Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

View all the new NBA 2K14 screenshots, featuring some of the Euroleague teams, right here.

NBA 2K14 has an exclusive multi-year global partnership with 14 of the top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. Those teams are seen below.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
This is the first time Euroleague teams will be featured in the NBA 2K series and fans can play against NBA teams. No other features have been announced for the Euroleague teams, we might see more details later today.

Source - 2K Sports' NBA 2K14 to Include Top Euroleague Basketball Teams for the First Time in the Series (Euroleague)

NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 sportjames23 @ 07/02/13 06:13 PM
About damn time. Now, all I need to know is if they're bringing Legends back. They do that, and I may get 2K14 and an Xbox One (not sure if I want to spend the money on the One just yet, but playing with MJ, Magic, Bird and past Legends on a nextgen console would push me).

# 122 thedream2k13 @ 07/02/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
About damn time. Now, all I need to know is if they're bringing Legends back. They do that, and I may get 2K14 and an Xbox One (not sure if I want to spend the money on the One just yet, but playing with MJ, Magic, Bird and past Legends on a nextgen console would push me).
after reading that EA has deal to have legends in nba live 14, i fear 2k has replaced them with Euroleague teams

# 123 RayRay34 @ 07/02/13 06:50 PM
Better still have classic teams!!

# 124 stillfeelme @ 07/02/13 07:02 PM
If Myplayer, mycareer, association doesn't involve the players in the Euroleague then this is a wasted opportunity that not many games can pull off the ability to incorporate more than one league in your career/players into transactions
  • You should be able to create a Euro born player and play in Euroleague and stash players sign players from both leagues. Or play in the Euro League if you don't make it in the NBA.
  • The D League should be in you would hope
  • Hopefully there is a Euro "insider" to keep up with the players and their teams ratings etc. because most on this site would not know the details every Euro team.
This move will get them some more European sales as I believe 2K has reached their peak sales on American markets at least on current consoles. Maybe they sell a 150K more in Europe with this as an added feature.

# 125 gottheglow83 @ 07/02/13 07:03 PM
I could really care less about having euro teams on nba 2k get more classic teams and bring back the d-league so we can use that in are mycareer and association mode i like to see a polish 2k game adding euro teams we going to lost something most of the people don't know half the these players on the euro teams

# 126 DutchMastah7 @ 07/02/13 07:05 PM
For those who think classic teams will be gone, I'm pretty sure MJ re-signed with 2K. Let me find the article. That being said, I think we might have fewer classic teams, but they won't be gone completely.

# 127 vtcrb @ 07/02/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
For those who think classic teams will be gone, I'm pretty sure MJ re-signed with 2K. Let me find the article. That being said, I think we might have fewer classic teams, but they won't be gone completely.
I thought I was crazy. Glad someone else saw he resigned. LOL

# 128 jersez @ 07/02/13 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I am thinking they will have both, I had thought I read Jordan had resigned, but I cant find it. 2k will make alot from European Customers buying the game and that should be enough to cover both Legends and Euroleague rights. I feel by including the Euroleague, 2k has opened a HUGE market for new customers. This is the start of a HUGE Global expansion for 2k in my opinion.
I agree it's a smart business decision but I was just speaking on my own personal preference.

# 129 DutchMastah7 @ 07/02/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
I thought I was crazy. Glad someone else saw he resigned. LOL
Yeah I'm looking for it right now but don't see it. Can't remember where I saw it.

# 130 sportjames23 @ 07/02/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool88
IDC too much about the classic teams , go back to showing love to the current players . Plus there is no Jordan this year anyway , his contract ran out .

BOO! to this.

And 2K shows love to current players every damn year.

# 131 QKnick @ 07/02/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
If Myplayer, mycareer, association doesn't involve the players in the Euroleague then this is a wasted opportunity that not many games can pull off the ability to incorporate more than one league in your career/players into transactions
  • You should be able to create a Euro born player and play in Euroleague and stash players sign players from both leagues. Or play in the Euro League if you don't make it in the NBA.
  • The D League should be in you would hope
  • Hopefully there is a Euro "insider" to keep up with the players and their teams ratings etc. because most on this site would not know the details every Euro team.
Let's take it a step further, maybe we can have unsigned free agents play in the Euro League while the NBA season is in session. Would be cool to see this incorporated in the game. Have these FA's raise their ratings while they remain unsigned. I would imagine FA's would play overseas instead of waiting by the phone for a contract. And I second the inclusion of D-League! Give us players more options in running a franchise!

