Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just announced LeBron James as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14.

They have also released details for the LeBron James Bonus Pack for anyone that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

According to Kotaku, there will not be a Wii U version this year. Xbox One and PS4 versions will launch when the consoles arrive later this year. Owen Good also mentions the current and next-gen games will be uniquely different experiences that harness the power of the platforms.

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has noted the following in his article.

Quote:
The current-generation versions, at least, will feature a new mode called Path to Greatness, which will feature cover athlete LeBron James.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Daxeem @ 06/06/13 10:02 PM
You have to preorder to get LeBron James' signature skill? That's LAME. That should already be in the game.

# 62 jersez @ 06/06/13 10:03 PM
About time the best player in the league gets on 2k, and I'll personally would love to see 2k bring him back like shaq and Allen Iverson.

# 63 ccoaxum @ 06/06/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Rebranded myCareer. Most likely combining Create a Legend and MyCareer.
kinda like that jordan mode they had in the past....except its Lebron

# 64 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 06/06/13 10:05 PM
Since 2k14 will be a launce title for the new consoles, I think I may just wait a couple months after the game comes out and get it on the ps4.

# 65 Eman5805 @ 06/06/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
"There is some overlap, of course, in the core gameplay. But both current generation and next generation will be uniquely distinct experiences."

Source: http://kotaku.com/a-pair-of-kings-nb...-cov-511776954
My guess is the next gen one will have far, far fewer gameplay features and polish because it doesn't have a full dedicated team working on it.

But at the very least, I hope it isn't just an engine port, cuz I wanna see some variable body types ou'chea.

# 66 ccoaxum @ 06/06/13 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renewill27
That's dope but is Jordan still in the game?
number one question

# 67 The__Answ3r_i3 @ 06/06/13 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Nothing a good ole custom cover won't fix from the guys at OS. WILL NOT have that guy on my cover.
u still on that? lol get over it.

# 68 Ajknowsit @ 06/06/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
My guess is the next gen one will have far, far fewer gameplay features and polish because it doesn't have a full dedicated team working on it.

But at the very least, I hope it isn't just an engine port, cuz I wanna see some variable body types ou'chea.
How do you know this,it could have been in their background for years.

# 69 Melbournelad @ 06/06/13 10:27 PM
So this is the big reveal? No one cares about a cover, how about showing us improvments 2k.

# 70 Gstate_510 @ 06/06/13 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
Let the complaining begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It already started lol

# 71 23 @ 06/06/13 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
So this is the big reveal? No one cares about a cover, how about showing us improvments 2k.
Dude please dont start trolling because Ill ban you outright.

Nobody has shown anything at all yet, the game comes out in October.

Its a cover thread, discuss that or leave.

# 72 kjjnesb @ 06/06/13 10:29 PM
Quote:

2K did a pretty good job with the move from PS2/XBOX to PS3/360 iirc.

Maybe they'll take the approach EA is with Madden 25. Seems like their gameplay team already moved to next gen while the Career mode of the game is mostly getting the juice.

# 73 coolcras7 @ 06/06/13 10:29 PM
Quote:
We are in June, were you expecting to see the finished product in June, really.

# 74 raiderphantom @ 06/06/13 10:30 PM
They need to at least put a cap on purchasable vc

# 75 MavsManiac4Life @ 06/06/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Its June, if you were expecting news on gameplay or game modes, then you must be new to the 2K news system. Not trying to offend you, its just I feel people shouldn't expect news like this, especially at this time when news about the game is just starting.

# 76 Ward13 @ 06/06/13 10:31 PM
Just seeing VC turns me off smh

# 77 coolcras7 @ 06/06/13 10:34 PM
Quote:

With Live 14 being only available on next gen, 2k would be have to really off their game not to put all their efforts into producing something sold for the PS4 and Xbox1

# 78 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/06/13 10:45 PM
I wonder what kind of signature skill they're talking about. What skill would be exclusive to him?

# 79 turty11 @ 06/06/13 10:46 PM
what is this "lebron james signature skill"?

are they just going to make one that has the effect of all of them?

# 80 _-King-_ @ 06/06/13 10:49 PM
I won't be buying this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.