Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

2K Sports has released the debut trailer for WWE 2K14, cover art featuring The Rock, as well as the new WWE 2K14 website. The game hits stores on October 29th for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nate1986 @ 06/25/13 10:49 AM
Has anyone made a wwe 2 k14 wish list thread yet

# 22 AirJordanFan93 @ 06/25/13 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
WOW, HBK super kick while the guy was in mid air, that looked great!!!
Cant you do that in WWE 13

# 23 Aggies7 @ 06/25/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveRunna26
That's true but you also got to keep in mind that its a transitional phase into next Gen, so the graphics wont be much different. I think they are just prepping into the new era!!
Oh trust me. I'm not knocking the game I think it looks great but I didn't expect any big changes from 13 to 2K's WWE 2K14

# 24 horrormaster @ 06/25/13 11:57 AM
I'll wait for the PS4 WWE game next year. Player models don't look that good and all the clothing looks glued/painted on. They need to get rid of THQ and start with something new.

# 25 Cpre5 @ 06/25/13 12:05 PM
I'm glad Macho Man returns and with his classic outfit and not the white and purple outfit from 12.

# 26 TreyIM2 @ 06/25/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
I'll wait for the PS4 WWE game next year. Player models don't look that good and all the clothing looks glued/painted on. They need to get rid of THQ and start with something new.
I was about to say, "Damn, doesn't ANYBODY notice how bad the player models look????" U did, tho. Heh.

Those player models look terrible. Rubbery looking and lacking detail. I know this is 2K's first rastlin' game so I can give it a pass but I would think with the short dev time they had to use THQ's engine which should have given them a good foundation to build off of and polish up.

I gotta see what's up for next gen so I can get it for my nephew to rock on my PS4 with. Bypassing this one.

# 27 urlacher51 @ 06/25/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Cant you do that in WWE 13
No, at the 53 second mark in the trailer you can see HBK throw his opponent up in the air and do a finisher, his super kick.In WWE 13 you could do a finisher if your opponent was flying off the top rope. Not the same as in the trailer.

# 28 UMhester04 @ 06/25/13 01:48 PM
I dont see where some people think the graphics are horrible. In fact I don't see the majority of the people's arguments about the game in this thread come from in the first place.

"Looks like 13" (we know), "Make Rock only available for PPV matches" (I'm hoping this was sarcasm).

The real problem in the game is gameplay, player models for the most part look great to me. When I turn the game on its hardest difficulty AND put all the sliders in the CPU's favor AND edit attributes, I expect to lose. Instead, in WWE 13 I still have to use house rules to get a good match, and hope that the CPU doesn't try t use the outside OMG! moves once they get a finisher.

Things like that (along with the 2 count glitch) are things I expect to be fixed for 2k14, not a completely new game.

# 29 mm boost @ 06/25/13 01:59 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned how awesome it was seeing ryback doing shellshock on 2 guys at the same time. That looked awesome.

The mid-air sweet chin music was EPIC. They need to really start adding more variations of everyone's finisher. I think for a finisher, each guy should have one for 'Y', one for up Y, one for right Y, one for down Y, and one for left Y. I'd like to see the finishers performed from reversals, mid-air, top rope, rebound, ducking, etc. maybe this sweet chin music in mid air is a sign of things to come because that looked ridiculously awesome.

I thought the animations looked smoother and graphics looked polished from what I can tell. The game is at the point where graphics look great and it is just nailing down gameplay and momentum of a match. I want to see more OMG moments. I loved this addition to the game!

# 30 SmashMan @ 06/25/13 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
The gameplay looks like the NBA 2K series, in a good way.

# 31 UMhester04 @ 06/25/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

This is another thing I was scratching my head about LOL...what does that even mean????

# 32 Ice_Cold345 @ 06/25/13 04:00 PM
I hope they fixed some of the player models because some of them looked like complete dog****. AJ looks like this weird Asian horse thing and personally, the Punk model doesn't look like him(at least the face doesn't.) I wasn't expecting a whole lot with graphics, but what's interesting is the double Shell Shock to two random CAWs. I wonder why they chose that instead of two guys already announced?

# 33 EAGLESFAN10 @ 06/25/13 06:03 PM
I have a feeling that it will be exactly like WWE 13(Which is Expected) and will just focus on the new Career Mode

# 34 molokoplus @ 06/25/13 06:33 PM
So far its WWE 13 with WWE 12 models thrown in and a few new textures applied (Here's looking at you Macho). And the funny thing is some people have already added these exact attires and models as hacks to WWE 13, only they IMPROVED what THQ did, correcting face textures, adding more detail and definition, etc.

# 35 iory_yagamy @ 06/25/13 08:08 PM
looks the same to me... holding my money at least for a month after the release

# 36 woody2goody @ 06/25/13 08:42 PM
People saying "Just looks like the 20xx game" every single year is tiresome.

Are you that naïve that you don't realise devs on annual games can't tear everything apart and start again every year?

Some people think it's cool to say "it's WWE 13.5" or some stupid crap like that.

Of course it will resemble WWE '13, it's possibly the last game on this generation of consoles.

Now if the next gen version comes out and looks like this one then you have a right to complain.

The trailer looks good to be fair, but the gameplay needs to be better than last year's. It was good but still way off where we should be at.

I think most wrestling fans would just be happy if it was bug free and you can have matches that flow well. It still feels like you're playing a fighting game and not a wrestling game most of the time.

# 37 raggBAGG @ 06/25/13 09:10 PM
Although its cool, does any one else find the whole HBK tossing a guy 10 feet in the air ridiculous? It seemed kind of WWE All Star-esque to me.

# 38 ffaacc03 @ 06/25/13 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Imma say this again since some folks still seem confused.
2K is publishing this game. This means the pe ads/marketing,distribution etc.
Yuke's the previous developers THQ had are still developing this game. This means the gameplay,features etc.
2K will NOT be mainly developing until at least WWE 2K15.
Which means we will not see significant,if any,improvement or difference until then.
This.

Having said that, I cant but blame next gen to my apparent insatisfaction ... the gorgeous graphics of NBA2k14, BF4, ISS, etc, have biased my review of this trailer ... yes graphics aint all, but they do influence and hype ones urge to buy the game and I honestly didnt felt that ... also, given the new systems ram and processing powers, cant but salivate when thinking on the gameplay possibilities with physics, AI enhancers and such ... the trailer just didnt really click me.

Hopefully, we get to see this game on next gen and if not, really looking forward to WWE2K15 then !

# 39 UMhester04 @ 06/25/13 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
Although its cool, does any one else find the whole HBK tossing a guy 10 feet in the air ridiculous? It seemed kind of WWE All Star-esque to me.

Not really. Look at Randy Orton vs Ziggler whenever they fought (Night of Chanpions maybe?) he did the same thing.

Now if hbk does this to Mark Henry we will have a problem.

# 40 fpac @ 06/25/13 09:33 PM
I'll be waiting until Black Friday and picking the game up for half price or less like I have the past 3 years.

It's easier to overlook the flaws and have more fun when you only pay $30 for the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.