Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

Check out the new features for Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, including a few new screenshots. The game will only be released for PS3, 360, PC and PSP. There are no plans to bring Pro Evolution 2014 to Xbox One or PS4, according to PES European Community Manager, Adam Bhatti.

Quote:
Based on six founding standards, the new system has allowed every aspect of PES 2014 to be totally reworked, throwing off the shackles of previous limitations and allowing the PES Productions team to produce a game much closer to their vision of recreating the excitement and variety of a top-level match. The central theme of fluidity is based on the constant moving of players and switching positions which characterises the modern approach to football. PES Productions have looked at how matches ebb and flow, with player individuality key to a team's success, and well-drilled tactics helping underdogs produce giant-killing feats.

Press Release - PES 2014: The Dawn of a New Era

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 screenshot gallery - Click to view Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 screenshot gallery - Click to view Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yeats @ 06/04/13 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Check out the new features for Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, including a few new screenshots.
In all honesty, those screenshots look awful. Players' skin and faces look like mannequins and their body proportions are all off -- necks and arms are too long, heads are too small. At this point with this next-generation of video games we should be seeing something close to photo-realism. Konami has so far to go to catch up to EA at this point, you would think at the very least they would have done everything possible to blow football gamers away with PES 2014's graphics.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 06/04/13 10:38 AM
Updated OP. The game isn't coming to Next-Gen consoles.

# 3 Yeats @ 06/04/13 10:52 AM
TrueBall Tech: For the first time in a football simulation, PES 2014 centres everything on the ball: how it moves, and how players use it.

Not true at all. PES has long been playing catchup to FIFA in that regard. PES for years has had limp, floaty and unrealistic ball physics. If they can even just copy what EA has been able to do, they'll have accomplished something.

Thus, the player has total control in determining how their body is angled to receive a pass, whereas previous football titles present the user with scant options. Instead, TrueBall Tech means that it can be chested or nodded past an opponent, flicked into space or to a team mate, while closer dribbling control is a much more personal attribute in the new game.

This sounds revolutionary, definitely.

The PES series has long since treated the ball as an individual entity.

Again, so not true. PES' magnet-footed players is one of the biggest programming issues with the series. They've never really fixed or advanced it in two generations now -- in fact it was less of an issue two gens ago. Really hope all this is more than just a bunch of Konami marketing spin. But given their last few releases and how disingenuous they're being here, I don't have a lot of faith.

# 4 Yeats @ 06/04/13 11:26 AM
Heart: Defining what makes football so engrossing is difficult. It isn't a technical thing, but more an emotional hook. Matches can be imposing for visiting teams, as home support barracks the opposition, and acts as the infamous "twelfth man" by cheering their side on. PES 2014's "Heart" aims to recreate the effects of team support, both on an individual player basis and across the entire team.

Each player in the game now employs mental attributes in addition to playing styles and skills, and can be adversely affected when having a poor game. However, if an individual is not playing well, his team mates can rally round and will work to support him.

In other words, the evolution and next-generation of AI cheat technology, ugh. Why does every sports game dev these days put this nonsense in their games? At the very least, include the option to shut it off.

# 5 Yeats @ 06/04/13 11:32 AM
Motion Animation Stability System (M.A.S.S.): M.A.S.S. acts instantly to any situation, with the reaction of a fouled player entirely dependent on the direction and force with which they are tackled.

They design and develop "M.A.S.S." when all they had to do was spend an hour tweaking a few player ratings. Half the issues with both this game and FIFA is that every player is rated 70+ in most rating categories. So ratings like strength and balance mean nothing and have no in-game effect.

# 6 GlennN @ 06/04/13 11:39 AM
PSP? Yikes, a PSP version and no Vita version? What does that tell us about how the Vita is viewed in the industry?

# 7 Qb @ 06/04/13 11:50 AM
I skipped PES for the first time in several years (although I'm sure it was better than 10-11-12). Hopefully, 2014 gives me a reason to put it back on my Christmas list. At least Konami is usually generous with their demos, so I'll have plenty to go on...

# 8 Yeats @ 06/04/13 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
At least Konami is usually generous with their demos, so I'll have plenty to go on...
The way the demo is uber-modded by the Evo-Web folks, no need to buy the game!

# 9 TigerUp @ 06/04/13 02:40 PM
So excited for this game. Really hoping shoulder challenges have made it in.

# 10 believeinnow @ 06/04/13 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
PSP? Yikes, a PSP version and no Vita version? What does that tell us about how the Vita is viewed in the industry?
I agree. It's understandable that last year's game might not have been able to make it on the console, but a full year after launch and no PES for Vita is a bad thing. What really irks me is that Sony, who is a major sponsor of the Champions League, isn't pushing PES to release their game on the system. With both the UCL and AFCCL in PES 2014, it only makes logical sense to have the game on Vita.

It would be nice if the soccer guy at OS contact both Sony and Konami to find out why no Vita version is in the works.

