Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

We sit OS's Baseball Beat writer Caley Roark down for a little fact or fiction. Caley addresses topics such as whether we'll see a baseball game on Microsoft's consoles next year to whether the Pirates will sustain their first half performance on into the playoffs.

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: Baseball's Midseason Edition

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 boomhauertjs @ 07/24/13 03:25 PM
I can't understand why MS (who owns the IP for it) wouldn't release an XBL version of High Heat with enhanced graphics and updated rosters.

I won't be surprised if we get (at least on current gen consoles) another year of MLB 2k, which will be a $60 roster update.

# 2 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 07/24/13 03:37 PM
Im so glad im going to be getting the ps4 and will finally be able to play the show.

# 3 CRoman513 @ 07/24/13 03:38 PM
I'd really hate to not have a baseball game next year. I don't plan on buying the new consoles upon their launch dates since the quality of games wont be there just yet.

Looks like I'm leaning towards the new Playstation though. I'm a BIG baseball fan

# 4 braves_94 @ 07/24/13 03:41 PM
The Bravos have also been making due with an injury problem second only to the Yankees. (Uptons, Heyward, McCann, and Gattis have all spent time on the DL. And now it's Schaffer and Maholm. Dodgers have been on for the past month as well.

# 5 bwright25 @ 07/25/13 07:48 AM
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!

# 6 Guapo516 @ 07/25/13 11:01 AM
Reinstate Pete Rose!

# 7 CPRoark @ 07/25/13 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
In a perfect world, we would see MLB The Show mixed with MLB 2K. The two would give us everything we need essentially. The depth and customization on 2k and the graphics of the show. That being said, I believe ppl are truly deluded in belief that The Show is a SIM of real baseball. It's dry, there are no dynasty updates, and batting isn't real. however the 2k version has enough to offer if you detest the look. I'm so shocked at the amount of hate 2k gets. These same ppl gate ea sports for making graphically pleasing games year after year. The Show looks great, but the amount of depth in the dynasty is lackluster. The accessories are minimal, the trade feature is lacking, the salary is off. List goes on. They still didn't put in the braided necklaces. At least 2k gives you options to play with.

I believe if 2K makes a game that looks close to the Basketball, they will top the Show. Hands down.
Just curious: what would you do to improve The Show's gameplay? I agree that more could be added to Franchise mode, but I'll stick to the fact that gameplay-wise, The Show is tops.

# 8 Madden's Jowels @ 07/25/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
I would leave the look, feel, and gameplay as is, save the batting physics. Now, I'm not the analog stick swinger. No time for that. Just plug and play. But the batting for the last 3 yrs has been nerve wrecking.

Doesn't like the batting physics for 'timing' mode.

Refuses to use the much more intuitive, smooth and natural feeling 'pure analog' mode because, "no time for that."

Gotcha.

# 9 Madden's Jowels @ 07/25/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Come on man really!!!!!! Lol. The X button is easy. It's simple, but outside of that I'm buggin?

Tell me you play 162 games? Plus playoffs if you make it.....

Please. Keep it 100% n b fair.

I paid for the game bruiser.

What are you talking about? I only mentioned the fact that you don't use the analog swing, nothing about playing 162 games.

Using the pure analog swing takes literally zero extra time, so saying "no time for that" isn't an excuse lol.

It produces a much more natural, smooth feeling when trying to time your swing, it also makes it much easier to check your swing. You should give it a shot.

# 10 Knight165 @ 07/25/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Come on man really!!!!!! Lol. The X button is easy. It's simple, but outside of that I'm buggin?

Tell me you play 162 games? Plus playoffs if you make it.....

Please. Keep it 100% n b fair.

I paid for the game bruiser.
To be honest...you're all over the place.
You say it was the gameplay.....then you tell CPR that you just hit timing(which is mostly ratings...no other game counts ratings as much in it's timing hitting...it doesn't get more "sim" than that).....and go on to rant about presentation which has little if none to do with "sim" gaming in which anyone who thinks The Show is....is "deluded"(um...okay)
But you're most compelling point has to be that braided necklaces aren't in the game.
How the heck can it be sim!?

M.K.
Knight165

# 11 Ban_Irl @ 07/30/13 03:52 PM
Fact of Fiction? How about speculation? I'm confused by the title

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.