Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Yahoo has provided a glimpse of the NBA 2K14 soundtrack. Ronnie mentioned the entire list should be on Spotify later today.

Quote:
Some of the songs featured on the game's soundtrack are Drake's "Started From The Bottom," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Can't Hold Us," with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, Jada Kiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.

UPDATE: Press Release and Spotify link added below.

2K Sports today revealed the complete track list for NBA® 2K14, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Personally selected by the game’s cover athlete and two-time NBA Champion, LeBron James, the soundtrack boasts an eclectic mix of hip-hop, rock, and classic pop that is sure to get players ready for tip-off. Fans who want to listen to the soundtrack in advance of the game’s release on October 1st can stream the complete list on the NBA 2K14 Spotify page.

"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who successfully defended the Miami Heat's world championship in the NBA Finals, while winning his second straight NBA Finals MVP award. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."

Track list:
  • Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
  • Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
  • Coldplay, Lost!
  • Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
  • Drake, Started From The Bottom
  • Eminem, Not Afraid
  • Fly Union, Long Run
  • Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
  • Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
  • Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
  • Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
  • John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
  • Kanye West, All Of The Lights
  • Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
  • Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
  • Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
  • Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
  • The Black Keys, Elevator
  • The Black Keys, Howlin For You
Click here for the Spotify link.

The soundtrack will be available on both PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 systems; the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and PC.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Phreezy P @ 07/26/13 03:03 PM
Go back to the last post on page 1 (or 4) to see the whole thing

# 42 d11king @ 07/26/13 03:11 PM
When I get home from the mignifnt launch at 12:13, by 12:13 'Started From the Bottom' will be turned off and my settings will be saved immediately. Good job LeBron

# 43 _-King-_ @ 07/26/13 03:18 PM
Everything is leading me to believe that this will be the first 2K game I don't purchase since 2K9. I'm not getting next gen systems right away and it seems like the PS3 version is pretty much going to stay the same (Association needs a serious update). GTA V is coming out anyway which will probably consume all my gaming time. To top things off they let Lebaron put together this mess. The songs look alright on the surface, but 2K soundtracks were the best when they introduced me to new good music.

I remember being exciting about 2K13's soundtrack then after a week I had to play the game on mute because I was so sick of every song on there. Half of these songs are going to be worn out before the game is even released. You get two of the best artists around right now, and somehow pick arguably the two worst songs of their career. Now or Never and Cool 2 Be Southern??? Top it off with Not Afraid and some Macklemore and you have yourself a masterpiece of ****ery. In The Air Tonight is perfect for the game and the Fly Union song is what the whole soundtrack should be like. Get Lucky might not ever get old, but the rest of the soundtrack is ehhhhh.

And thanks to the guy who posted all of those videos. Now this page takes forever to load.

# 44 cb1115 @ 07/26/13 03:20 PM
Pretty dope soundtrack. LeBron did a solid job.

# 45 Xixak @ 07/26/13 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-King-_
Everything is leading me to believe that this will be the first 2K game I don't purchase since 2K9. I'm not getting next gen systems right away and it seems like the PS3 version is pretty much going to stay the same (Association needs a serious update). GTA V is coming out anyway which will probably consume all my gaming time. To top things off they let Lebaron put together this mess. The songs look alright on the surface, but 2K soundtracks were the best when they introduced me to new good music.

I remember being exciting about 2K13's soundtrack then after a week I had to play the game on mute because I was so sick of every song on there. Half of these songs are going to be worn out before the game is even released. You get two of the best artists around right now, and somehow pick arguably the two worst songs of their career. Now or Never and Cool 2 Be Southern??? Top it off with Not Afraid and some Macklemore and you have yourself a masterpiece of ****ery. In The Air Tonight is perfect for the game and the Fly Union song is what the whole soundtrack should be like. Get Lucky might not ever get old, but the rest of the soundtrack is ehhhhh.

