Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

(View 8 new Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen screenshots, right here.)

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) has officially announced Madden NFL 25 will be coming as a launch title for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Madden NFL 25, powered by the new EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, ushers in the next generation of sports games by delivering the smartest, most realistic, most detailed version of the game in the franchise’s 25 year history.

“We’ve never been more ready for a console transition than we are right now,” said Cam Weber, General Manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. “The development team is crafting the most impressive Madden NFL game we’ve ever made, and I’m extremely excited for fans to get their hands on it for themselves when the Xbox One and PS4 launch.”

Coupled with this announcement is the introduction of Adrian Peterson as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings running back, is a five-time Pro Bowler and the reigning NFL MVP. Last season Peterson came within 9 yards of breaking the NFL single-season rushing record set by Eric Dickerson.

Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 brings innovative new features such as True Step Locomotion, Player Sense, the War in the Trenches and more to create an experience that can only be found on next-generation consoles. Here’s an overview of what fans can expect in the most technologically advanced game in the franchise’s 25 year history:

10x the Detail

Next Definition Visuals
  • Madden NFL has never looked so real. See every nuance of a player’s face, equipment, and clothing as the line blurs between the players in the game and their real-life counterparts. Up to 4x the texture resolution breathes new life into stadiums, crowds, the field, and even the ball itself. Combined with high-fidelity animations that deliver the smoothest, most authentic looking player interactions ever, Madden NFL 25 delivers Next Definition visuals.
2x the Control

Every Step Is Calculated
  • The all-new True Step player motion system calculates every step, delivering unprecedented control. Players now have the ability to foot-plant, cut, and shift momentum in an authentic way, unlocking the agility and explosiveness of the NFL athlete. EA SPORTS IGNITE run-time physics calculate at twice the rate allowing for the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history. Combined with the precision modifier’s vast combination of ball carrier moves, Madden NFL has never felt this good.
Players Think

Brains & Brawn
  • All-new Player Sense unlocks the human element in Madden NFL. For the first time, players scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness. The ability to make up to 50x as many contextual decisions brings intelligent ball-carriers and defenders to life, as they sense obstacles and react on the fly. Ball-carriers leap over fallen players, blitzing linebackers slide past teammates on their way to the QB and so much more, combining the physical aspects of football with the mental.
War in the Trenches
  • Offensive and defensive line play is at the heart of football, and now it’s the foundation of Madden NFL 25. Lineman are more than just physical, they are intelligent. Coupled with the ability to make 4x more decisions per second, 300 new blocking interactions create the most realistic running lanes for the ball-carrier and passing pockets for the QB. Offensive lineman will dynamically sort and shift assignments based on threats and angles, starting with intelligently identifying the center of the defense, the “Mike” linebacker. The defensive side of the ball features over 3x more new defensive line moves, as well as the latest blitz packages. Authentic double teams, blitz pick-ups, and line shifts showcase units working together as one, highlighting the most physical and intense battles in the NFL. Welcome to the War in the Trenches.
The Game is Alive

Madden Living World
  • The NFL is so much more than just what happens between the lines. It’s the crowds, sidelines, and commentary that truly bring the emotion of Sunday to life. In Madden NFL 25, feel the anxiety of the crowd as you step up to the line on 4th and goal. Watch your teammates and coaches erupt with excitement as you blaze down the sideline for a game-changing score. Hear the most intelligent commentary in franchise history, as Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and our new sideline reporter Danielle Bellini follow everything about your career. From injuries to accolades they’ll bring your career to life like never before.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 06/10/13 07:39 PM

# 22 DeuceDouglas @ 06/10/13 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
That at best is wishful thinking...At best that is the look of a peel off from a double team, but at no point in the video is there a show of a true double team...Having a player in a position as if he is double teaming is not good enough...
Do you not see 75 reach out his arm and engage with Smith before disengaging to take on Bowman? That's a bit more than being 'in position'. The fact that he does something rather than just standing there in a blocking stance like we see in current-gen is somewhat telling. Double team blocking doesn't have to be limited to the two lineman having all four of their hands on one guy.

# 23 KANE699 @ 06/10/13 07:45 PM
Quote:
That at best is wishful thinking...At best that is the look of a peel off from a double team, but at no point in the video is there a show of a true double team...Having a player in a position as if he is double teaming is not good enough...
If you watch the gif he just transfers the defender to the other lineman so he can pickup the oncoming blitzer, there is not an actual double team.

# 24 LBzrule @ 06/10/13 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Yep, and still no double team pass blocking or any mention of WR/DB interaction.
The combo pass blocking was in the trailer.

# 25 DeuceDouglas @ 06/10/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Perfect example of seeing what you want to see....I'll wait for true game play where I can see blocking from snap to end of play...

If you want to determine there is double team pass block based on that "one arm" reaching out, and further justify that it is the best we have seen and better than the guy "just standing there," that is fine; I will wait for better video...
You asked for an example of a double team pass block. I provided an example where the lineman clearly puts his arm out to help with the block. However subtle it may be, for however long it lasted, it is a 2 on 1 block and thus, a double team. Just because it doesn't meet your criteria of a what a double team pass block is doesn't change that. But then again maybe it does since we're all just seeing what we want to see.

# 26 LBzrule @ 06/10/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
If you watch the gif he just transfers the defender to the other lineman so he can pickup the oncoming blitzer, there is not an actual double team.
They don't need to do a strict double team. Combo is what you really want and that's what they showed. 2k8 was actually more combo than double team. I can see a double if it is a 3 man rush but outside of that you really don't want a strict double.

