Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just announced LeBron James as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14.

They have also released details for the LeBron James Bonus Pack for anyone that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

According to Kotaku, there will not be a Wii U version this year. Xbox One and PS4 versions will launch when the consoles arrive later this year. Owen Good also mentions the current and next-gen games will be uniquely different experiences that harness the power of the platforms.

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has noted the following in his article.

Quote:
The current-generation versions, at least, will feature a new mode called Path to Greatness, which will feature cover athlete LeBron James.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Melbournelad @ 06/07/13 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
We are in June, were you expecting to see the finished product in June, really.
Lol clearly you have completely misunderstood my point. All I'm saying is instead of introducing who was on the cover, which doesn't matter at all, they could have used that 30 second commercial to show a trailer of an early build of 2k14.

# 122 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/07/13 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWu
I hate this preorder bull****! I never preorder a game because I can get it by my local dealer much earlier.
Not quite understanding what you're complaining about...

# 123 Goffs @ 06/07/13 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Not quite understanding what you're complaining about...
I know what he's saying...it sucks if you have connections in getting the game early and you won't be able to reap the preorder bonuses since you're not exactly preordering the game....you get the game early BUT you miss out on the stuff THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GAME ALREADY...

# 124 JerzeyReign @ 06/07/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I know what he's saying...it sucks if you have connections in getting the game early and you won't be able to reap the preorder bonuses since you're not exactly preordering the game....you get the game early BUT you miss out on the stuff THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GAME ALREADY...
So you should be rewarded for technically illegally obtaining the game early?

That's how I read all of this and it doesn't make sense.

# 125 nddot @ 06/07/13 08:16 AM
So wait...people are seriously considering not buying this game because Lebron is on the cover?

you people are taking b****achness to a new level wow.

# 126 jarod43 @ 06/07/13 08:32 AM
About damn time, Lebron is on the cover of a basketball video game, what was with the long wait!?!??!

# 127 Gramps91 @ 06/07/13 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
So wait...people are seriously considering not buying this game because Lebron is on the cover?

you people are taking b****achness to a new level wow.

Yea I agree. I'm the most anti-LeBron person I know and I still plan on getting the game. It's only a cover.

# 128 Goffs @ 06/07/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
So you should be rewarded for technically illegally obtaining the game early?

That's how I read all of this and it doesn't make sense.
No but this preorder incentive should be in the game already....guns, shorts, whatever...they take away something only to turn it into preorder dlc crap...you mean to tell me that LBJ signature skill is now a preorder? yeah ****ing right dude....

personally don't care about this preorder **** if I can get it early I'm jumpin on it...

# 129 WaddupCouzin @ 06/07/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Would be cool if this Path to Greatness mode starts with a St. Vincent-St. Mary's version of LeBron.
I was thinking the same thing.

# 130 cgalligan @ 06/07/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
No but this preorder incentive should be in the game already....guns, shorts, whatever...they take away something only to turn it into preorder dlc crap...you mean to tell me that LBJ signature skill is now a preorder? yeah ****ing right dude....

personally don't care about this preorder **** if I can get it early I'm jumpin on it...
Its called marketing... Every company does it... Just wait till Madden or NCAA come out and there are 5 different pre-order perks from 5 different retailers...

# 131 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/07/13 09:35 AM
Oh good. Just what we all needed. More LeBron James. *thickest sarcasm possible*

# 132 da ThRONe @ 06/07/13 09:52 AM
I hope this virtual currency nonsense doesn't ruin MyCareer mode this year like it did with the last one. As a person that plays that mode only if they haven't do some special to it I may pass on 2K this year.

# 133 m-dogg @ 06/07/13 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I hope this virtual currency nonsense doesn't ruin MyCareer mode this year like it did with the last one. As a person that plays that mode only if they haven't do some special to it I may pass on 2K this year.
if they have not finally added sliders to MyCareer, I may have to pass...I can't take the standard rigid unbalanced unrealistic gameplay one more year....

# 134 VDusen04 @ 06/07/13 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Lol clearly you have completely misunderstood my point. All I'm saying is instead of introducing who was on the cover, which doesn't matter at all, they could have used that 30 second commercial to show a trailer of an early build of 2k14.
I would guess 2K's decided it's not great business to show footage right now because it still too closely resembles the game's previous iteration. It's a funny spot in the cycle (four months out) where, based upon past sneak peaks, one can look closely and see alterations but enough things haven't been implemented that most come away saying, "Great, so they're making NBA 2K13.5."

# 135 jersez @ 06/07/13 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
First the architecture is suppose to be familiar and easier to work with. Second how have you made your mind up on the Ps4 and Xbox1.
Oh, I made my mind up when I saw killzone lol, no it was after the xbox one conference, I'm just not a fan of kinect. I'll buy a xbox one later when the price goes down. I'm not a fanboy of either console so my decision doesn't have anything to do with brand loyalty.

# 136 kmiree16 @ 06/07/13 10:17 AM
VC is coming back? 8-/

I'm tired of signing 3 year/3,000 VC contracts in MyCareer. It just doesn't feel right.

# 137 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 10:23 AM
So I'm sure I'll be seeing the same people complaining about LeBron being on the cover, proclaiming how great this game is once they see a gameplay trailer as usual. Don't worry I'll wait...............

# 138 JODYE @ 06/07/13 10:57 AM
"LeBron James Signature Skill"

Great, so you can cheese with him even harder than you could before.

# 139 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/07/13 11:04 AM
Quote:

It's call marketing. Preorders create urgency and prevents people from waiting until the price drop. In your case, it makes you buy the game when your suppose. Don't feel sorry for you...

# 140 zimmtron @ 06/07/13 11:10 AM
Wait so you guys think that if you don't pre order then this "lebron signature skill" won't be in your game? I'm pretty sure you'll just have to unlock it...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.