvious if this team took over in 2005 we would be in much better shape right now. If current gen m25 isn't for you don't buy the game, if it is for you, but it and encourage the devs in a constructive manner about what you would like to see added, fixed, tuned next year.

Back to the topic of the OP. I for one think the Presentation improvements sound great and am looking forward to seeing them in some e3 vids but most of all during some hands on time with m25 in August. I don't understand all the negative regarding the presentation info, it sounds like they're adding more to presentation this year than they did in the last three years combined.
JP, I appreciate your optimism, and I share that positive outlook on this new development team.

However, I am not optimistic on any remaining games on THIS generation of consoles. It has nothing to do with the developers, I simply believe this engine is just to broken to make Madden a solid game. I believe they have done the best they can do over the last 2-3 years, but you can only do so much on broken code, and a disaster of an engine.

I think there is not doubt that EA feels that way as well, and that is why they have shifted a ton of focus onto the next-generation engine. It is time to start fresh and build a great new engine, so that Football gaming on this new generation is a win/win for everyone.

# 75 willithome @ 06/03/13 09:49 AM
Yeah I have felt we heard a lot of this before. Last year they were saying how GREAT of a NFL presentation experience we were gonna have and it was still pretty awful. I am sure they added a few things but I will have to see it to believe how great it's gonna be. I am very skeptical.

# 76 infemous @ 06/03/13 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Exactly. At times, I had to run out of bounds or let the CPU tackle me so my defensive guy wouldnt win player of the game.

And what's your favorite team?
Yeah I've done that a couple of times, I only house it with 'a playmaker' like a roaming FS or Janoris Jenkins. If a DT picks up a fumble and can run with it I will dive at the one or nip out of bounds.

I'm a Rams fan. Its more of a rivalry for us, I think 49er fans have more of an issue with the Seahawks lol but the balance is shifting and we're getting more respect. I hate both the 9ers and the Seahawks tho lol Cardinals are ok..

# 77 jbd345 @ 06/03/13 11:00 AM
If you look back at Madden '05 on last gen, the game pretty much looked and stayed the same since current gen consoles came out. Honestly how long do you think it will be for next gen before they stop supporting this gen, maybe three or five years at the most? At that point your just paying $65 for a roster update. If history repeats itself I think this year will be the last we see anything "new" added to the game, and after that everything will just be a port with the only difference being rosters, schedules etc... Next week will be interesting.

# 78 SageInfinite @ 06/03/13 11:18 AM
So it's been confirmed that Kolbe is the main man for next gen?

# 79 LorenzoDC @ 06/03/13 11:25 AM
Quote:

I've been beginning to suspect this, but I'm not as sure as you. But they have needed to do a lot of prep for nextgen. They did double the size of the dev team when this new crew came in, and they must have done it to prepare for nextgen.

From a business point of view, any innovative stuff they do on current gen is lost if they can't scale it to nextgen. Anything new they do has to be forward compatible and scalable to Ignite, a big investment they made for not just football but other sports games. The database structure for Ignite is probably quite different from current gen, so I think the overall strategy is this:

1. Put out a credible, meaningful improvement on current gen to improve over last year's game. Run Free seems like small ball to me but they clearly wanted it to be better received than it was when announced.
  2. Don't go overboard marketing next gen too early because it could dampen sales in August for current gen. Tease enough next gen at e3 to get people curious but don't let the current gen people think that making a current gen purchase will be a waste or just a roster update.
  3. Maximize sales in August/September in current gen.
  4. After that, pivot to talking about deeper improvements and at least one more major feature/improvement for next gen, to entice people to make the investment in the next gen hardware for the holiday season. Next gen technology will really need/want a few popular brand games to help boost holiday hardware sales and probably Madden figures highly in that mix. Expect joint promotions from EA with Sony and Microsoft come Thanksgiving.
The Madden team has the unique situation this year of putting out two new but related products in one year. They can't do both to the ultimate level but their future will ride on next gen M25, no on current gen's last release. So I would expect them to tease but hide some info about next gen until the first month of current gen sales are done.

Hopefully the hardware will be reliable when it first comes out. I'm always suspicious of Microsoft especially when it rolls out any new operating system or device (the Surface tablet has been a bad release for a lot of reasons).

I'm taking a very wait and see approach this year.

# 80 jpdavis82 @ 06/03/13 12:18 PM
Quote:

Very minimal upgrades?

Improved physics, run free,footplanting, contextual awareness on both offense and defense, improved pursuit angles, improved hitstick, a complete overhaul in the running game, improved blocking technique and logic, improved o/d line interactions, improved commentary, owner mode, a sideline reporter, added Adam Schefter for draft storylines, live recordings of stadium sounds, Madden Share, All-25 Team, gave everyone back fantasy draft on and offline, 32 team control, import draft class, there's more too, so do you want me to go on or have I proven my point yet???????

This is the MOST improvement in one year on the 360/PS3 and you call it minimal lol. Unbelievable, I'm looking forward to how everyone will be talking about Madden 25 current gen once they see the gameplay videos next week. Most people definitely won't be talking about how they shifted focus to next gen after that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.