And thanks to the guy who posted all of those videos. Now this page takes forever to load.
Holy crap stop complaining.

# 46 _-King-_ @ 07/26/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xixak
Holy crap stop complaining.
I'm just expressing my opinion, you know, like what a message board is for?

You're the one complaining about me doing so.

# 47 NINJAK2 @ 07/26/13 03:32 PM
2k14 will have custom soundtracks right?

# 48 Ionowut @ 07/26/13 03:40 PM
Yet another underwhelming soundtrack.

# 49 Chrisksaint @ 07/26/13 03:53 PM
It's a solid soundtrack, I mean surely you didn't think that Lebron and 2K would get underground artists/song again.

Either way no matter the songs I'll be bored of it in a few weeks of play

# 50 MacksHeadroom @ 07/26/13 04:27 PM
Im not sure what I expected. Im not going to call the soundtrack bad but this is the first time I have felt I needed a custom soundtrack.

# 51 raiderphantom @ 07/26/13 04:27 PM
From Shook ones last year to Jadakiss - Can't stop me...yessss

# 52 kjjnesb @ 07/26/13 04:40 PM
Personally I like the soundtrack but I really wish 2K would have added 10 to 15 underground songs on top the current soundtrack as well. Just for the sake diversity that people seem to desire and they can't be that expensive to license.

I do appreciate the variation in artist though. 2K13 had 6 Jay Z tracks and 4 tracks with Kanye which was too much.... I really do think sports games should have Fifa sized soundtracks ultimately imo

# 53 PPerfect_CJ @ 07/26/13 04:56 PM
This is actually not bad. I was terrified of what he would pick, but apparently LeBron has okay taste. Lol! Just happy that it wasn't ALL rap this year.

# 54 Greekcian @ 07/26/13 05:09 PM
I really feel like 2k approached Lebron to create the soundtrack and while he was being all excited and thinking about the possibilities his agent walked in to tell him: "You've got a very family-friendly image right now which we worked very hard for to get, please don't mess that up with this soundtrack"

# 55 raiderphantom @ 07/26/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _-King-_

[b]And thanks to the guy who posted all of those videos. Now this page takes forever to load[\B].
Really? Wow...

# 56 xx13cloud @ 07/26/13 05:20 PM
Wow Drake are u kiddin me... so no good rap like 2pac, bone thugs, biggie.. yeah ill probably turn off most of the music on it like i did with 2k13 music

# 57 Khaos_Kiwi @ 07/26/13 05:58 PM
What! I love Kendrick Lamar but he chose Now or Never!? Out of all the tracks on the M.A.A.D. City album he chose that one.
Instead of:

-The Recipe
-Money Trees
-M.A.A.D. City
-Backstreet Freestyle
-Swimming Pools

I just don't get it man...

My only hope is that 2k offers Custom Soundtracks.

# 58 titans321 @ 07/26/13 06:11 PM
NBA Live it is.

# 59 Phreezy P @ 07/26/13 06:20 PM
^

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
What! I love Kendrick Lamar but he chose Now or Never!? Out of all the tracks on the M.A.A.D. City album he chose that one.
Instead of:

-The Recipe Deals with drugs
-Money Trees Also has fairly suggestive themes "The one in front of the gun is forever"
-M.A.A.D. City Has to do with killing people at some points
-Backstreet Freestyle "I want my **** as big as the Eiffel Tower" It'd be heavily censored
-Swimming Pools Alcohol

I just don't get it man...

My only hope is that 2k offers Custom Soundtracks.
I love Kendrick, but Now or Never was the cleanest song on his album that could somewhat do with basketball.

# 60 512fm @ 07/26/13 06:31 PM
I don't actually mind a lot of the songs on the list (its already far better than 2k13), I will admit though I did really enjoy the 2k10 and 2k11 soundtracks as you discovered music that you had never heard before. But you can't blame 2k because as someone said earlier in the thread they have so much more money to spend now, they are going to spend it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.