# 11 dubcity @ 06/04/13 06:59 PM
I'm somewhat optimistic about PES 2014. I'm more interested in the idea of Team ID and having team tactics actually mean something. PES 2013 got a lot of undeserved credit for being superior to FIFA when it comes to how teams play, realistic defense and tactics. Maybe this year they will actually live up to some of that praise.

I want midfield battles, CPU teams playing possession, and a game where it actually makes sense to cross or lob the ball into crowded areas regularly. You know, like in real life. In PES 13 (and FIFA, for that matter) the risk/reward for that style of play just isn't realistic. Passing is too easy, and playing a tiki-taka style with every single team works too well. If I play against Barcelona on Superstar, I should get like 40-45% possession at most. Instead of Iniesta and Messi play quick counter every single time they get the ball.

Every year I get so sick of hearing from EA and Konami about improvements to the attacking side; how there are more ways to get around defenders in 1-on-1 situations, touch moves, shifting body weight to blast by defenders, etc etc. I just want a game where I can play 30+ halves and have somewhat realistic results.

# 12 ZoneBlitz @ 06/04/13 08:00 PM
No Xbox One, no purchase for me. I am moving to next gen and will not hold on to my Xbox 360 for that. This is a terrible move. Sure, in the short term it might make some sense, but this is a terrible decision. I will end up having to play FIFA. If FIFA gets its act together and actually has realistic team play, then I am going to keep playing that game.

Oh well, I was so excited too.

# 13 bwiggy33 @ 06/04/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
No Xbox One, no purchase for me. I am moving to next gen and will not hold on to my Xbox 360 for that. This is a terrible move. Sure, in the short term it might make some sense, but this is a terrible decision. I will end up having to play FIFA. If FIFA gets its act together and actually has realistic team play, then I am going to keep playing that game.

Why is this such a terrible move, other than just the fact that you won't be able to purchase the game? There will be way more people that still own 360's and PS3's than XBOX One's and PS4's when they release. If you hurry a product just to release one you can do more harm than good. What if PES 14 on the new consoles ended up being a complete and utter disaster. If someone decides to give PES a try and it's bad they probably won't come back because they don't have that EASPORTS and FIFA brand name. With FIFA most of the time people will come back regardless, especially the casuals. PES doesn't have that luxury with casual soccer gamers. I'm sure Konami did pretty extensive research to see if releasing the game would make sense.

As for the game it sounds pretty intriguing. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I like the concept of "Heart", but only if it's not going to turn the CPU into some super power. If it actually affects the game realistically like how The Show has their CPU adapt and what not, this could be a great addition. These are the types of additions to a game that either A) become annoying and ruin a game or B) can make the replay value of the game sky rocket if implemented correctly. All I want is a new game each time. One where the AI adapts and plays according to who the players are on the field. As people have said, if you're playing Barcelona you want to see them control the ball 60% or so of the game. Neither PES or FIFA have succeeded in this area, at least that I can remember.

# 14 HiTEqMETHOD @ 06/05/13 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz

The decision making sense in the short term is the only thing that matters. Sports games are released every year, that's as short term as it gets. Konami focuses on making the last current gen PES the best they can then they have a year to devote their attention to the new consoles.

There will be way more people with 360's and PS3's anyway, not everyone can afford to or even wants to buy a next gen console at launch. Why try and sell a half *** next gen port when the smart thing to do is just wait until there is a larger number of consumers who own the systems *cough Madden 06*? This won't hurt Konami at all, if anything it puts them in a position to dive into the next gen systems with a more defined focus.

# 15 LingeringRegime @ 06/05/13 05:38 PM
I am saddened by this. I was looking forward to playing pes on ps4.

# 16 dubcity @ 06/05/13 06:32 PM
I'm fine with no next-gen for PES. I'm actually really glad, to be honest. I'd rather they put all of their effort into the 360/PS3 game. I mean, FIFA already has the built in excuse for their current-gen FIFA 14 to be only a slight upgrade from FIFA 13 this year. I'd rather pay 60 bucks for a game that is getting the full attention of its developer.

# 17 MrOctober430 @ 06/05/13 11:31 PM
I'm loving the crowd pics. I wish FIFA did that more. Having smoke flares and crowd supporters.

# 18 Yeats @ 06/07/13 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
This has to be the toughest sport to replicate
Players running back and forth, back and forth for 90 minutes... American football with 100's of plays and routes, and complex offensive and defensive strategies, would be many times more difficult to program I would guess.

# 19 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/12/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Players running back and forth, back and forth for 90 minutes... American football with 100's of plays and routes, and complex offensive and defensive strategies, would be many times more difficult to program I would guess.
You obviously don't have a clue about football.

# 20 Yeats @ 06/12/13 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
You obviously don't have a clue about football.
Internet macho-guy response on a sports chat site, who da thunk it?!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.