Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Joystiq has posted a list of every player with the "clutch trait" in Madden NFL 25, most of which are the same as last year.

Looking at the list below, who do you think should be added or removed?
  • CB Darrelle Revis (TB)
  • CB Champ Bailey (DEN)
  • FS Eric Weddle (SD)
  • FS Ed Reed (HOU)
  • FS Charles Woodson (OAK)
  • HB Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
  • HB Ray Rice (BAL)
  • HB Frank Gore (SF)
  • HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
  • K Rob Bironas (TEN)
  • K Adam Vinatieri (IND)
  • K Matt Prater (DEN)
  • LT Joe Thomas (CLE)
  • MLB Patrick Willis (SF)
  • MLB Derrick Johnson (KC)
  • QB Aaron Rodgers (GB)
  • QB Tom Brady (NE)
  • QB Peyton Manning (DEN)
  • QB Drew Brees (NO)
  • QB Joe Flacco (BAL)
  • QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
  • QB Eli Manning (NYG)
  • QB Tim Tebow (NE)
  • RE Justin Smith (SF)
  • RE DeMarcus Ware (DAL)
  • RE Jared Allen (MIN)
  • ROLB Clay Matthews (GB)
  • SS Troy Polamalu (PIT)
  • TE Jimmy Graham (NO)
  • TE Antonio Gates (SD)
  • WR Calvin Johnson Jr. (DET)
  • WR Andre Johnson (HOU)
  • WR Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
  • WR Steve Smith (CAR)
  • WR Anquan Boldin (SF)
  • WR Santonio Holmes (NYJ)
  • WR Mario Manningham (SF)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 KBLover @ 07/26/13 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Take Revis, he is an amazing cornerback, arguably the best in the league, but does he make his defense play better or make that 4th quarter stop to seal the game?
Is that because he sucks in the 4th quarter or no offense is going to challenge him in a key situation unless forced or he somehow epic fails and the QB can't help but to burn him?

# 82 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Romo might be clutch in games that dont matter, he has ruined the cowboys chances for a championship how many years now.
How has Tony Romo ruined the Cowboys chances for a championship individually? The whole team ruined their chances for a championship not just Romo. Romo has been above average the last few seasons. I don't think the Cowboys would do any better with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Jerry Jones is the REAL person who ruined the Cowboys superbowl chances not Romo

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

# 83 nwfdwill @ 07/26/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
How has Tony Romo ruined the Cowboys chances for a championship individually? The whole team ruined their chances for a championship not just Romo. Romo has been above average the last few seasons. I don't think the Cowboys would do any better with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Jerry Jones is the REAL person who ruined the Cowboys superbowl chances not Romo

Sorry but I have to disagree. I'm probably one of the biggest Cowboy bashers around, and can't agree that Romo is completely the problem. Are his inconsistencies a factor in their lack of success? Yes, but it's pretty impossible to have success with a poor running game and o-line problems. Add those two things to poor game management from the coaching staff, and you have the bulk of the problems covered for Dallas.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 84 bigdfan76 @ 07/26/13 10:19 PM
Antonio Gates is clutch and Jason Witten isn't? Really? Don't get me wrong Jimmy Graham is a beast but Witten and Gonzalez aren't clutch? BS!

# 85 nwfdwill @ 07/27/13 05:13 AM
I definitely quoted the wrong person for my post above.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

# 86 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 07/27/13 07:19 AM
How Matt Ryan isn't considered clutch is laughable.

# 87 Gronk4M13 @ 07/27/13 08:42 AM
CB Darrelle Revis (TB): Coming off an injury, he probably won't be the same player he used to be
CB Champ Bailey (DEN) : Watch the divisional game against the Ravens. Torrey Smith burned Bailey in coverage time and time again. I wouldn't call that clutch.
FS Eric Weddle (SD) : Not very familiar with Weddle. Can't say if he deserves a place on this list.
FS Ed Reed (HOU) : See Darrelle Revis
FS Charles Woodson (OAK) : Not sure how I feel about Woodson on this list, he wasn't on the field a lot last year.
HB Marshawn Lynch (SEA) : I'm ok with this. Lynch is a beast.
HB Ray Rice (BAL) : Even as a huge Ravens fan, I don't think Rice is clutch. Too fumble prone in the clutch.
HB Frank Gore (SF): Not very familiar with Gore. Can't say if he's clutch.
HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX) : Used to be a beast, but was hurt most of last season.
K Rob Bironas (TEN): See Frank Gore.
K Adam Vinatieri (IND) : See Rob Bironas
K Matt Prater (DEN) : See Adam Vinatieri.
LT Joe Thomas (CLE) : I know he's a good lineman, not sure about in the clutch.
MLB Patrick Willis (SF) : Yes, awesome MLB, in the clutch as well.
MLB Derrick Johnson (KC) : See Frank Gore.
QB Aaron Rodgers (GB) : Yes, elite QB, steps up when needed.
QB Tom Brady (NE) : After the Conference Championship loss to the Ravens, I don't know. Brady is an elite QB in the regular season, but in the post season recently? I don't think so.
QB Peyton Manning (DEN):Yes, elite QB but see Tom Brady
QB Drew Brees (NO) : Ok with this, he steps up when needed in the clutch.
QB Joe Flacco (BAL) : Amazing play off and post season run, but not sure about regular season.
QB Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) : Injury prone but yes, clutch.
QB Eli Manning (NYG) : IMO, had an up and down season.
QB Tim Tebow (NE): No....just no.

