Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released their Next-Gen NBA 2K14 trailer during the Sony E3 2013 Press Conference this evening.

The 'NBA 2K14 – Next Gen Reveal' segment featured NBA 2K14 cover athlete LeBron James discussing life as "Video Game James" with a digital version of himself, while showing off some of his on the court moves in NBA 2K14. All of the footage was NOT pre-rendered and shown from a pre-alpha PS4 build.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 WTF @ 06/11/13 08:55 AM
Well played 2k. Was thinking about getting out of gaming period, but you seemed to reel me back in. PS4.

# 202 Vni @ 06/11/13 09:10 AM
Do we know for how long they had the next gen hardware and for how long they would have been working on it come december?

# 203 daveberg @ 06/11/13 09:12 AM
Looks amazing. But it can look amazing all it wishes, if there's no MJ and legends, I'm not giving them my money.

# 204 TeeDogg @ 06/11/13 09:36 AM
Loved the running animations after the steal (Kobe)

# 205 justcallmedaddy @ 06/11/13 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
True. It comes down to personal taste. For me, graphics have been good enough to feel "immersed" since 2k/Live 10. And if 2k14 turns out to be yet another rich man's NBA Jam spin dunk fest, I couldn't care less how realistic Lebron's hairline is. I'd argue that while EA's player models really need some fine tuning regarding arms/shoulders, 2k13 had the same issues with too bulky players. So I'd say it's much too early to make a prediction. Both games are probably going to look just fine, so let's wait how they play.
What we can take from all this, is one company isn't afraid to show gameplay, and another company is only showing CGI.

Usually when NBA Live is quiet it's not a good thing.

People are excited because they actually have something about the game to go on, we can't say the same about Live.

# 206 ksuttonjr76 @ 06/11/13 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RleWorm
and how about the fact that the xbox one u can't play used games?
For the record, that decision was left up to the publisher. After the Sony press conference, there's no reason to believe that you won't be able to play used games. What you meant to say is that you can't play loaned games.

# 207 P21J @ 06/11/13 09:58 AM
One little thing that may have been missed in all the flash of the trailer was how great the players hands looked. I know, it sounds weird, but they looked...natural almost. That, in combination of the fluidity of the player movement and the crazy-accurate facial animations, I just can't see myself purchasing this game for current gen. I definitely have to make the leap to next gen...the only question for myself now is when.

# 208 Eman5805 @ 06/11/13 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
A few more.
A pity. The net physics look the same, which is to say...like the net is made of twine instead of nylon, but whatever. Only real "complaint" I have so far.

Also see some of the same cloth physics on the legs where they sometimes do this weird jumble up, clipping through itself thing.

# 209 Mintsa @ 06/11/13 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Well played 2k. Was thinking about getting out of gaming period, but you seemed to reel me back in. PS4.
You going PS4 ?

# 210 Vni @ 06/11/13 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
You going PS4 ?
PS4 is less expensive and has better component than the Xbox. You can also buy used games and don't have to own an online connection.

I don't really know what Microsoft is doing with this gen. They're not really catering to gamers, it seems like to me.

If I was to buy one it would def be the PS4 this time around.

# 211 Jakeness23 @ 06/11/13 10:38 AM
I am pumped, it looked fantastic! Only negative was after that one dunk when LeBron yelled. Looked like one of them things in Legion, but besides that it looks almost perfect.

# 212 stianaak @ 06/11/13 10:40 AM
We have seen only seconds of both NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14, but I got to say that it seems like 2K is miles beyond what EA is doing. Kyrie Irving looked like a stick figure, LeBron actually looked like LeBron. The dunks we saw was powerful as well, and I hope that they have some kind of system in place that makes almost every dunk seem different, in terms of the speed you're going at and what angle you're driving from, etc. That's one of the boring parts of the 2K13 game, that the dunks are more or less the same each time you throw down.

Having said that, I'm very optimistic towards 2K14, I believe it will be hands down the best basketball game we've ever seen.

# 213 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/11/13 10:40 AM
Lakers Stadium Lights were dim?

# 214 PPerfect_CJ @ 06/11/13 10:45 AM
Preordered my PS4 last night as soon as I got the email that it was available. Will I get 2K14 for it? Yes. Yes I will. Looks FANTASTIC!

# 215 Rebel_INS @ 06/11/13 11:06 AM
As a 1st look, that was simply remarkable. I'm already super hyped 4 2K15...when they're even more used 2 the next gen hardware. Can't wait 2 see where this new technology takes us...

# 216 DWades House @ 06/11/13 11:08 AM

# 217 infemous @ 06/11/13 11:12 AM
I've never owned a Basketball game before, nor do I even understand the sport, but I am excited for NBA 2K14 on next gen.

I will be looking to get into the sport during the finals and learn more about it so that I can enjoy NBA 2k and even ball a bit myself in the real world.

If anyone can point me to some places where I can learn about the sport please do. I have little to no clue about it (based in the UK so its not common knowledge at all).

Also, I believe that besides gameplay, the career mode is the most important thing in a sports game and I hope to see some really great additions... From what I've seen on current gen career mode looks dope so any improvements should be amazing.

# 218 jersez @ 06/11/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svit
Hmmm... everybody so exciting, all buying games just because of graphics?? Did you guys even play the game (2k13, 2k12...)? Or do you buy the game for screensaver purposes only?

Yea, it looks amazing (every new iteration of the game looks great at the beginning), LeBron has facial expressions, but what about gameplay? Online associacion? Playcalling system and playbooks? Contacts in the paint? Passing? Defense? Crew?

Buying the game on DAY 1 solely on graphics is just stupid - IMO.
People can't get excited about a graphical leap? I just don't get it, why people can't get excited for something if it's not a playcalling system, online association or playbook news?

# 219 doctorhay53 @ 06/11/13 11:19 AM
It only takes one viewing to see the improvement in sweat, facial hair, skin texture, and limb movement (the clip of Lebron opening his hand to grab the ball is awesome). I didn't even watch that closely.

# 220 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 06/11/13 11:31 AM
Hope this is a launch title for ps4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.