Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

2K Sports released their Next-Gen NBA 2K14 trailer during the Sony E3 2013 Press Conference this evening.

The 'NBA 2K14 – Next Gen Reveal' segment featured NBA 2K14 cover athlete LeBron James discussing life as "Video Game James" with a digital version of himself, while showing off some of his on the court moves in NBA 2K14. All of the footage was NOT pre-rendered and shown from a pre-alpha PS4 build.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ForeverVersatile @ 06/11/13 12:34 AM

# 142 ForeverVersatile @ 06/11/13 12:37 AM
Someone said Wade was in the trailer, i sure didn't see him.

# 143 TheKasmar @ 06/11/13 12:40 AM
Wow, I cant wait to see next gen presentation and signature style. I hope 2k will be able to really capture the emotion of basketball whether it be a game winning shot, players angry about foul calls, and the intensity of a close 4th quarter game.

# 144 jersez @ 06/11/13 12:43 AM
I hope that the crowd is actually fixed.

A couple of examples

1. When ever the star player touches the ball(lebron for example) the crowd boo's him and when he passes to mario chalmers they quiet down.

2. If the home team is making a big comeback they really don't get that excited, and if you make a dagger shot, it should quiet them.

3. When you cross someone, dunk on someone or get a achievement it's really not represented in the crowd. Just listen to the Kyrie brandon knight video(not chris webber lol) and if someone gets banged on that should be represented both ways, they should explode or they should be stunned.

If you can get this down, the atmosphere will be so much better and it'll make the game feel so real.

# 145 RocketTMac1 @ 06/11/13 12:44 AM
I hope we finally home and away custom gear

# 146 eye guy @ 06/11/13 12:47 AM
First off, that's one big Muppet looking mouth...

Second; 2K6 alone sold me on buying a 360. 2K14 will do the same, except a PS4.

# 147 Guapo516 @ 06/11/13 12:48 AM
Can't wait to see both live and 2k in extended action, live especially outa curiosity. I trust 2k its a guarantee buy for me. The best thing about Lebron being on the cover is, I know to be authentic the defense has to be fixed. Blocking dunks(which inexplicably is not in 2k13) will be back, steals shud b possible, and on ball perimeter and post defense shud all see significant upgrades. I dnt think Lebron would even be associated with it if it wasn't addressed. Seems like he cares about what he'd b associated with.

# 148 ForeverVersatile @ 06/11/13 12:52 AM

# 149 actuallybrown @ 06/11/13 12:52 AM
So, from the video's end slate below, here, we can see that:
  1. there will be some mode called 'Path to Greatness'...probably much like 'Create a Legend'
  2. there's a 'Lebron James' sig skill...which means they might be doing sig skills differently this year. I mean, I could understand if they said 'Lebron James signature skill SET', but they did not include the word 'set', so I think they're going to be going with player profiles as sig skills??? What MyCareer implications does this have?
  3. they're bringing back VC. *facepalm*
  4. this bonus pack is only for current-gen systems (???)

Thoughts?

# 150 Bolt957 @ 06/11/13 12:57 AM
After watching it again, It made me wonder if 2K has had LeBron in for Mo-Cap already? His sig movements and things seemed to be in the trailer as if he did them himself.

I also notice that it says "2K Sports" on the shot clock where it would say "Daktronics"

# 151 actuallybrown @ 06/11/13 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I hope that the crowd is actually fixed.

A couple of examples

1. When ever the star player touches the ball(lebron for example) the crowd boo's him and when he passes to mario chalmers they quiet down.

2. If the home team is making a big comeback they really don't get that excited, and if you make a dagger shot, it should quiet them.

3. When you cross someone, dunk on someone or get a achievement it's really not represented in the crowd. Just listen to the Kyrie brandon knight video(not chris webber lol) and if someone gets banged on that should be represented both ways, they should explode or they should be stunned.

If you can get this down, the atmosphere will be so much better and it'll make the game feel so real.
Are you saying you WANT #1 to happen? in EVERY game??? because, that's not what happens in real life...at least not without backstories. maybe if there was a disparaging comment made by that player in an interview or something, but not every single time...

I guess I'm just a little confused at the tenses you're speaking in, like whether this happens now or this is what you want to happen.

# 152 actuallybrown @ 06/11/13 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
Lebron looks as excited as we are!
I really hope they put tongues in players' mouths. Kobe didn't seem to have one either.

# 153 ForeverVersatile @ 06/11/13 01:03 AM
A few more.

# 154 jersez @ 06/11/13 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
Are you saying you WANT #1 to happen? in EVERY game??? because, that's not what happens in real life...at least not without backstories. maybe if there was a disparaging comment made by that player in an interview or something, but not every single time...

I guess I'm just a little confused at the tenses you're speaking in, like whether this happens now or this is what you want to happen.
Of course not. Rivals, playoff games or when a player gets hot. But I wasn't trying to make that suggestion sound like every game boo so and so.

I'm curious to see if 2k will try to match EA's live roster update?

# 155 ForeverVersatile @ 06/11/13 01:19 AM
Last and favorite pic out of the trailer..

Anybody got a time machine??

# 156 GudStuffzz @ 06/11/13 01:25 AM
I take back what I said about next gen consoles. I'm totally going to save up for the ps4 + 2k now. Just looks too good to pass up right now. The trailer was insane!

# 157 servom999 @ 06/11/13 01:29 AM
Already have the PS4 and 2K etched out in my family budget.

# 158 sva91 @ 06/11/13 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
There's some actual similarity, somehow, between this and what we've been revealed today.

I shudder imagining what they game will look like in coming years. But enough of that. I can't wait to see more gameplay.

And people picking up on the same ol' same ol'.

"Overhead passes! SMH"
"White socks on the road. C'mon 2K!"
"Where are Trey Burke's tattoos?"'

Edit: Also, Wade looks like Victor Oladipo in that pic. Hehe.
Looks ridiculous.. But they need to place Heat numbers further right. With graphics like this I encourage everyone to point out as many uniform errors as they can find in 2k13. Kicks look so much better.. Just wow

# 159 33repus @ 06/11/13 01:34 AM
It's official, 2k14+PS4, don't have to be online, cheaper, plus u can play used games has tipped the scales significantly Ps4>Xbox One, ohh & apparently the NSA is using the Xbox One to spy on people, so theres another reason not to get it.

# 160 Bolt957 @ 06/11/13 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Xbox One has NFL.... the $100 difference is big if I only was planning on using Xbox One for a few months or a year but I plan on having and keeping it for a while.... until it burns out at least.
Madden's gonna be on PS4 as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.