# 27 RGiles36 @ 06/10/13 08:00 PM
More processing power and still no love for the mouthpiece, huh?

Spoiler

As I continue beating the drum for details...

# 28 infemous @ 06/10/13 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36

Spoiler

He looks like he has a gold grill in tho...

# 29 bxgoods @ 06/10/13 08:08 PM
I just needa know of it will have all modes included. Especially ultimate team and connected careers.

# 30 kjjnesb @ 06/10/13 08:10 PM
Yes it would be great if they can clarify that Connected Franchise made the jump to next gen. Based on the last part about the commentators covering your career I would assume so.

# 31 RGiles36 @ 06/10/13 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
He looks like he has a gold grill in tho...
Oh yeah, no doubt!

Would just like to see mouthpieces back in the game as an accessory since so many players wear 'em.

# 32 infemous @ 06/10/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Bro.... I have been in mass agreement with you for the last few months and I appreciate you keeping EA and us honest... but really?

That is a double team pass block.

They're showing off how the OL recognises a blitzer and moves to stop him. At the beginning he engages the DL with the other OL and then adjusts to the blitzer.

If the blitzer wasn't there, it isn't too much to consider that he would stick to that assignment and block him.

Please, you're making yourself sound like you're LOOKING for something to complain about.

Sure, be sceptical, you have every right to, but you saying that is 'editing' or 'spin' is pretty weak.

We DO still have to see if it has an affect, if the ratings work, how the WRs and DBs interact, etc. etc.

but as it stands, there is a double team pass block... something that was not in current gen Madden.

Considering this is EA, we will still have to look forward to further advancements in next years game etc. etc.

# 33 Sheen_O_Mack @ 06/10/13 08:40 PM
http://youtu.be/iC0XDCj5rkc

Blitz pick up

The Texans Right Guard passes off the defender to the center in a similar fashion to the madden video then picks up the blitzer.

**Posted before I was finished

Although its a very basic example of a potential double team block, but the fact the lineman uses one arm to touch the defender is an improvement, then the fact that he left that move to pick up the blitzer should be exciting for most people here.

# 34 Demoncrom @ 06/10/13 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
True but.....Dan and Peter from 2K5 had nothing to do with football either but they were light years better than anything on Madden....ever. It's all about the execution and delivery...not who the reporters or announcers are.
Those guys where hired actors and they had the best play by play relationship in a gamer ever - they flowed like Madden and Summerall in real life and the actual spoke about the game even throwing around actual stats - 2Ks engine was so advanced and that was for the regular Xbox. But to that point - 2k5 had better line blocking and already knew that a rbs that hits the line should get skinny, push off and find the gap. Great to see EA just figured this out a little less than a decade after the fact.

Players running into and interacting with the line - yeah been there and done that. Running should be fun and my control skills should be as importing and the runners stats -every tackle and spin should not be pre-calculated. If they dont figure out how to make it fun and and stop cheating with the Defense jumping routes that they are not looking at - or not back stepping into zone before they attack the run if they are zone - just stupid stuff like that - should be dont with by the point

# 35 Demoncrom @ 06/10/13 08:45 PM
Quote:

Spoiler

you would think with the NFLs attitude about concussions that they will tell EA that mouth pieces reduce concussions and are mandatory - in fact this year I think all pads including hip and thigh are required in the league- 2K would make sure they got that level of accuracy - but i digress.

# 36 cgalligan @ 06/10/13 08:47 PM
Some of these responses are laughable... What are we honestly going to "know" about a couple quick seconds of actual gameplay footage? answer, nothing whatsoever...

In fact, in those quick little 2 second blips of gameplay, I saw numerous canned animations and typical madden BS that we've been dealing with since PS3 launched...

When are people going to realize, no matter what EA "says" they are going to THE GAME ENGINE IS STILL FLAWED AT ITS FOUNDATION!... Nothing, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING they "plug in" or "fix" at this point is going to change how the game plays... Your still going to see morphing and canned animations and glitches and money plays and on and on and on...

This year we're working on the trenches... Next year we're working on WR / DB interaction... Next year we're working on Pass trajectories... blah blah blah...

HEY EA... HOW ABOUT YOU FOCUS ON FOOTBALL... These videos, and the excitement that ensues afterwards make me smh... Haven't you people learned anything over the last 10 years???

# 37 infemous @ 06/10/13 08:49 PM
Quote:
Oh yeah, no doubt!

Would just like to see mouthpieces back in the game as an accessory since so many players wear 'em.
Yeah for sure, I would hope so too!

# 38 KANE699 @ 06/10/13 08:59 PM
Quote:

Spoiler

I really don't want to talk about this anymore

# 39 KANE699 @ 06/10/13 09:01 PM
Quote:
The Seahawks helmet bumper, i believe it is called, should have "RIDDLE" in navy blue, not red....Seahawks uniforms are navy as well, their helmet is matte navy with the glossy center stripe with teh native american symbols from north west heritage..
What's worse is that since Lynch wears an Air XP helmet, the front bumper should have a Seahawks logo definitely not a RIDDELL logo.

# 40 Aggies7 @ 06/10/13 09:44 PM
Everything sounds good. Was really hoping to hear information about a legit halftime and weekly recap show being added.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.