Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has just announced LeBron James as the cover athlete for NBA 2K14.

They have also released details for the LeBron James Bonus Pack for anyone that pre-orders for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

According to Kotaku, there will not be a Wii U version this year. Xbox One and PS4 versions will launch when the consoles arrive later this year. Owen Good also mentions the current and next-gen games will be uniquely different experiences that harness the power of the platforms.

Polygon's Samit Sarkar has noted the following in his article.

Quote:
The current-generation versions, at least, will feature a new mode called Path to Greatness, which will feature cover athlete LeBron James.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/07/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
Wait so you guys think that if you don't pre order then this "lebron signature skill" won't be in your game? I'm pretty sure you'll just have to unlock it...
That's been the current trend of late with most games. Most preorder bonuses are never reintroduced at DLC at a later date.

# 142 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/07/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
So I'm sure I'll be seeing the same people complaining about LeBron being on the cover, proclaiming how great this game is once they see a gameplay trailer as usual. Don't worry I'll wait...............

Complaining about the cover athlete is not the same as complaining about the game. Personally, I'm not a fan of Lebron in any shape or form. I respect his game per se, but he's too whiny for me. For me, I could care less about the cover athlete, but I could genuinely see myself flipping the cover so I don't have to look at him.

# 143 Magnus1959 @ 06/07/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
Goes it come w/ a flop pack?
That's Lebron's signature skill.

# 144 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Complaining about the cover athlete is not the same as complaining about the game. Personally, I'm not a fan of Lebron in any shape or form. I respect his game per se, but he's too whiny for me. For me, I could care less about the cover athlete, but I could genuinely see myself flipping the cover so I don't have to look at him.
Is it that bad for Pacers fans? My goodness you guys shouldn't be able to look at Kobe then

# 145 Goffs @ 06/07/13 12:23 PM
Quote:
Don't feel sorry for you...
I wasn't asking for you to feel sorry for me....again I don't give a **** about preorder incentives if people want to get the fluff that's fine since later on they will offer it again as DLC or free through Sprite or something and I know about marketing...sweet jeezus this place sucks whenever 2k announces stuff...

# 146 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/07/13 12:27 PM
Quote:
Is it that bad for Pacers fans? My goodness you guys shouldn't be able to look at Kobe then
Learn to read. I PERSONALLY don't like him as a player. It has nothing to do with me being a Pacers fan. My first comment was a joke, since the Heat has just eliminated the Pacers.

# 147 Nox_Caelum @ 06/07/13 12:43 PM
Hopefully they've re-structured VC, added slider to MyCareer, improved the Shoe Creator, and touched up Association mode.

# 148 Nox_Caelum @ 06/07/13 12:44 PM
Hopefully they've re-structured VC, added slider to MyCareer, improved the Shoe Creator, and touched up Association mode. Oh, and you know, gameplay.

# 149 sreckless @ 06/07/13 12:51 PM
Better cover I guess than a guy who decided he didn't even want to play in the league this year and a guy who had more commercials than rebounds in his last playoff series.

# 150 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 01:03 PM
Quote:
Learn to read. I PERSONALLY don't like him as a player. It has nothing to do with me being a Pacers fan. My first comment was a joke, since the Heat has just eliminated the Pacers.
Ugh. Flipping the cover was what I was referencing. Please keep you emotions out of a discussion.

# 151 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
good lets just hope jay-z doesn't come back to executively screw another soundtrack
As long as that gold trim is gone and we have an actual NBA TV or TNT looking halftime show.

# 152 DWades House @ 06/07/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
good lets just hope jay-z doesn't come back to executively screw another soundtrack
This was the best soundtrack ever. What do you listen to ?

# 153 JasonMartin @ 06/07/13 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWades House
Lol best ever? To each his own of course but these were all washed up old songs from 1-10 years ago which everyone already knew and was sick of hearing for the 100th time.

A soundtrack for a sports game should present NEW and slightly 'underground'/upcoming songs. Like 2K11 did.

# 154 grlacher @ 06/07/13 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
When they got Jordan for the cover NBA 2K11 had to be good. Couldnt flop and it didnt. Still considered the best sports title ever by many. They got Lebron now so once again this game cannot flop. They cant drop the ball with him on the cover. HOWEVER knowing EA was bringing their game back im sure they threw tons of dollars at Lebron to do this. And yes they likely knew Live 14 was coming out long before us.
really it can't flop he does it all the time.

# 155 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 02:18 PM
Quote:
The soundtrack was nothing but hot garbage besides Nas. Way to much pop rap for my tastes

# 156 DWades House @ 06/07/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
The soundtrack was nothing but hot garbage besides Nas. Way to much pop rap for my tastes
Wow ! I was actually expecting you to say it was to hardcore wtf lmao.

What was pop about it ? Mobb Deep ? Biggie, Kanye, Jay ?

# 157 mango_prom @ 06/07/13 02:49 PM
Quote:
As long as that gold trim is gone and we have an actual NBA TV or TNT looking halftime show.
I remember the player introductions way back in the first versions on Dreamcast. No stupid rap videos with camera angles changing 10 times per second...the announcer was actually half-a**ing the guests before hyping up the home team. Players were interacting with each other, it really made this feel like a basketball game.

And you're spot on about halftime shows. They could show more highlight packages of maybe the best 3 players on each team. But we don't even have bug free replays on PC, so I don't expect much. NFL2k5 was amazing presentation wise, don't know why they didn't try to do it like that in other franchises, too.

# 158 Po0hd1n1 @ 06/07/13 02:52 PM
its about time he deserves it

that cover is wack tho i hope thats not official....looks like a bad fan made version

# 159 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/07/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Wow. Really? It was AWFUL.

# 160 RocketTMac1 @ 06/07/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
I remember the player introductions way back in the first versions on Dreamcast. No stupid rap videos with camera angles changing 10 times per second...the announcer was actually half-a**ing the guests before hyping up the home team. Players were interacting with each other, it really made this feel like a basketball game.

And you're spot on about halftime shows. They could show more highlight packages of maybe the best 3 players on each team. But we don't even have bug free replays on PC, so I don't expect much. NFL2k5 was amazing presentation wise, don't know why they didn't try to do it like that in other franchises, too.
Plus I would love to have the halftime show consistently show me how games are going. Like if I'm in control of every team and already played a Bobcats vs Raptors game and the next game is the T'Wolves vs Pelicans I should see what is going on in the Bobcats game or the final score. Instead we get nothing but what is on dock as if nothing happened already.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.