Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

If you can't see the video above, check it out on YouTube.

Madden NFL 25 officially debuted Madden Share, a new feature within the Madden franchise this morning. It's a sort of in-game social network, with the ability to share things like roster files, slider sets, custom playbooks, and more.

The custom playbooks in Madden Share will allow you to mix and match plays from a variety of teams -- and they can be imported into your connected franchise. Every content item uploaded will be able to be rated by users and then sorted by users as well.

The Madden Share feature will be free to use and will be available at launch with Madden NFL 25 on August 27th.

What do you think of Madden share? Will you be using it?

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 carnalnirvana @ 06/24/13 06:45 PM
I REALLY HOPE the offline users can somehow get playbooks to either coaches or teams to fix the cpu...

i am not getting my hopes up because getting a so close is worse than actually not having anything at all imo.... in terms of customization for the cpu

# 62 jerwoods @ 06/24/13 07:02 PM
this is huge i can finally share my spaced out rosters ratings wise with everyone

hopefully i can be the Bed19 of madden

i think u can create 300-400 guys and with the ncaa import back u can create draft guys as well

my psn is FunTimes72 look for my rosters sadly once i get the game it will take about a month to fix the overrated rosters i will try to update every 4 weeks

# 63 gr18 @ 06/24/13 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
this is huge i can finally share my spaced out rosters ratings wise with everyone

hopefully i can be the Bed19 of madden

i think u can create 300-400 guys and with the ncaa import back u can create draft guys as well

my psn is FunTimes72 look for my rosters sadly once i get the game it will take about a month to fix the overrated rosters i will try to update every 4 weeks
While I like the idea of ratings a little more spread out you have to take into account that you don't want 7th round draft picks rated like low end starters and 3rd rounders practically all-pros.These concepts worked with Madden 10 when ratings were designed spread out or Madden 12 when you could edit in franchise.

# 64 gr18 @ 06/24/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I put all these posts together to ask a question about what may be possible now with Madden share. Considering that NCAA football already has a share feature and the community edits rosters in that game, it should be possible to essentially create draft classes for import into Madden, right? I mean I don't know if NCAA football allows rosters to be edited every off season or only before starting a Dynasty but depending on how NCAA 14 player ratings are converted when importing to Madden 25, it may be possible to have at least 4-5 years(including Redshirts) of created draft classes from NCAA to import into Madden.

Hopefully someone(s) understand what I am getting at and can help me understand if this will likely be possible of not.
I personally would rather use FBG ratings in Madden but the fact that generated draft classes would come in and taint the pool always detoured me. Now if it's possible to to essentially create custom draft classes by editing players in NCAA, there could at least be a could 4-5 draft classes scaled back to better fit with FBG rated players in Madden.
I'm hoping it's like what you're alluding to but I'm betting it's tied into you at least having the NCAA game and either doing it yourself or getting a draft class from someone through NCAA share and then importing.

# 65 schmit_95 @ 06/24/13 08:25 PM
This sounds great for the people out there that love this kind of thing. I on the other hand don't see any appeal to this. I get the roster stuff and wanting real names, that just sounds like a ton of work. Howver, the playbook thing I dont see at all. Save a handful of unique plays, arent every teams playbooks almost identical? Not feeling this revel at all....Im really REALLY hoping that the MAdden all 25 reveal is something that noone saw coming. It's really the only thing left that can get me over the hump....I realize no one else cares, but I needed to say it. Haha. Cheers to everyone that is pysched for this feature though!

# 66 infemous @ 06/24/13 09:24 PM
sounds promising.

i think there are some valid concerns about the whole notion of sharing cheesy rosters but that will be done regardless.

i think this can only be a good thing that will allow for people to share their rosters and improve the game.

i'm imagining an online CCM with slider sets, scaled down ratings and custom playbooks.... although only on PS4 lol

# 67 crf2013 @ 06/24/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
That's what I am banking or hoping on, that the people in the community that work so hard on edits to NCAA can put out better scaled draft classes. I just want some rosters based on actual data and not some made up stuff. It will likely all come down to how the NCAA draft classes are converted into Madden but I was just reading about the Dynasty editor for NCAA football, so it will be interesting to see what all shakes out in reference to draft imports and M25 once the games drop.
im confused by your posts but ill answer what i think your asking you can edit players on ncaa but once they enter madden they cant be touched and you cant export and share them you can only use your ncaa class

however little tip if you want somebody to go early or late in the draft change the awareness in madden 12 most people had rg3 go 6th round i boosted his awareness to a 95 and he went top 5

# 68 DJ @ 06/24/13 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is a game changer for me.

One of my biggest frustrations when it came to Madden was the AI's ability when it came to calling plays and the limitation of most teams playbooks. Playbook share (assuming that it works right) could eliminate this.

For example, if you notice that the CPU calls 4 Verts too much....just remove it from that teams playbook.