# 132 alecast @ 07/02/13 08:27 PM
If 2k silences about the classic teams, they will most likely not be in the game. 2k has a policy of not commenting on things that are gonna be removed.
If classic teams are not in the game, there is zero chance that I`ll be buying NBA 14 this year. I will stick to GTA V all year long.

# 133 Paul316us @ 07/02/13 08:37 PM
I honestly think they will at least have James classic teams. If not like I said before the gameplay to these games gets better every year. I am hype bout these Euroleague teams. I will miss the classic teams

# 134 VDusen04 @ 07/02/13 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
If 2k silences about the classic teams, they will most likely not be in the game. 2k has a policy of not commenting on things that are gonna be removed.
If classic teams are not in the game, there is zero chance that I`ll be buying NBA 14 this year. I will stick to GTA V all year long.
Yeah, I have a hard time envisioning myself not buying 2K14 but the absence of classic teams (and some other features I enjoy that seem to have been ignored a little) definitely may leave me yearning for a new product in the future (whereas 2K has always been my choice previously).

And yes, the new GTA may provide some contentment around that time of year that I usually don't have. Maybe I'll hold off on picking 2K14 up at release date this year.

# 135 KyotoCarl @ 07/02/13 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
Still very early to speculate on classic teams. This is a new feature, it's cool they are telling us about it first. Had they just announced that classic teams are back people wouldn't have thought that was exciting enough news.

GTA and NBA 2K are two totally different games. Why is it even in the discussion?

# 136 VDusen04 @ 07/02/13 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
GTA and NBA 2K are two totally different games. Why is it even in the discussion?
For me it's due to GTA's release date. As referenced earlier, usually 2K has my full attention come release day, so it's a no-doubt pickup and focus, even if I'm kind of buying it on a wing and a prayer. This year though, the September release of GTA might be enough to quell my own 2K hype. As in, if they continue deviating from my personal interests, maybe it's not something I'll pursue immediately.

It's speculation. It's all speculation at this point. It's just the addition of 14 new teams makes me first think it may mean some other extra teams may have had to be eliminated. And the removal of classic teams would really, really bum me out.

# 137 vtcrb @ 07/02/13 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For me it's due to GTA's release date. As referenced earlier, usually 2K has my full attention come release day, so it's a no-doubt pickup and focus, even if I'm kind of buying it on a wing and a prayer. This year though, the September release of GTA might be enough to quell my own 2K hype. As in, if they continue deviating from my personal interests, maybe it's not something I'll pursue immediately.

It's speculation. It's all speculation at this point. It's just the addition of 14 new teams makes me first think it may mean some other extra teams may have had to be eliminated. And the removal of classic teams would really, really bum me out.
Lets remember NO where has ANYONE seen anything about Classic teams being REMOVED or REDUCED. Also 2k13 had Record Sales so why wouldnt they be able to keep BOTH Euroleague and ADD Classic teams. I think what people are Failing to realize is that 2k KNOWS they are going to have even BIGGER sales this year with a MAJOR boost from European buyers.

# 138 whoahello @ 07/02/13 08:57 PM
Smart move to expand the market for this game.

# 139 o Elevate o @ 07/02/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
No suggestion that it WONT be Association Mode either, we will have to wait for more info.

Do you have any idea how MANY ex Euroleague players are in the NBA? Euroleague teams are flooded with Younger guys who will be in NBA before long. As far as TRUE basketball fan statement, i mean a Global fan. You seem to be ALL about NBA and NBA is NOT the ONLY basketball Association in the World. I love the NBA, but i love watching FIBA and Euroleague basketball. It is Complete different brand of Basketball. As was proven when Team USA hit a rough patch in Early to Mid 2000s in FIBA play. 2k has realized there is MORE to basketball than the NBA and is Expanding its brand in an UNTAPPED market. Which is great because that will just bring in MORE Revenue, which will in turn mean MORE options for 2k Basketball games in the Future.
Nah dude, I totally didn't notice guys like Dirk, Manu, Pau and Marc Gasol, Ricky Rubio, etc. balling in the NBA this year LOL.

In all seriousness, I don't discredit anything you said. I'm not even saying it's a pointless addition. It's just that from what I've seen, people in the thread were acting like this was God's work or something. I don't see how this is really exciting outside of Euroleague fans (and even then, I'm sure there are more than 14 teams).

If it's integrated with Association though (and provided I actually go with 2k14 this year), then yeah, I'm interested. (Being a Bulls fan, I'd TOTALLY look forward to "amnestying" Boozer and bringing in a "real" Nikola Mirotic.)

# 140 oddnigga @ 07/02/13 09:10 PM
This should also be involved in my player, like being able to play overseas. That will definately interest me

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.