Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 urlacher51 @ 07/30/13 02:32 PM
Wow, so far by what the videos show Madden 25 game play doesn't look any different then Madden 13 game play. Now maybe when the demo comes out the game play might be different. But as of now i have to say NCAA has the better graphics and game play, i mean just look at the videos between Madden 25 and NCAA 14, the colors pop more on NCAA compared to Madden. I just feel underwhelmed when watching the game play of the videos. Like others have said it just looks lifeless and soulless.

# 82 Indyboy180 @ 07/30/13 03:03 PM
Are intros gonna be like that for all game modes?

They were cool but lengthy.

# 83 DeuceDouglas @ 07/30/13 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
Are intros gonna be like that for all game modes?

They were cool but lengthy.
I'm guessing only Primetime and Playoff games. That's why I'm more okay with how long they are because more than likely you won't be playing too many primetime games throughout a season so it makes them that much more special.

# 84 DaveDQ @ 07/30/13 03:36 PM
There is so much you can do with pregame introduction. Instead, EA hires companies like Troika to get the professionalism you see from broadcasts like ESPN etc., and while the visuals are there, EA's side leaves much to be desired.

The inevitable "button through" will happen because it is static instead of dynamic. Imagine a season game where the introduction calls out specific players and their season achievements thus far, stats etc.

It would be very much like how 2K handled the halftime shows for NFL 2K5 (I don't intend to beat a dead horse).

But that's why I say Madden 25 is the bookend to a very stale and lifeless generation of football gaming. It sums up the frustrations of many. They had a chance and they blew it.

# 85 Indyboy180 @ 07/30/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm guessing only Primetime and Playoff games. That's why I'm more okay with how long they are because more than likely you won't be playing too many primetime games throughout a season so it makes them that much more special.
Ah that makes much more sense. Maybe the Super Bowl gets a cool intro this year. I'm torn on Madden 25. I'd dive right into Owner Mode but I don't know if I'd enjoy the actual game... I feel like I'd enjoy the Owner Mode more than the game itself. Know what I mean.

# 86 jtswag187 @ 07/30/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
In the games tab of the main Menu video is has an option for more game modes. Wonder what else would be in there? maybe just a season mode
it said that there was 5 more but maybe some are duplicates

# 87 jtswag187 @ 07/30/13 04:23 PM
that Player CF hurt as a cardinals fan seeing such an ugly looking player miss using our playbook in our uniform

# 88 jtswag187 @ 07/30/13 04:24 PM
Redskins should be wearing yellow pants

# 89 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
There is so much you can do with pregame introduction. Instead, EA hires companies like Troika to get the professionalism you see from broadcasts like ESPN etc., and while the visuals are there, EA's side leaves much to be desired.

The inevitable "button through" will happen because it is static instead of dynamic. Imagine a season game where the introduction calls out specific players and their season achievements thus far, stats etc.

It would be very much like how 2K handled the halftime shows for NFL 2K5 (I don't intend to beat a dead horse).

But that's why I say Madden 25 is the bookend to a very stale and lifeless generation of football gaming. It sums up the frustrations of many. They had a chance and they blew it.
I agree. I would much rather have dynamic intros that are relevant to the season or game i am playing. For example, if its the Redskins vs the Eagles, I would have not real vidoe, but fake highlights of Vick and RGIII and some stat banners with commentary comapring the two. Or just fake highlights of them playing each other and talk about the rivalry or the importance of the division game.

# 90 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
it said that there was 5 more but maybe some are duplicates
There is a video of it online. its nothing new.

Practice
Never Say Never Moments (Madden Moments)
Communities
EA Arena
Online Team Play

# 91 jtswag187 @ 07/30/13 04:33 PM
I guess they find it important to tell us who's in the slot

# 92 jmurphy31 @ 07/30/13 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamshpe
Halftime and Post-game are absolute garbage once again. I honestly do not understand why NFL 2K5 can get presentation spot on but we still can't get even close in Madden. Also, I am tired of seeing canned animations. I've seen multiple tackles that I've seen 8 years ago in Madden. There should be nothing "canned" in a football game. Let's get an actual physics based system. This is not a TRUE physics based engine.
The halftime and post game shows dont add anything to the atmosphere of the game. And EA wonders why people say they just button mash through them. Though they are better than last year (last years halftime was just cut scenes w/ no highlights and the post game didnt have the player or play of the game).

If Ea chooses to not put in a halftime or post game show with stats, highlights and other score updates at least show the five or six highlights with a bar on the bottom showing individual stats...

# 93 jtswag187 @ 07/30/13 07:31 PM
looking at the playbooks i notice that the pat cat isn't in arizonas playbook being unable to utilize players like Patrick Peterson and the Honey Badger upsets me at how ignorant madden is

# 94 The Lob Mob @ 07/30/13 08:11 PM
I will not overstate the obvious, however I will say this:

I don't like that in the 'runningback drill' video or whatever you call it the defender kept coming from the same direction & came at the ball carrier the same way yet the user was able to use multiple moves to elude the defender... you should not be able to use a stiff arm on a guy in front of you...etc. Totally makes NO sense... WIP or not.

# 95 Smoke6 @ 07/30/13 08:58 PM
Get rid of that matrix style interception camera, I think it would add more depth to the game and also not give the offense that "spidey sense" of when the ball is picked off and everyone is homing in on you that should of had no clue the ball was picked off in the first place!

@ the 31:45 mark when he passes it in between 2 defenders for the completion, is what I also have been looking to see that was promised in 13 but never showed up. I like that the trailing defender had no clue the ball was even being thrown his direction for him to mysteriously swat the ball down with perfection with his ESP rating of 89.

# 96 ch46647 @ 07/30/13 09:25 PM
Have to echo most of the opinions on this thread. The game just looks stale and boring. I lost hope in this generation a few years ago , so didnt expect much fron M25.

All of my hope rests in Next-Gen. Honestly, I have a bad feeling it will be much of the same. This game truly needs an animation overhaul, and an overhaul to how ratings work.

# 97 Keys99 @ 07/30/13 09:51 PM
Will penalties work this year? If it's in the game, it's in the game. Thanks EA

# 98 bukktown @ 07/30/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Did anyone else notice the ridiculous trucking of Ryan Kerrigan by Michael Vick? Kerrigan is running full tilt at Vick, yet Vick sticks out his arm and it looked like Kerrigan ran head first into a wall and fell flat on his back. What happened to size and weight mattering? Not to mention, Vick is not a power runner. He's thin and agile.

Or, how about the ridiculous catch at 31:23. Does he really hang onto that ball? Not sure how I fell about that.

On top of all of that, the speed of the game is still WAY too fast. It literally looks like someone is fast forwarding a tape. It makes the player movement look ridiculous. Eh, NCAA just seems to play so much more smooth and polished. I just don't understand why player movement and interactions are so hard for Tiburon.

#disappointed
I got giddy when I saw that! Its so ridiculous! I guess that's my favorite part of Madden nowadays,
making fun of it.

# 99 Reed1417 @ 07/30/13 11:48 PM
So that relocation video looked awesome if you ask me. I can't wait. Owner Mode itself just has me pumped.

# 100 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 07/31/13 04:41 AM
That first video was horrible. I don't think I saw ONE new tackle animation and it looks bland and just like M13. Im sticking with NCAA 14 until next gen. That was just pitiful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.