Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Earlier today the NBA Live 14 team hosted a Twitter chat with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes.

We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
  • Team specific playbooks, team specific defenses
  • A.I. will be driven by real world data with CourtQ
  • Shot percentages determined by different contest levels
  • Fatigue will affect player speed and performance
  • Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
  • The Ignite Engine will improve animation quality, physics and fluidity
  • You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
  • Full featured title
  • 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
  • Xbox One and PS4 exclusive
  • Crowds will have more animation, logic and Gen 4 graphics for more realism
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Authentic arenas, ESPN TV presentation
  • New locomotion systems results in authentic movement
  • Yes, you will be able to call in-bound plays
  • NBA Live 14 will feature legends
  • There will be all types of put-backs
  • We have the #1 ESPN NBA team, and a surprise coming later
  • Sliders are in
  • 40 players with signature moves, plus packages (Melo confirmed)
  • Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 youvalss @ 09/07/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
as I have stated before, ea is doing exactly what they should be doing and that is nothing . lebron is on 2k, 2k will break record sales.
Yeah, but keep in mind that the other company hasn't done anything for its next-gen title. It's not going to stay at "nothing" when one starts the marketing efforts.

At some point there will be a lot of marketing from each company, it's just a matter of who draws the gun first.

# 122 nick_sr @ 09/07/13 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yeah, but keep in mind that the other company hasn't done anything for its next-gen title. It's not going to stay at "nothing" when one starts the marketing efforts.

At some point there will be a lot of marketing from each company, it's just a matter of who draws the gun first.
true! I'm really expecting big things from ea and 2k next year, not so much this year.

# 123 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/08/13 01:05 AM
I expect BOTH to lay out a good foundation if basketball to start Next-Gen

I know people are optimistic about EA Basketball which they should be but I don't get how People can 2K will be as good they were this gen because I remember when everybody thought Madden and NCAA were going to BEST football games on Current Gen but we know how that turned out

I understand why people Expect 2K to be better tho

# 124 nick_sr @ 01/06/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Earlier today the NBA Live 14 team hosted a Twitter chat with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes.

We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
  • Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
  • You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
  • Full featured title
  • 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Sliders are in
  • Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.
don't see sliders, put-backs or dunk packages smh

# 125 The 24th Letter @ 01/06/14 04:50 PM
I didn't know they actually said they were going to update daily...why is Kobe still on Lakers? Lol

# 126 23 @ 01/06/14 04:51 PM
Daily? Didn't they mention hourly at times

# 127 WTF @ 01/06/14 05:03 PM
Said that they'd be normally updated an hour after it had happened (real life game finalized).

# 128 Flightwhite24 @ 01/06/14 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Daily? Didn't they mention hourly at times

Yep. They have failed miserably in that dept.

Sent from my iPhone

# 129 DonWuan @ 01/07/14 12:22 AM
screw updates, that list said sliders are in.

Assuming we all thought gameplay specific sliders and not just coach stuff.

# 130 El_Poopador @ 01/07/14 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan

there are penalty sliders lol. so technically...

but yea i think we all wish we had full control of all sliders.

# 131 The 24th Letter @ 01/07/14 08:47 AM
About half of the list in the OP ended up being untrue, or debateable...

# 132 seanhazz1 @ 01/08/14 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I didn't know they actually said they were going to update daily...why is Kobe still on Lakers? Lol

I personally don't mind if injured players are still on the respective team rosters, and playable, but they should have the roster personnel correct, no excuses.

They (EA, and 2K for that matter) should have an option to play online/offline, WITH or WITHOUT existing injuries in all modes, especially online, period. Give us the choices on how we want to play the games. Thats why we buy them, to play the way we like.

If a person's favorite team's stars are injured, they will stop using their favorite team(s) online, until their favorite players return, if they return at all in many cases. We bought the game(s) to be able to play with any team/player, especially our favorites, against anyone anytime, not restricted by injuries. Who wants to be pigeon holed while playing online by rosters, when online play is not even set up for sim in either game?

Why FORCE us to play their way incorporating "sim", on top of all the other bigger issues both games are having online already.

For example: If the Heat lose D Wade AND The King, their numbers will fall from the top like a rock as the most played team online/offline, because people can't play with their favorite players. It also results in seeing the same teams over and over again in online play.

I play with the 76ers mostly, and MCW had a "skin infection" which caused the team to keep him out of the starting lineup until it was resolved (last year it was Bynum out all year). I'm sure he didn't lose speed, stamina, passing or dribbling skills but, they chopped all of his stats in the other game, to make him unplayable while keeping him on the roster....for a skin rash, even though he was listed as day-to-day, he was rated less than a guy on the IR with a season ending injury.

This example combined with the Knicks injury riddled roster, killed a head to head series between me and a good friend who plays the Knicks. We tried playing, but the matchups are so frustratingly bad, that its just not fun. We should not be forced to play in online leagues just to play with full rosters against another person online.

With all that said, yes, they should be keeping on their promise of updated daily rosters/tendencies.

# 133 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

• Full featured title
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Sliders are in

Here's the thing I've been looking for since yesterday lol.

Didn't realize they said sliders were in lol

# 134 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan

Well it took 3 years .

# 135 P-Dub @ 08/14/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Well it took 3 years .
But they did have sliders. You could slide the foul frequency between 0 and 100.

# 136 Playmakers @ 08/14/15 05:17 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread

This is a prime example of Ea hype machine

Get people excited as if big things are coming and presto nothing really changes....

That was a very impressive list but guess what i bet only 10 percent of it turned out to be true in terms of gameplay

We still got suspect animations in the game and both team-player styles is still in question for this years release.

Some one should look at that list from Ea and ask themselves have they been fully honest with the consumers

If they can come on here with straight face and say they delivered half of those things on that list I'd be shocked

# 137 nick_sr @ 08/14/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
But they did have sliders. You could slide the foul frequency between 0 and 100.
Good one lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.