06:32 AM - July 22, 2013 by Steve_OS
Experience the emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14. Innovations to the award-winning gameplay make the game more authentic and more fun. Dictate the tempo of a match, create chances through midfield, and then unleash the perfect strike. A new feature called Pure Shot and a brand-new ball physics system will transform shooting, making every shot attempt feel real, and when players connect with the perfect strike, feel exhilarating. FIFA 14 delivers engaging online features and live services that connect fans to the heartbeat of the sport—and to each other—through EA SPORTS Football Club. FIFA 14 is football's social network, where fans connect, compete and share with millions of others. Additional features will be revealed in the months ahead.
- Precision Movement - Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real footballers. Player acceleration and deceleration is more realistic with a game-changing effect on gameplay. Players feel more grounded, agile and athletic, and manage their momentum with distinct foot plants and push-offs, bringing the authentic motion of professional footballers to FIFA 14.
- Pure Shot - Shooting has been transformed. Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel satisfying and goals are rewarding. As well as quality strikes, players can now shoot while off balance or rushed.
- Real Ball Physics - Strike the ball with more force and finesse. Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or swerving shots, just like real footballers.
- Protect The Ball - Dominate midfield and dictate the tempo of a match. Fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed. Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the pace of the match. Plus, out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the ball, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities.
- Teammate Intelligence - Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down tighter, more intelligent defences by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.
- Sprint Dribble Turns - Utilize quick, explosive cuts and turns to beat defenders one-on-one while sprinting with the ball. Players can move in any direction, preserving their natural momentum and maintaining possession of the ball.
- Variable Dribble Touches - The First Touch Control of dribbling varies a player’s touch when dribbling with pace. Skilled players have the touch and control to stand out while less skilled players will experience fewer perfect touches and more uncertainty dribbling, creating opportunities for defenders to win back possession, and placing emphasis on building play through midfield.
- FIFA Ultimate Team - Create your own unique squad to play your style of football. Ultimate customization is possible with all-new Chemistry Styles that make every player and every team unique. Like real-world football, chemistry influences a team’s performance so building ideal chemistry within a squad enables a team to perform at its best. Each Chemistry Style has a unique effect on the way a player performs by enhancing different player attributes. There are a variety of different styles that can be applied at every position. After crafting squads, fans will be able to test their talents in the popular Seasons mode—now expanded to 10 divisions— or in online single games and tournaments. Plus, new streamlined search filters will help target coveted players in the Transfer Market as fans re-shape their teams based on the real-world performances of their favorite players.
- Skill Games - A competitive practice mode that enable players to learn or master the fundamental skills necessary to compete at FIFA 14. Become a better player, faster, no matter what your skill level, competing against yourself or friends in all-new mini-games.
- Career Mode - Search for talent year-round with the new Global Transfer Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. Develop and refine your own scouting network. Evaluate footballers to uncover the attributes of players who could bolster your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.
- Complete Authenticity - Over 30 leagues, more than 600 clubs and 16,000 players.
- What's new in FIFA 14: Ultimate Team (EA Sports)
- FUT 14 Details & Images (FSB)
- FUT 14 Producer Tour (Plenty of videos) (YouTube)
- FIFA 14 Ultimate Team - First Details (Futhead)
- New FIFA Ultimate Team 14 adds player chemistry styles (Eurogamer)
- FIFA 14: Chemistry Styles Introduced to Ultimate Team (IGN)