I dont have the time or knowledge to revise each teams playbook to have them play like they do in real life but I bet someone (or a group of people) at OS will. The ease of downloading their work and assigning the playbook to my and the CPU's team will be awesome.
Agreed. This could be really beneficial to the offline gamer.

# 69 splff3000 @ 06/25/13 12:47 AM
This is pretty good news. I wouldn't say it's great news like some here, but it's pretty good...... for me. Well, actually, I can see the greatness in it if you're an offline gamer, but for an online league type of guy like myself, there are a lot of red flags going off. Like other posters have said, leagues will have to ban custom playbooks to prevent cheese playbooks. Contrary to what some of you think, in most leagues, you can't just call someone a cheeser and have them booted. It's your word vs his and since no one else saw the game(unless someone recorded it) it's up to the commish to decide. You see most of the time, they're not cheesing every play of every game like lobby guys. It can take weeks sometimes before you can weed out a cheeser and that was before they could get their hands on the greatest cheese playbook of all time ........ with no effort at all. I've been commishing leagues since 09 and I can tell you, if I was still doing it this year, I would turn custom playbooks off. It has to be an option. There's already too much of a headache trying to weed those guys out as it is.

Outside of the cheese playbook sharing issue that I have with this, everything else is cool. I really hope that people figure out some way to edit the NCAA draft classes so that they fall more in line with FBG's ratings. I've used them in offline playnow games before, but never in a season because of the draft classes. I'm really hoping I can finally do a franchise with them and edited NCAA draft classes or better yet find a league that's using them.

Everything else is pretty much just a convenience to save time. Instead of having to spend time changing sliders while I'm searching for a good set, I can just download them.

One thing I'm finding confusing is why everyone is getting excited about setting playbooks for cpu teams. Last time I checked, you couldn't load a custom playbook for the cpu team. The custom playbook was attached to YOUR profile. Unless EA has drastically changed CFM, I don't see how that will be possible. You guys might want to get verification from someone before assuming that you will be able to set it to a cpu team. This is still EA we're talking about here.

Overall, I'm quite intrigued to see how much better this Madden share will make Madden this year. I'm definitely looking forward to finally being able to do some things that I didn't have time to do before, but I'm also weary about the potential pitfalls this feature might bring to a gamer like me.

# 70 crf2013 @ 06/25/13 01:45 AM
Quote:
Can someone elaborate on this, I am presuming this means that NCAA draft classes are tied to gamertags/PSN but is this restriction being lifted/changed so they can be used in CFM? Meaning since I think draft class imports will be available to CFMs being played online with multiple Users and the Madden share feature has been added, will these imports still be linked to gt/psn?

If so a workaround would be to get the creator or original saver of the import to join your online CFM, give them Commish control just long enough to load the draft class and then they could quit your online CFM, rinse, repeat each year. I just wonder has that restriction on NCAA draft imports been lifted with Madden share, similar to how there is no restriction on sharing rosters in NCAA football.
online the commish can decide the draft class. if he uses his ncaa rosters those are the class but other than that you can only use your class from your game

# 71 DeuceDouglas @ 06/25/13 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
One thing I'm finding confusing is why everyone is getting excited about setting playbooks for cpu teams. Last time I checked, you couldn't load a custom playbook for the cpu team. The custom playbook was attached to YOUR profile. Unless EA has drastically changed CFM, I don't see how that will be possible. You guys might want to get verification from someone before assuming that you will be able to set it to a cpu team. This is still EA we're talking about here.
Custom playbooks are in CFM. And you could change the CPU's playbook last year. Also in Shopmasters FAQ, it was confirmed that you could attach custom playbooks to the CPU in pre-game.

# 72 NaturalSelected @ 06/25/13 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Custom playbooks are in CFM. And you could change the CPU's playbook last year. Also in Shopmasters FAQ, it was confirmed that you could attach custom playbooks to the CPU in pre-game.
So each game select it, yes? As opposed to applying a playbook to a coach/team for multiple games?

# 73 howboutdat @ 06/25/13 08:37 AM
Quote:
This is pretty good news. I wouldn't say it's great news like some here, but it's pretty good...... for me. Well, actually, I can see the greatness in it if you're an offline gamer, but for an online league type of guy like myself, there are a lot of red flags going off. Like other posters have said, leagues will have to ban custom playbooks to prevent cheese playbooks. Contrary to what some of you think, in most leagues, you can't just call someone a cheeser and have them booted. It's your word vs his and since no one else saw the game(unless someone recorded it) it's up to the commish to decide. You see most of the time, they're not cheesing every play of every game like lobby guys. It can take weeks sometimes before you can weed out a cheeser and that was before they could get their hands on the greatest cheese playbook of all time ........ with no effort at all. I've been commishing leagues since 09 and I can tell you, if I was still doing it this year, I would turn custom playbooks off. It has to be an option. There's already too much of a headache trying to weed those guys out as it is.

