Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

The NCAA Football 14 demo is available now for both 360 and PS3. If you are a 360 user with a Gold account, you can queue it up right here.

Below is the list of games available. You can play a full game with 3 minute quarters.
  • Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
  • Oregon vs. Texas A&M
  • Ohio State vs. Michigan
The Skills Trainer is included in the demo, as well as all of the camera views, including the coordinator cam. You can also adjust difficulty and all sliders in the demo.

If you are having issues finding the demo, click here for some helpful tips.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gosens6 @ 06/18/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyPKA
played 2 games on all american. lost 28-0 to VT. Lost 24-14 to TAMU.

positives- game looks great. option plays are fun

negatives- holy turnovers batman! my team fumbled 3 times in one game and 4 times in the other game. thats absurd.

running the ball with the HB is almost impossible.

Wr's not playing the ball leading to INT's

overall. I want to like it, but I'm not impressed. I'll play the demo a couple more times to see if it grows on me
You're having a hard time running with the HB? Hmmm that seems to be the most fun part of the game for a lot of folks, it's actually a bit too easy for me.

# 122 Bushido @ 06/18/13 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
They do run into the O-line, especially when your line gets pushed into the backfield. The AI should, however, attempt to "slide" off it. Not literally "slide" but kinda put their hand on the back of the lineman and then slide-out to one side or the other.
They did that, I saw that animation 3x

# 123 JCHISENH2016 @ 06/18/13 04:13 PM
I am loving this demo, gameplay is great and all the new additions are great, but I am dissapointed that the halftime show is not in the demo. I hoped that they would want to show that off.

# 124 Gosens6 @ 06/18/13 04:13 PM
For all the good in this demo, the crowd noise and commentary completely take away from the immersion. I'm playing Michigan/OSU and Michigan scored a TD to go up 10-0.

In real life the crowd would have gone insane, players would be hyped, and the commentary would be more into the game. As soon as the TD is scored, the players show no emotion, the commentary is lifeless and the crowd is as silent as can be.

If only EA knew how to get this right we'd have an even better game of football. As it stands, it's just terrible in the sound/emotion of college football area.

# 125 Reggie16 @ 06/18/13 04:14 PM
so far ive seen some awesome animations.

# 126 charter04 @ 06/18/13 04:14 PM
Game 2
Virginia Tech (me) 0 Alabama 17.

All-American

-finally feel like I was playing Alabama! Good grief their d was tough.
- they didn't run the ball unbelievably good but, got better in the second half.
- they had good play calling and nice balance
-man I'm loving the foot planting and player movement!
- I planed on making sliders but, not even sure what I would change.

# 127 YungThugga08 @ 06/18/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
these are still fake names. But to answer your question, I dont think so.

Ok, thanks.

# 128 Neverwhere @ 06/18/13 04:15 PM
I'm loving the hard hit animations with the physics. Especially when you try and slant across the middle... yeouch!

# 129 mr44 @ 06/18/13 04:18 PM
love the fact that they finally are starting to add in simple things like changing the ball over automatically. Also love the blocking system that they put in for special teams. Huge upgrade so far. Now if they can do something about the stale recruiting in Dynasty I will be a happy camper.

# 130 This Is Michigan @ 06/18/13 04:18 PM
Screw the passing game. 174 yds rushing, 20 yds passing.

# 131 Aggies7 @ 06/18/13 04:19 PM
(PS3) Played three games. Really impressed so far. I assume no one has seen the halftime report cause at the end of the second it just moves to the 3rd quarter with no halftime commentary. They do say thanks to Reece and David. Maybe their is some surprise that EA has up their sleeves for the Halftime Report and wants us to wait for release.

-Used A&M twice and was really impressed with the CPU AI option game. Oregon made me look stupid. Couldn't tell if Thomas or Mariota had the ball. I ended up winning 17-7 after I figured out that my DL seemed to contain Thomas when he got the ball, so I used player lock and spied on Mariota.

