Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has brought their NCAA Football 14 Team Builder website online.

Click on the "Create New School" button and after logging in you can view quite a few different items. A lot of people will dive in to see if their school stadium or field has changed, others will want to look at uniforms, rosters and ratings. Take a look around and let us know what you are seeing.

Thanks to Gaming Tailgate for the heads up.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BearsNVA @ 06/21/13 03:18 PM
Wanted to see how close to real life the ratings were for Old Dominion.....everybody is 99. So, I'd say there's something wrong with those ratings LOL

# 102 HozAndMoose @ 06/21/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Wanted to see how close to real life the ratings were for Old Dominion.....everybody is 99. So, I'd say there's something wrong with those ratings LOL
I believe the new schools are glitched. When you select them what ever roster you were viewing before will be what shows up. Since juggernaut is default thats what you see. Go to Umass before Old Dominion and it should be the same roster.

# 103 LPU @ 06/21/13 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Here you go. Hopefully it doesn't block flickr as well. http://www.flickr.com/photos/9789397...7634248340151/
Thanks man.

Not sure I'll be giving TB much of a run this year. I like to create really obscure, crappy teams and try to build them up, but I think the new teams added this year will be sufficient.

# 104 MrRudy @ 06/21/13 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710

To me, teambuilder is a perfect example of people never being satisfied no matter how much progress is made. EA could have done nothing but instead now you've got the ability to make nearly exact replicas of all the FCS teams (they even have the logos ready for you) or any team in your imagination with fully customizable rosters, logos, uniforms, stadium sounds, and everything.

Just take a moment to realize how far we've come guys and I think you'll realize how great teambuilder is and will be more thankful for it, cause it seems like the only time anyone mentions teambuilder is to make a complaint, which just makes me shake my head.
Because people are willing to settle for "nearly" exact replicas of their team. Please, do create a Weber State
Wait, that template isn't available... and the logo provided is not a helmet logo, so you'd have to load in your own and provide the white Adidas logo.

If anything else in this game were treated in a manner that Teambuilder is... people would be irate, wait... equipment is and those people are mocked constantly.

In the end, all I wanted were templates, branded even, like they are on Fifa13 so I don't have to waste a logo slot for something that should be there.

And never satisfied? You tell me another game mode where since it's inception four years ago, the only update has been 10 high school stadiums for a mode that is now defunct and the ability to type across the front of your jersey in three fonts.

Lame take...

# 105 BearsNVA @ 06/21/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
dang Georgia State has a pretty good stock roster

looks like they all need a big overhaul though, they're extra bad this year
Maybe it's just me, but on my computer Old Dominion was the first team I checked. Wanted to see how they are rated compared to real life. They were all 99's. I clicked on Ohio State (right above ODU) and the ratings changed, then I clicked on ODU again, and the Ohio State ratings were still there.

I clicked on GSU, and the Ohio State ratings showed up.

Did you click on a school before GSU? Just curious if this is only happening to me.

# 106 BearsNVA @ 06/21/13 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I believe the new schools are glitched. When you select them what ever roster you were viewing before will be what shows up. Since juggernaut is default thats what you see. Go to Umass before Old Dominion and it should be the same roster.
Yeah, I figured that out afterwards when Ohio State's ratings showed up for ODU. Oh well, at least I can't start a dynasty today. It would be way more annoying if that were the case.

# 107 runnernation2 @ 06/21/13 04:20 PM
I know it has already been said how they haven't changed the TB site at all, but I have some suggestions that they may not enjoy.

1. Make every uniform on there customizable, not just the plain templates.

2. Allow the chest logos and words that are already on the game to be used on the templates instead of having to use text or one of your logos

3. Allow for more than 2 logos

4. Make every logo used on the game available, 1 logo for each team is not enough

Just to name a few (probably wont happen because then the uniform dlc's would become almost obsolete)

# 108 oXoTheJOKERoXo @ 06/21/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Man safe to say Florida is pure crap on this game for the most part
I know every game the backs ups suck

# 109 Kodos @ 06/21/13 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
who is this freshman free safety on Indiana that has really good throwing attributes?

I think that is Antonio Allen but he never played quarterback.
That pretty much has to be Allen. The only other guy would be Rashard Fant, but he's a CB. (#23, I believe)

# 110 GKEnialb @ 06/21/13 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I couldn't agree more with this. I think the only reason people look for major yearly updates though is that when it was introduced the dev team made the mistake of letting it slip that Teambuilder would be "easier" to update because its on the web. that's all we needed to hear and we let our minds run wild with the possibilities. But the cold hard truth is that game developers by and large just don't really care about create a team modes. and if you look at this feature objectively since it was introduced it's gotten many more updates than any other of its kind.
Teambuilder is great. For me it just didn't go quite far enough - if they put in the ability to make teams with custom logos (not to mention names), why would all of the stadiums (including the non-school stadiums like the championship stadiums) and almost all of the mascots be tied to a particular school? Basically it eliminates most of the mascots and stadiums they DO provide from being used for a brand new team.

For all the equipment and uniform complaints, that's just the other side of the equation - Teambuilder comes so close to allowing you to recreate your school, why can't they go just that little bit further?

Sometimes it's more frustrating to be really close to what you want than it is to be far away...

# 111 IUxHOOSIERS @ 06/21/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
That pretty much has to be Allen. The only other guy would be Rashard Fant, but he's a CB. (#23, I believe)
yea that's true.

Man EA loves Hoobler and Heban lol

# 112 NateDogPack12 @ 06/21/13 05:47 PM
What is a good FBS stadium I can use for a TeamBuilder team that doesn't have obvious references to the actual FBS school? I want to use an authentic stadium with greater capacity than just 50,000.

# 113 moylan1234 @ 06/21/13 06:16 PM
I agree GKEnialb stadiums could definitely be better. I'm hoping some of these kickoff and other neutral site stadiums they've added can be used correctly with our teams. If they can just set it so that no matter what stadium you choose your home crowd looks correct that would be a huge difference in options. It's also frustrating to look at those HS stadiums because if they could just add some more stands in a few places we'd have many more viable options, but right now I don't use any of them because my team outgrows them too fast in dynasty.

# 114 Equinox831 @ 06/21/13 06:26 PM
It's awesome that they got Soldier Field in the game for the Illinois vs. Washington game, I didn't expect that at all.

# 115 Exile04 @ 06/21/13 06:31 PM
Thats cool nothing NEW but i did find a mess up. Washington huskies home purple is ALL WHITE no marking or anything.. good job

# 116 T-Moar @ 06/21/13 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
What is a good FBS stadium I can use for a TeamBuilder team that doesn't have obvious references to the actual FBS school? I want to use an authentic stadium with greater capacity than just 50,000.
Air Force has 45,000 and no references. Other than that I think you're out of luck, though.

# 117 Vikefan24 @ 06/21/13 06:40 PM
So none of the Iowa alts again.. awesome

# 118 T-Moar @ 06/21/13 06:46 PM
Also all of the bowls that also host neutral site games have Ohio Stadium as their picture under the Bowls tab

# 119 Exile04 @ 06/21/13 06:47 PM
Thats cool nothing NEW but i did find a mess up. Washington huskies home purple is ALL WHITE no marking or anything.. good job

# 120 KushNstien @ 06/21/13 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
There is a bunch of errors in this teambuilder. I highly doubt their jerseys are going to be ALL WHITE in the game. Dont worry

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.