Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Kyrie Irving revealed on his Twitter feed that he is the cover athlete for NBA Live 14. Not really a surprise announcement, since he has been featured in everything that has been shown, including the EA Games E3 presentation and the BounceTEK demo during the show. We have posted the official press release below.

What are your thoughts on the brief in-game footage?

EA SPORTS Unveils Official NBA LIVE 14 Cover Featuring Kyrie Irving

Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star Point Guard Ushers in Next Generation for Franchise

Today Electronic Arts Inc. announced that Kyrie Irving will be the official cover athlete of NBA LIVE 14 when the game launches this fall on the Xbox One® console, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Irving was named the 2011-12 NBA Rookie of the Year and was a unanimous choice to the 2012 NBA All-Rookie First Team. He was also named an NBA All-Star in 2013 and is the reigning Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout champion.

“I’m so proud to be the face of this franchise as it makes its much-anticipated return,” Irving said. “I’ve been on the court with the development team and I’ve seen first-hand some of the amazing things EA SPORTS is doing with NBA LIVE 14. The fans are going to love it.”

“We couldn’t imagine a better cover athlete for our game than the dynamic, explosive Kyrie Irving,” added Daryl Holt, VP and GM of Basketball for EA SPORTS. “Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league, and with our next-generation technology we can arm players with the ability to replicate his impressive on-court feats, as well as the amazing signature styles and abilities of other pros in NBA LIVE 14.”

NBA LIVE 14 gives fans the chance to control the court with revolutionary new bounceTek ball physics, providing a level of control and precision never before seen in a basketball video game. Additionally, with the power of EA SPORTS IGNITE, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver True Player Motion, Human Intelligence and Living Worlds to the hardwood. More details on NBA LIVE 14, including information on game modes, features and more, will be coming soon.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/25/13 12:13 PM
Video Said actual in-game footage . Nice!

# 2 MattyEdgeworth @ 07/25/13 12:16 PM
Yeah looks good

# 3 Nathan_OS @ 07/25/13 12:17 PM
That mouth movement did not look good to me at all. Might just be me though.

Other than that though, graphics looked phenomenal.

And also, is it me, or did those calves look HUGE? Lol.

# 4 nick_sr @ 07/25/13 12:18 PM
Cant wait! Wish october was next month! #WeAreLive

# 5 nick_sr @ 07/25/13 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
That mouth movement did not look good to me at all. Might just be me though.

Other than that though, graphics looked phenomenal.

And also, is it me, or did those calves look HUGE? Lol.
Here we go lol. Lets se more before we critique the game

# 6 Jrocc23 @ 07/25/13 12:28 PM
Looks too smooth to be in-game footage. I'll have to wait and see. Can't wait to see actual 5 on 5 gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 7 egis123 @ 07/25/13 12:52 PM
Looks great.Gamescom come faster, i want to see nba live14 5on5 and nba 2k14 5on5

# 8 jersez @ 07/25/13 12:54 PM
Man the fluidity in his movements looks so real, I can't wait to see some 5 on 5 gameplay. Next gen needs to hurry up.

# 9 Conda @ 07/25/13 12:55 PM
So what's EA's definition of in-game? This looks pre-rendered.

# 10 bigeastbumrush @ 07/25/13 01:00 PM
Very impressive..

# 11 TheLetterZ @ 07/25/13 01:11 PM
Not sure in what universe five seconds of video counts as an "in-game footage trailer."

# 12 grodbetatted @ 07/25/13 01:13 PM
Some people will never be satisfied, but it actually does look very fluid and if this bouncetek is anything like its supposed to be along with other areas of the game, 2k may be in trouble... BUT we won't know until both games release in game footage

# 13 TreyIM2 @ 07/25/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Cant wait! Wish october was next month! #WeAreLive
Uhh, u have to wait a lil longer. Releasing whenever the next gen consoles release and that won't be in October. Most likely November.

As for the vid, nice. The eyes looked a lil off in their movements but other than that, the animation is straight water!! I preordered this the day I preordered my PS4. More interested in how all this announced tech is going to come together and Live is the underdog so this is definitely more intriguing to me than 2K14, although I'm copping that, too.

# 14 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 07/25/13 01:25 PM
Only problem I have is that he double dribbled.lol.
In all seriousness ( even though Im serious about that double dribble ) The cloth textures obviously look great and the player models look 100 times better than the pre rendered stuff. Everything looks smooth as well. Im excited to see more than 5 seconds of someone walking up court but its a good tease.

# 15 Behindshadows @ 07/25/13 01:25 PM
Two Things

1. Duh!!! We already knew he was..

2. This s..t looks amazing!!! Actual in game footage....wow!!!! Mine already paid, so I'm ready for October.

# 16 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/25/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conda
So what's EA's definition of in-game? This looks pre-rendered.
this looks better than the pre-rendered trailer

# 17 ForeverVersatile @ 07/25/13 01:30 PM
You guys get fooled so easy, this was pre-rendered. 1. You won't be talking on the court. 2. Only 1 Player on the court and that's not practice mode. 3. Let's see someone do that move with 10 players on the court.

# 18 ForeverVersatile @ 07/25/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
this looks better than the pre-rendered trailer
Your talking about the trailer they used all CGI..but this was pre-rendered in engine.

# 19 grodbetatted @ 07/25/13 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
You guys get fooled so easy, this was pre-rendered. 1. You won't be talking on the court. 2. Only 1 Player on the court and that's not practice mode. 3. Let's see someone do that move with 10 players on the court.
your name has 2k in it... i consider your argument invalid..

# 20 ForeverVersatile @ 07/25/13 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
your name has 2k in it... i consider your argument invalid..
What year did I join OS, let's see 2011 which eqauls 2K11 so your brain is invalid.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.