Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Yahoo has provided a glimpse of the NBA 2K14 soundtrack. Ronnie mentioned the entire list should be on Spotify later today.

Quote:
Some of the songs featured on the game's soundtrack are Drake's "Started From The Bottom," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, Jada Kiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.

UPDATE: Press Release and Spotify link added below.

2K Sports today revealed the complete track list for NBA® 2K14, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Personally selected by the game’s cover athlete and two-time NBA Champion, LeBron James, the soundtrack boasts an eclectic mix of hip-hop, rock, and classic pop that is sure to get players ready for tip-off. Fans who want to listen to the soundtrack in advance of the game’s release on October 1st can stream the complete list on the NBA 2K14 Spotify page.

"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who successfully defended the Miami Heat's world championship in the NBA Finals, while winning his second straight NBA Finals MVP award. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."

Track list:
  • Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
  • Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
  • Coldplay, Lost!
  • Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
  • Drake, Started From The Bottom
  • Eminem, Not Afraid
  • Fly Union, Long Run
  • Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
  • Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
  • Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
  • Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
  • John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
  • Kanye West, All Of The Lights
  • Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
  • Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
  • Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
  • Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
  • The Black Keys, Elevator
  • The Black Keys, Howlin For You
Click here for the Spotify link.

The soundtrack will be available on both PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 systems; the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and PC.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
http://news.yahoo.com/lebron-serves-...130446077.html

Ronnie mentioned the entire list should be on Spotify later today.
Oh great! Why did they have to put songs in I heard like a million times on the radio before? I'll get sick of them right away. I think i'm gonna mute this soundtrack right away. I hope this list is fake. I'd rather hear a Susan Boyle song on the soundtrack than '' get lucky '' lol. We need 2k to choose the soundtracks again. They chose GREAT soundtracks for 2k10 and 2k11. The last 2 year's soundtracks are on a decline cuz of Jay-Z and LeBron

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

# 2 BallIsLife2 @ 07/26/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Oh great! Why did they have to put songs in I heard like a million times on the radio before? I'll get sick of them right away. I think i'm gonna mute this soundtrack right away. I hope this list is fake. I'd rather hear a Susan Boyle song on the soundtrack than '' get lucky '' lol. We need 2k to choose the soundtracks again. They chose GREAT soundtracks for 2k10 and 2k11. The last 2 year's soundtracks are on a decline cuz of Jay-Z and LeBron

Wow. Such hate for a soundtrack when we don't even know which songs are actually in the game.

# 3 cthurt @ 07/26/13 11:20 AM
What happened to the days where you were just suprised with what music was in the game once you bought it, I dont know about anyone else but music i can download on my ipod wont make me want to buy 2k anymore then i already do. but i guess some news is better then nothing.

# 4 MarvinOida @ 07/26/13 11:27 AM
Ok I feel like we'll get diversity after seeing PHIL COLLINS. "Can't Hold Us" vs "Wing$" and took the more pump up -ready song. Lets see, "Get Lucky" is here. So that's like cool, Imagine Dragons was mentioned, most likely "Radioactive" so yippie, a soundtrack that sounds at the very least decent.

4 Ideas:
-Robin Thicke = "Blurred Lines" (its LeBron, so...)
-Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
-Coldplay - "Clocks"
-Eminem - "Lose Yourself" or "Not Afraid"

# 5 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
Wow. Such hate for a soundtrack when we don't even know which songs are actually in the game.
We were just told like 5 songs that were in the game and I heard most of them on the radio a million times and i'll get sick of em in a week.

# 6 ForeverVersatile @ 07/26/13 11:42 AM
Not bad, waiting to see the full list.

# 7 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/26/13 11:42 AM
Started from the bottom nooooo that song is already annoying. A whole year of it.

# 8 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Ok I feel like we'll get diversity after seeing PHIL COLLINS. "Can't Hold Us" vs "Wing$" and took the more pump up -ready song. Lets see, "Get Lucky" is here. So that's like cool, Imagine Dragons was mentioned, most likely "Radioactive" so yippie, a soundtrack that sounds at the very least decent.

4 Ideas:
-Robin Thicke = "Blurred Lines" (its LeBron, so...)
-Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
-Coldplay - "Clocks"
-Eminem - "Lose Yourself" or "Not Afraid"
The problem is most people heard these songs like a million times on the radio before and will get sick of them in a week. It is good diversity though. LeBron should of picked songs that weren't currently popular though. I wish they would put " Nothing but a G thing " and " Scenario " in 2k14. It would be better if they had more classics in the soundtrack instead of current songs

# 9 MarvinOida @ 07/26/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
The problem is most people heard these songs like a million times on the radio before and will get sick of them in a week. It is good diversity though. LeBron should of picked songs that weren't currently popular though. I wish they would put " Nothing but a G thing " and " Scenario " in 2k14. It would be better if they had more classics in the soundtrack instead of current songs

It's without a doubt better than 2K13s soundtrack. I rather have what we have this year than next year, and if I get annoyed in the future, I got the OSTs from 2K10 and 2K11 ready to be streamed on Wi-Fi.

# 10 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
It's without a doubt better than 2K13s soundtrack. I rather have what we have this year than next year, and if I get annoyed in the future, I got the OSTs from 2K10 and 2K11 ready to be streamed on Wi-Fi.
Yeah it's definitely better than 2k 13's soundtrack but I hope I don't get sick of it in a week.

# 11 Rensational14 @ 07/26/13 12:04 PM
I guess everyone could already figure LeBron having a crappy taste of music and putting this mainstream BS in

# 12 MavsManiac4Life @ 07/26/13 12:06 PM
This.......this is good.

# 13 Redskinsfan26 @ 07/26/13 12:08 PM
I'm just happy we're getting kendrick lamar

# 14 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensational14
I guess everyone could already figure LeBron having a crappy taste of music and putting this mainstream BS in
He should've put some classic rap and rock songs in the soundtrack instead of songs I heard a million times before but maybe next year's soundtrack will have classics if 2k chooses them

# 15 The Lob Mob @ 07/26/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
He should've put some classic rap and rock songs in the soundtrack instead of songs I heard a million times before but maybe next year's soundtrack will have classics if 2k chooses them

I agree. Mix some classic rock, classic hip hop, & some original songs made FOR the game...

# 16 Chrisksaint @ 07/26/13 12:35 PM
I like it minus Drake, glad to see some Eminem.

# 17 mrKfresh @ 07/26/13 12:56 PM
Who listens to the radio anymore? Cmon guys.. but yes i agree the soundtrack will get old pretty quick.

# 18 Gman 18 @ 07/26/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
I agree. Mix some classic rock, classic hip hop, & some original songs made FOR the game...
Yeah they should do that. What ever happened to the songs artists made specifically for the game such as "champion" by the game and " nba 2k11 " by Snoop Dogg? 2k needs to bring em back

# 19 PJBrownHeat @ 07/26/13 01:00 PM
good music !!!

# 20 Norris_Cole @ 07/26/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I dont know about anyone else but music i can download on my ipod wont make me want to buy 2k anymore then i already do
Whoever buys a basketball game because of the soundtrack really has a problem

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.