Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA showed off a very limited NBA Live 14 trailer during their E3 press conference featuring Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The content within the NBA Live segment tends to indicate that EA is still focusing on the dribbling system it began to implement in NBA Elite, the since-cancelled NBA Title from EA. The technology is called bounceTek, but the jury is still out on how impressive it truly will be. It's likely we won't see much from NBA Live until we get much closer to release, as EA is likely wanting to keep much of the game under wraps to prevent any further PR fiascoes like the past several years.

If you can't view the video above, check it out on YouTube.

CONTROL THE COURT THIS FALL IN NBA LIVE 14

EA SPORTS unveiled today the first look at NBA LIVE 14 at the company’s E3 press conference, ushering in the future of basketball for the next generation. Exclusively for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, NBA LIVE 14 will launch this fall.

Powered by the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver the ultimate on-the-court control. Utilizing its new BounceTek technology, NBA LIVE 14 will introduce a revolutionary new, physics-based dribbling system. Whether it’s Ricky Rubio’s crossover or Kyrie Irving’s devastating between the legs dribble, one-on-one matchups take on a whole new meaning by putting the creativity and control at the core of every move.

By utilizing the same data used by all 30 NBA teams, more than 70 unique statistics and tendencies will fuel every single player on the court. From the way they move, to the way they play, to the decisions they make, NBA LIVE player will evolve throughout the season with updates from every NBA game within one hour of a game’s final buzzer. Gamers will now have a new experience every time they pick-up the controller.

Stay tuned throughout the summer for more information as NBA LIVE 14 makes its return to the court.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigeastbumrush @ 06/10/13 05:43 PM
They did all of this already.

When Elite was first supposed to come out, they showed big men trying to dribble and then losing the ball.

And they tried to sell us on "the ball is live" nonsense.

They're just trying to set this up to drop their sizzle trailers and market the game.

This is eerily reminiscent of when Live 07 was coming out.

# 22 swaggedout @ 06/10/13 05:45 PM
Why did the trailer switch from gameplay to CGI?

# 23 noshun @ 06/10/13 05:47 PM
Let me clarify, what I mean by goofy for some.. DeAndre Jordan doesn't look bigger than Irving, like in real life, here he looks more lankier/goofy.

Its like they stretched the players heightwise..

agree with you 23 about the buzzwords, and dribble moves... I just don't get EA's focus here. Its regurgitation, of sorts. Gameplay and how they plan on fixing it should've been priority to quell those that have been keen on those issues...

# 24 23 @ 06/10/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Never said they didn't.

And yes, people WILL bash it because it is EA. Thing was shown and 15 seconds later, people coming in posting how ****ty it looked. Come on man. This anti-EA thing is nothing new.
..and what im saying is, EA has alot of ill will out there that they have created that they have to work on taming.

CGI trailers and more fancy marketing words for dribbling the ball is not the way to do it. It might not be something you or I agree with, but thats the reality of their situation.

# 25 NikeBlitz @ 06/10/13 05:53 PM
Animations look good ... but CGI all over the place what's the point ...

# 26 swaggedout @ 06/10/13 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmaEnthusiast
there wasn't gameplay at any point during the presentation

and yep same marketing schemes as past years

At least we can look forward to what 2k looks like on next gen and mlb the show
I hear, but at the beginning of the trailer, the game looks one way then clearly changes. St the end, it changes back. Look at it again.

# 27 Stereo Dice @ 06/10/13 06:02 PM
This game has to be good, since NBA Live 10 they have lost plenty of ground to the NBA 2K series.

# 28 CMH @ 06/10/13 06:09 PM
Add some muscle to these guys and I'm okay with the player models.

Outside of that, I don't know what else I can judge. Face mapping? Yeah, Kyrie looks like Kyrie, but DeAndre Jordan is hard to accept when he looks 100 pound lighter than he is in real life.

I did like the striking difference between height during the jump shot. But again, these guys need some muscle.