# 88 elementz09 @ 07/27/13 12:07 PM
How do you NOT have Brandon Marshall on here? Smh.

# 89 Luck911 @ 07/27/13 02:00 PM
MJD is clutch,If you watch his career he has history of breaking big runs to put his team in position to win,Now this doesn't happening as often as should because he is on bad team but he shows up in big games,Being injured would not take his rating away or being a bad team.

AP and Matt Ryan should have a clutch rating (but you can make an argument against Ryan because of playoff record),Champ Bailey has burnt quite a bit of recent so i don't think he should have a clutch rating.I don't mind Joe Thomas it would be interesting to see some numbers for him,He does not give up sacks at clutch time,He gets a pancake block in clutch? I like the idea of a Clutch O-line man,I think it is silly people don't think lineman could be clutch.

# 90 ghm125 @ 07/27/13 02:14 PM
should be one player from each team! just saying....wares my dude A.J Greene

# 91 MeereZMar @ 07/27/13 02:46 PM
Matt Ryan Is Clutch,, You Can Try To Argue The Playoffs But It's A Team Sport You Know. He Cant Account For Everything

Matt Bryant - Kicker Is Clutch He Saved Atlanta Alot Throughout The Years
Tony G- Catches Anything In Traffic When Needed
Asante Samuel - Could Be Getting Burned All Game, But When Needed Them Zone Picks Come In Handy
Roddy White- Same As Tony G

# 92 CR3AMnCR1MS0N @ 07/27/13 03:04 PM
Add Tony Romo!!! He's sure made some big plays for the Giants, Redskins and Eagles in the big moment the past few years!

Ok don't add Tony, but do add Andrew Luck. A lot of the colts wins last year came on game-winning drives (vs Packers, @Lions for example). This kid is THE REAL DEAL!

# 93 buckeyes70087 @ 07/27/13 06:15 PM
how should Tebow not be on the List? He has won a lot of games and his clutch. He beat the steelers in OT and took a 1-4 team to the playoffs. His style not perfect but he wins and wins in big games. That's clutch. Stop whining you act as if this list of Clutch players will help that team win more games or something. It's a team game O-Line still needs to block and QB's still need to play mistake free football. these Clutch players won't help these teams in madden win games all of a sudden. The user behind the sticks will.

# 94 footballman @ 07/27/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I think its way too many people. Plus, just like with their ratings Madden seems to never let go of previous star players or players who were hurt the previous year.

I think it took them like 3/4 years to finally make Chris Johnson below 90.

I would remove:

All Linemen - not sure how they are clutch
Jones Drew
Weddle
Tebow
Woodson (Loved him as a player, but he was barely signed this off-season)
Holmes
Mannigham
Steve Smith
Bailey (still decent Cb, but past his prime)
nah you gotta keep steve smith...

# 95 infemous @ 07/28/13 12:12 PM
The real issue is how the Clutch rating is activated.

For some reason being down 7 points with 3 minutes remaining doesn't mean clutch players step up but exactly 1 minute later they all of a sudden understand the situation and step up and become godly?

The feature is broken. It should be something that is attributed to a player after a string of clutch performances, used to help teams determine their overall worth to the team.

QBs are way too overpowered when given the clutch rating. It literally affects almost every player on their team for the better. Meanwhile other clutch players are only gradually improved.

Also, having 'clutch' but no 'choke artist' rating imbalances the game. There needs to be an opposite for the same reasons the clutch rating is in the game.

Personally though, I don't believe a trait such as clutch should have such a drastic effect because clutch is attributed to playoff games, OT, final drives, 3rd and 4th downs etc. etc.

To have the clutch rating only activate itself within 2 minutes, it misses the point and is yet another 'gloss' addition that can be used for marketing purposes.

# 96 TomBo24 @ 07/28/13 01:43 PM
Seriously? No Andrew Luck? Dude tied the record for most game-winning drives for a rookie and was one of the top QB's in the league in that category. I know I'm biased, but this is a joke..

# 97 juggalotusx @ 07/28/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18

Who always fumbles the ball or throws a pick when they need a win The QB, who botched the handle of the football a few years ago for the kick romo.
Who does jerry jone keep payinga ton of money to for being a average qb romo. You think aikmen would have been that bad with this team, hell no.. There is more than enough talent on that team but romo is not one of them..

# 98 coogrfan @ 07/28/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Who always fumbles the ball or throws a pick when they need a win The QB, who botched the handle of the football a few years ago for the kick romo.
Who does jerry jone keep payinga ton of money to for being a average qb romo. You think aikmen would have been that bad with this team, hell no.. There is more than enough talent on that team but romo is not one of them..
"More than enough talent to win"? In Dallas?

Someone hasn't been paying attention recently.

# 99 d11king @ 07/28/13 08:29 PM
Sorry for the off-topicness but I just can't take it anymore. Stop blaming Romo!!!

Spoiler

# 100 N51_rob @ 07/28/13 09:39 PM
Please get back on topic. The real life merits of Romo can be talked about elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.