Outside of the cheese playbook sharing issue that I have with this, everything else is cool. I really hope that people figure out some way to edit the NCAA draft classes so that they fall more in line with FBG's ratings. I've used them in offline playnow games before, but never in a season because of the draft classes. I'm really hoping I can finally do a franchise with them and edited NCAA draft classes or better yet find a league that's using them.

Everything else is pretty much just a convenience to save time. Instead of having to spend time changing sliders while I'm searching for a good set, I can just download them.

Overall, I'm quite intrigued to see how much better this Madden share will make Madden this year. I'm definitely looking forward to finally being able to do some things that I didn't have time to do before, but I'm also weary about the potential pitfalls this feature might bring to a gamer like me.

i couldnt agree more spliff.some try to act like its so easy to spot a cheat.when reality is, its not always that easy. yes , you can find them out after some time, but if ur in anyway a fair commish , just going off of one or two losing guys words, isnt always enough to justify booting someone. to me personally , i just see it as a headache waiting to happen.sure i can get rid of someone in 3-4 weeks probably, but then i have to go refill that team again ( good thing ive heard commishes can fix salary issues when somone nukes a team this time around) and we will have given other players in the league some undeserved losses at the same time . the league i run now is currently still full, this late in the season, however we are moving over to the ps4 version, and not every one of my guys are able to do that, which means ill be having to weed out some guys again until the rest get a ps4. so hoping the option is there, i will def be turning off custom playbooks, eventhough i myself would love to make one to use.

i really wish the people at EA would use all these " youtube glitch play videos" that are so easy to find out there, against the people posting them. By setting a team of devs to look them up , test the plays and see what is causing the issue , and then fix the issue , and put out a patch for it(maybe like put 10 -15 play fixes in one patch).in madden 13 they had 4 patches. I feel like they could do this. It would be a great thing , one it would really piss off these people who insist on finding out these plays and it would limit the amount of glitched plays in the game. i mean to me , these videos are basically just a list of things that are wrong with the game, sorta like getting free testers,they could then try to fix the issues, that would be great and would eliminate mosts of the issues dealing with custom playbooks.

as far as sharing the sliders , that is cool and a time saver indeed. as my league uses custom sliders as well. took alot of testing dif ones here and kinda mixing a couple to find the right balance for us.i still dont quite understand the hype on the share rosters part. draft classes is what needs to be fixed more than anything. from what i hear currently u cant import an ncaa classes to ps4 version of m25. so guess drafts wont be good until next madden on there.

# 74 K_GUN @ 06/25/13 09:05 AM
Quote:
and could this be done with only 1 controller?

# 75 therizing02 @ 06/25/13 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
and could this be done with only 1 controller?
Last year in offline you could change the CPU Playbook with the second
controller in the pre game screen and then move the controller back to the
center before advancing. It helped, but you could NOT assign a custom Playbook. Your options were either another team's Playbook or one of the generic ones.

We have not been able to assign custom play books to CPU teams in madden
since Madden 11 prior to the patch. It seems like we will be able to do this
in M25. If we can, it is a game changer!

# 76 K_GUN @ 06/25/13 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Last year in offline you could change the CPU Playbook with the second
controller in the pre game screen and then move the controller back to the
center before advancing.
yup...I know...i am curious to know if you still need that 2nd controller this year

# 77 kc10785 @ 06/25/13 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Rosters will be the most shared thing, I'm betting. I don't see anyone with an unstoppable playbook wanting to share it...ever.
You sure about that playbook comment? there are tons of youtube strategy guides out there that already share there cheese plays. It's going to be so many channels promoting there playbooks it's going to be crazy.

Yes this is a long over due feature congrats but I refuse to look at just the positives and not the negatives that can ruin my gaming experience. I strictly play online and I hear people saying just don't join a league that accept custom playbook. That sounds all fine and great but I like to play rank games during down times in the online leagues. This feature is going to make the cheese even more worst. Hopefully the OS community group can last longer then 3 months this time around.

I do like the slider feature and roster share I know the great minds on this website is going to put some work in with those two features.

# 78 kc10785 @ 06/25/13 04:52 PM
Quote:

People don't understand the headache and back and forth that happens when somebody get's called out for cheating in leagues. First it have to happen to multiple people, if there is no video evidence which is hard now because madden took out highlights at the end of the game when you can see every play ran, and then you have to wait on the commish to make a decision. It's not as easy as y'all make it out to be. Pretty much this guy said it all.

# 79 SteelerSpartan @ 06/25/13 05:11 PM
We need some clarification on whether we can set them up as a Team Default.. and does it apply to D-Playbooks too? Because it would be nice if in the offseason a team switches from the 3-4 to the 4-3

# 80 crf2013 @ 06/25/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
have you not played 13 in ccm you cannot change the cpus playbook/jersey etc you can only change your team

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.