# 29 MarvellousOne @ 06/10/13 06:13 PM
It honestly didn't look bad as far as graphics go, the models fill out a little better than that ignite trailer they used. I will keep an eye out, but EA has to bring there A game there is no more room for failure for this series. Gameplay EA....Gameplay!!

# 30 mlp111 @ 06/10/13 06:18 PM
the height difference looked really good, DeAndre Jordan looks his appropriate height size, but is still to slim... but other than that... what can I say.. still no gameplay being show, so cgi means nothing to me, need some gameplay

# 31 celticsfan @ 06/10/13 06:32 PM
As previously stated, these wont be the true graphics that we will see during gameplay.

I'm obsessed with 2k, but putting that aside, what many basketball fans will do is assess both games come release time and choose what they feel is the best. I'm not going to slate EA and brag about 2k, because what's the point?

We are going into a new era of gaming, a fresh slate for EA, and an expansion of 2K great system they have in place. Lets just wait and see who comes out on top.

# 32 youvalss @ 06/10/13 06:41 PM
If the trailer itself was the product, then they did a great job, in my opinion. I really liked it!

But it doesn't say much about the game, since it's hard to say what it will look like. Trailers are trailers, and games are games.

Gameplay videos will tell the real story.

Spoiler

# 33 BiggD @ 06/10/13 06:45 PM
EA sports face a up hill battle BUT if those type of interactions and defence/offence mechanics are real game assets then I'm a little bit more excited......ok a lot, the player bodies look off but I've always been a game play first guy.. It's left me wanting more

# 34 HowDareI @ 06/10/13 06:47 PM
Honestly at this point, NOTHING will make me buy Live over 2K.

The only thing that could make me purchase Live is if they have Crew in it and 2K doesn't, or they really bring something to the table to prove to me (as a former fan of the franchise) that they can still make a viable basketball game.

Let's be honest, the models STILL look terrible. I understand as a basketball player myself that lots of players are tall and lanky...but everyone doesn't look like Gumby lol. Deandre Jordan is like 250 lbs right? He shouldn't be as skinny as Kyrie.

If the graphics actually look like that in-game than that's pretty impressive, but as a whole it kind of takes a hit if every player looks like that.

# 35 Gramps91 @ 06/10/13 06:50 PM
The graphics look pretty great in this trailer. Will keep my eye on it. However, at this point I don't know when I'll be able to afford a PS4.

# 36 DonWuan @ 06/10/13 07:15 PM
Truthfully as long as its not anything similar to Elite and somewhat based off of Live 10, its a day 1 buy for me. Im a 2k fan like everyone else, but i need a break from 2k. Im growing tired of the legacy issues.

I threw in live 10 the other day and as a basketball game fan, I can really apprieciate what that game did right.

Live 14 to me is a breath of fresh air. I dont play online and mainly play association. Ive been playing the same broken one for years now and dont see that changing anytime soon.

I dont mind the graphics and the models. EA gets spacing correct and that important to me to have a sim type experience.

I think the trailer was okay. Gameplay would have been nice though.

# 37 Phreezy P @ 06/10/13 07:30 PM

This is the whole EA reveal including the New dribbling system.

# 38 Hassan Darkside @ 06/10/13 07:55 PM
I think the player models still need some work. I feel like they were actually better in NBA Live 10, though the detail in Live 14 looks good. The torsos look a little thin to me. Also I can't make any other judgments until real gameplay footage comes out, but the animations looked like how they should've looked on current gen.

# 39 Kashanova @ 06/10/13 07:59 PM
looks like cgi to me, I'll wait till I see actual gameplay before giving a true opinion on it. Bouncetek does sound good. Hopefully it's not a gimmick

# 40 NMHD @ 06/10/13 08:07 PM
I'm all on board, they had me sold at the hourly stat updates. Ill be preordering both Live14 and 2K14. Just not sure which console yet. I don't quite understand the hate. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Everything looked good besides the player models being a bit skinny.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.