Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

If you remembered last year, NBA Live 13 was the game I was most excited about seeing at E3 2012. Well, we all know how well that worked out for basketball gamers, as the title was cancelled before it ever came to market.

This year things are looking up, and the reason for that is called bounceTek. BounceTek is the new physics-based dribbling system implemented into the game, which was showcased in some hand-on action with Kyrie Irving. This dribbling system seems to be borrowed from the old (defunct) NBA Elite which never made it to market either. Elite promised a new way of basketball starting with the dribbling system, one must think a lot of that old philosophy still stands with Live 14.

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thedream2k13 @ 06/12/13 11:35 AM
Nice read I hope live succeeds

# 2 billll @ 06/12/13 11:35 AM
Hmm. Sounds interesting. Will definitely need to see some gameplay so I will reserve my judgement until then. Glad Live is back though - for better or worse - competition breeds ingenuity.

# 3 jersez @ 06/12/13 11:38 AM
It sounds impressive, I was going to pick it up anyways but the no sliding, and synergy I'll have to pick it up to see for myself.

# 4 Ajknowsit @ 06/12/13 11:50 AM
Sound's good, how did the shooting feel with Irving and was it mapped to the right stick with a modifier or back to a button push.

# 5 eko718 @ 06/12/13 11:50 AM
Live always comes with good ideas and gameplay elements... its the total package that is questionable. I am at least curious. They need to add about 10 lbs to their player models though. I know ball players are slim but....

# 6 cgalligan @ 06/12/13 12:28 PM
My #1 concern is that it will be way too easy to pull off dribble moves and highlight real plays... much like madden it seems like the "sim" aspect of the game is going to get pushed to the side, in favor of a more arcade "ish" highlight film game...

# 7 nick_sr @ 06/12/13 12:35 PM
great article! love the news about player accessories! wonder if it will automatically updated in dynasty?

# 8 nick_sr @ 06/12/13 12:35 PM
can't wait to hear about dynasty, online and other features

# 9 nick_sr @ 06/12/13 12:40 PM
i know they said it was "pre-alpha", but how were the player models in person? I saw a pic of mike conley playing nba live 14 and he had a huge smile on his face.

# 10 TreyIM2 @ 06/12/13 12:46 PM
I got a lil excited reading this. I just keep thinking of how much better games will be with next gen tech and this game should be no different. I really don't think EA will drop the ball this gen with this new tech but I expect growing pains, as will a lot of devs have...

# 11 ccoaxum @ 06/12/13 01:14 PM
this is a good start and cant wait to hear more...already got this game preorder

# 12 TheLetterZ @ 06/12/13 01:38 PM
Uh, speaking as someone with full access to the Synergy Sports Technology that NBA teams use, and whose best friend is a manager with Synergy, I can tell you that Synergy DOESN'T track signature dribbles or anything like that.

So ... I don't know where exactly that's coming from. Maybe EA/Synergy is paying an intern to watch every dribble that every NBA player takes all season, but I know that signature dribbles aren't something normally tracked by Synergy.

# 13 23 @ 06/12/13 01:40 PM
I have honestly NEVER heard of "signature dribble" EVER IN MY LIFE watching basketball.

Is this some kind of a joke?

# 14 Jay Jay @ 06/12/13 01:49 PM
Sound good.

# 15 RayRay34 @ 06/12/13 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
My #1 concern is that it will be way too easy to pull off dribble moves and highlight real plays... much like madden it seems like the "sim" aspect of the game is going to get pushed to the side, in favor of a more arcade "ish" highlight film game...
I actually am not to concerned about that. If it truly is based off the dribbling system from elite 11 I think it will be harder. I was actually one of the few people who probably played the crap out of the demo and I actually thought you had to work the stick to get past a defender. It actually felt a little rewarding to blow past a defender in elite.

# 16 Jay Jay @ 06/12/13 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I actually am not to concerned about that. If it truly is based off the dribbling system from elite 11 I think it will be harder. I was actually one of the few people who probably played the crap out of the demo and I actually thought you had to work the stick to get past a defender. It actually felt a little rewarding to blow past a defender in elite.
That and the fact that you can actually body up in the Elite 11 demo.

# 17 Da_Czar @ 06/12/13 02:55 PM
Sounds good. Can't wait to try it myself.

# 18 sirjam @ 06/12/13 03:00 PM
I hope live can make a comeback. I like many other old heads are kinda partial to it because we grew up on it. Remember live 95 I think it was, when you could create a player but if you put just about any legend name in the slots it would magically input the stats and looks of the player. Awesome stuff.

# 19 Jay Jay @ 06/12/13 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Body up?

Like how KG bodied up Boozer but ended up on the floor as Boozer took off from the FT line?
Go find some kids to play with...dont nobody care about how you feel but your followers.

# 20 milin @ 06/12/13 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I hope live can make a comeback. I like many other old heads are kinda partial to it because we grew up on it. Remember live 95 I think it was, when you could create a player but if you put just about any legend name in the slots it would magically input the stats and looks of the player. Awesome stuff.
That was Live '96 actually.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.