Home
FIFA 14 News Post

Mac Life has posted their hands-on preview of the iOS version of FIFA 14. It appears the team has removed all of the buttons on the screen (although you can still bring back those legacy controls if you want to). More than 30 leagues, over 600 teams and 16,000+ players will be available.

Quote:
Enter a new approach in which the screen is relatively uncluttered, letting you focus on comfortable touch commands to dominate on the pitch. Player movement is lightly automated, though you can drag from your player's spot to create a path forward, almost like in Flight Control. Tapping another player passes the ball to him, and when you approach the goal, you can swipe to take a shot. The controls are similar in style on defense, with a tap of an opponent triggering your nearest player to engage, and swipes used for slide tackles.

The ability to position your entire team with just a few quick drags allows you to create on-the-fly formations, plus the swipe-to-shoot command comes with surprising depth. "The speed and the length of my swipe determines the strength [of the shot]," notes Cotreanti. You can even curve your shots to add some extra finesse.

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 geisterhome @ 06/18/13 09:20 AM
this is going to suck just as any other smart phone game.

# 2 NightmareBooster @ 06/18/13 02:44 PM
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic but I just don't feel like a sport as intricate as soccer can be recreated well enough on a mobile device WITHOUT a controller. How do you through pass? How do you LOFT a through pass? How do you out-dribble a defender? And the list goes on and on.

# 3 tarek @ 06/18/13 10:29 PM
I admit playing Fifa on ipad can be fun, but for me it's difficult to control. I personally believe that the smartphone/tablet strength lies in sports management titles, and in scenario based sports gaming (i.e. New Star Soccer).
Organic type sports such as soccer or basketball are too free flowing to truly capture the ability to perform moves or set plays with the controls currently offered on smartphones.
Having said that, these innovations in Fifa 14 may change all of that. Who knows.

# 4 Murph @ 06/22/13 06:43 PM
I'm actually hoping EA utilizes the new APIs Apple will include in iOS 7, so a real controller can be used. Trying to use a virtual D-pad on a touchscreen is completely useless, IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 5 jijobiku @ 06/26/13 02:54 AM
I find it kind of strange that there doesn't seem to be a D-pad and buttons like with the previous games. Don't know if I'll like these touch controls but we'll have to see.

# 6 NaturalSelected @ 06/26/13 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jijobiku
I find it kind of strange that there doesn't seem to be a D-pad and buttons like with the previous games. Don't know if I'll like these touch controls but we'll have to see.
I thought I read somewhere you can bring them back via options (could be wrong though)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.