-Crowd was pretty good for A&M game. Nothing that really blew me away but some of the chants were new and the crowd seemed smarter, but not all that much louder. I also didn't hear any of the post play chatter between players (maybe that was for Madden not NCAA)

-Pre Game which I really didn't think I was going to like was nicely done. I wish they wouldn't show game action but when they are showing players jumping around it does look pretty cool. I assume the montage only focus' on the home team, because I have only seen A&M and Bama featured and they we both the home teams. Both had different music which was nice so it won't get stale on that end, just hope it's not always the same for your team in dynasty

-I started a game with Alabama and VT just to see the Neutral Site presentation. Nothing all that special but a great feature to have and be able to change in dynasty.

-Really like the acceleration burst. I feel like I am actually setting up my blocks, picking a hole and then I accelerate through it. Really nice.

-Skills Trainer was just ok for me until I saw an Oklahoma Drill for defense. Not exactly like the Oklahoma Drill from my playing days but still fun. I wish they would add this to dynasty off season and use this to progress my players.

Overall really impressed so far.

# 132 Art01 @ 06/18/13 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Some quick thoughts:

- Simply can't wait to get under-the-hood with this game!!!
Interesting post, Khaliib. I certainly hope we can get under the hood with the Editors - otherwise, I'll probably have little interest in buying the game. I suppose we will not know the answer to this question until the game becomes available in July.

I can't download the demo yet (I am a Silver member, so I must wait about a week). I'll look forward to more of your comments. Can you tell if the Coach A Game mode is still present in NCAA14?

# 133 Reggie16 @ 06/18/13 04:20 PM
the interception animations look a lot more fluid as well. I love them.

# 134 Reggie16 @ 06/18/13 04:22 PM
another note it is going to be hard to get upsets this year.

# 135 rudyjuly2 @ 06/18/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
- There was a glitch where the ball carrier was brought down on top of a defender, and the game did not count him as down. The ballcarrier got back up and continued running.
That is IE. same thing would happen occasionally in M13.

# 136 Rezzo503 @ 06/18/13 04:24 PM
Played two games, Oregon Vs Texas AM First, Simply because I'm from/live in Portland, OR and the Ducks are our Football team lol (Maybe seahawks too)

Anyways, the game felt great. First thing I did.

Heisman for both offense and defense, put all CPU sliders at 45, left Human at 50. Put it on Coordinator cam.

Wow. The gameplay felt new. The new blocking A.I they put in for the running plays really shines, plus the infinity engine 2 equals realistic blocking.

As someone said earlier, the passing fell "Tighter" didn't seem like you could lead your receiver way off route. Still could a little bit, but not as much.

The pocket COLLAPSED... a few times. The LT gave up a few sacks, didn't seem like the RT was programed to give up sacks. (Only two games)

The ONLY thing I'm concerned about right now is this...

I switched sides during the middle of both games, the the CPU switched "Zone Coverage" to Aggressive in the Gameplans. Which lead to a lot of deep balls being open. Now it didn't seem to have an issue, because I tried to run 4 verts a few times, and the coverage looked tight. They did play under the man...but rode their assignment pretty well.

So far not a problem, unless they ONLY play aggressive. Ill try and complete a few deep balls early through Play action and see if the CPU changes up. Because I do run a lot of short passes.

Back to the Demo. EA might have pulled it off.....

# 137 Xx_JP_VHS_xX @ 06/18/13 04:25 PM
Game 1
Texas A&M(me) 21 Oregon 14 on All American

This game is awesome. The first quarter had me sold. There was one hard hit I had and I actually reacted like I would in real life. When I got the ball on offense my second play I did an option with manziel and pitched it to my RB and juked one time and took off to the house. The jukes in this game are the must fun and rewarding moves ever in NCAA.

# 138 The JareBear @ 06/18/13 04:25 PM
First win, finally. Default heisman, Oregon vs TAMU, I was Oregon

24-14

Putting together a 14 play, 6 minute drive with Oregon was awesome. Mixed in every option I could find

# 139 smack23011 @ 06/18/13 04:27 PM
This game is an absolute beauty. Only complaint. The user pick is non existing that is all.

Johnny Football first play of the game takes off and got the first down. Just a great thing to see.

# 140 TDenverFan @ 06/18/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That is IE. same thing would happen occasionally in M13.
That's what I figured. It was really my only gameplay complaint so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.