Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

NBA Live 14 is being met with careful skepticism from all who approach it. Gamers and critics alike are looking upon EA's upcoming NBA title with increased caution after several years of what amount to broken promises and unmet expectations.

GamesIndustry recently sat down with with members of the NBA Live 14 team to discuss the upcoming game, which is coming to next-gen consoles exclusively.

Comparing NBA Live to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Executive Producer Sean O'Brien said, "You can look down the road in a couple years and say, 'I could see them as a team that's going to be in contention."

O'Brien worked on EA's NBA Live and March Madness franchises for a decade before he left EA after NBA Live 10. EA Sports President Andrew Wilson approached O'Brien about rejoining the team, O'Brien said he did so only because there appeared to be a serious commitment to making a great basketball game again.

The focus for the NBA Live series going forward will be to establish a foothold on the new generation of consoles using the Ignite Engine rather than try to compete on over-the-hill last gen hardware where the NBA 2K series has obviously won.

You can read the full article on GamesIndustry.biz. We are expecting to hear more about NBA Live 14 next week at E3.

What do you think about the decision to bring O'Brien back to the NBA Live series? Do you have any faith a good product will be delivered at launch on the Xbox One and PS4?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ajknowsit @ 06/06/13 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I love nba 2k but I want and hope live makes a significant return. Better games are usually made when competition is involved. That being said the look of the cg trailer and the stiff movements make me shake my head a little. It almost looks like an anime version of a nba video game.hopefully it's not a real representation of the final product. I'd be a little shocked if it's playable at e3 but I definitely think it'll be demoed.
What part looked stiff to you? I downloaded the clip put it into a video editor, slowed it down and the movement was better than anything we have today.

The only part that looked bad was the scoop shot, and that's because the guy that did the edit on the video did some pause and pan out that made it look worse than it was, but the rest of it looked fine. The cross over looked really good.

# 22 noshun @ 06/06/13 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
What part looked stiff to you? I downloaded the clip put it into a video editor, slowed it down and the movement was better than anything we have today.

The only part that looked bad was the scoop shot, and that's because the guy that did the edit on the video did some pause and pan out that made it look worse than it was, but the rest of it looked fine. The cross over looked really good.
that's not helping when viewed at normal speed... youre adding variables.. such as slowing down til it looks good for you.

# 23 Ajknowsit @ 06/06/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
that's not helping when viewed at normal speed... youre adding variables.. such as slowing down til it looks good for you.
No slowing it down will bring out all the problems, clipping, sliding, warping and the little awkward movements, not the case with this clip.

# 24 Nexgenrulz @ 06/06/13 10:05 PM
So let me get this straight. They couldn't make a game (a good one at least) on the current generation of consoles that have been around for 7+ years, but they're going to release one on a brand new system and expect it to compete with 2K? Ummmm, ok.

# 25 Ajknowsit @ 06/06/13 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
So let me get this straight. They couldn't make a game (a good one at least) on the current generation of consoles that have been around for 7+ years, but they're going to release one on a brand new system and expect it to compete with 2K? Ummmm, ok.
Let's hope so... I like having to make a tough choice of which game to get, and no I never get both.

# 26 Ward13 @ 06/06/13 10:53 PM
Guess I'll wait an purchase a ps4 after some uploads surface of both 2k14 and live. I'm not buying anymore 2k games on the current systems I just don't see them getting any better than 13.

# 27 AirJordanFan93 @ 06/06/13 11:11 PM
Not a big deal to me. I have no intention to upgrade consoles anytime soon and NBA Live will not be a factor for me gaming wise.

# 28 balljonesjr @ 06/07/13 12:03 AM
There's no way that's the real player mods

# 29 crques @ 06/07/13 09:12 AM
Why do EA basketball games have such horribly plain looking player models and such bland, pale colors?

# 30 mrclutch @ 06/07/13 01:28 PM
Shame it's not going to be on 360. I loved NBA Live 10 but with EA dropping the ball it has turned me into a hardcore 2k fan boy. I doubt I could ever go back.

# 31 seasprite @ 06/07/13 01:33 PM
Glad there're getting back into the game.................competition breeds innovation

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.