Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 blues rocker @ 08/01/13 03:54 PM
- the passing game needs fewer bobbled/slow catch animations.

- better boxing out and less cheesy offensive rebounds where players get rebounds they have no business getting.

- make great shooters less overpowered - they can make too many contested jumpers and contact layups.

- more live ball physics. no more of that crap where guys can spin and dribble the ball THROUGH another player's body without getting it deflected.

- your CPU teammates needs to be better at moving to open areas to create a passing angle to get them the ball (off-ball bigs need to cut to the hoop when they have the opening, wing players need to find the open area on the perimeter...as of now they often drift behind defenders rather than staying open or moving to an open area).

- too many unstoppable dunk animations. you can be right in front of Lebron before he leaves the floor, but somehow he powers through you like you're not even there and gets the dunk - in real life there would be a collision where Lebron slams into the defender and is unable to even jump due to the large solid object (the defender) impeding his path...a player cannot jump forward with another player standing directly in front of him as he leaves the floor...first: because there would be no room for him to plant his foot...second: because physics would simply not allow him to continue moving forward at that rate with another human being in his way - please have realistic collision physics on dunk gathers. the player should not even be able to jump to attempt the dunk - it should just be a foul (if the defender is moving) or a charge (if the defender is not moving).

# 42 blues rocker @ 08/01/13 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
The main issues with this game is the same I have with most other sports games. The CPU is omniscient. So the best thing they can do is add some kind of lag between the computer knowing something has happened and them acting on it. I mean, I'm throwing a quick pass in the lane to a player cutting to the basket. IRL, the defender is still recovering, he isn't going to automatically stick his hand out before the bounce pass actually BOUNCES OFF THE FLOOR.

But because the moment you press a button, the game knows about it (because, well, that's how the game can play the right animation for the milisecond), so the D's reaction is instantaneous. Drives me up the wall. The reason so many 3s get contested is because the computer knows you're kicking it out because it knows who the pass target is, where the target is in relation to each other, so you look at a situation where the ball and the double team defender arrive at almost the same time. Should have a tiny window to get the shot off. But nope.
I agree with this. The CPU defenders are way too fast at getting their hand up to tip passes. They're hands are faster than a human could possibly move...the point of the game is to mimmick human behavior...so there needs to be a "delay" to replicate the reaction time that is actually possible for a human being. I think 2k was trying to cut down on passes in the paint, so they went too far in the other direction and gave the CPU defenders superhuman precognition where they start putting their hand out as soon as you begin pressing the pass button...no human can react this quickly to a pass that is happening 1 or 2 feet in front of them. There's also the crap where they can spin like ninjas and deflect passes with their backs turned to the ball when they wouldn't even be able to know a pass was coming.

# 43 blues rocker @ 08/01/13 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32

Cpu AI on offense: Players should know when to cut to the basket if open, or stay at the 3pt line. ie. Kendrick Perkins shouldn't fade near the 3 point line and stay there if his man is doubling me and the paint in wide open. Or Kevin martin shouldn't cut to the basket into the defense as soon as I pass him the ball when he's open at the 3 point line. Fix player tendencies and logic please!!!!
agree. 2k11 had this area of the game right...big men always used to cut to the hoop when their man left the lane open. 3 pt shooters used to stay put when they were open...but ever since 2k12 off-ball teammates started doing this weird crap.

# 44 sirjam @ 08/01/13 04:25 PM
correct the spacing. make star players play and move like themselves. fix the defense matchups. if I set the d to never leave Ray Allen then he should never help. Also the pick and roll defense needs proper hedging. Fix the difficulty level system. Hof should not mean I get decreased attributes and the cpu get increased. Oh and the big one, give me a behind view where I can see the whole floor on offense when in the corner. just a few quick ones to add if they haven't been already.

# 45 blues rocker @ 08/01/13 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Oh and the big one, give me a behind view where I can see the whole floor on offense when in the corner.
I brought this issue up to someone at 2k and they said they would pass my complaint along. Hopefully they are finally able to get that camera issue fixed for 2k14.

# 46 414fredo @ 08/01/13 05:13 PM
Please make dunks blockable

# 47 yungsta404 @ 08/01/13 05:28 PM
I thought LD2k said team up was just for promotional purposes which is why they invited mostly popular youtube commentators.

# 48 TalenT @ 08/01/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Foot planting. If the engine doesn't support it, then at least eliminate it as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
- the passing game needs fewer bobbled/slow catch animations.
^^^ Pretty much 2 of the major issues that killed 2K13 for me. Guys lunging against their momentum to either, contest shots or steal passes. And the bobbles...oooooooh the bobbles. Nothin' worse than going up against a zone and having a guy wide open in the zone's "dead spot", you starting banging on the shoot button only to realize he doesn't have control of the ball.

Alley oops are a problem only because, for some reason, defenders lose all their vertical when a pass is thrown. It's comical.

And how about full court passes be easier to intercept. Just like in real life...You can't throw Joe Montana accurate passes when there's defenders down the court. They'll pick those off 90 percent of the time.

# 49 BEasy20 @ 08/01/13 05:36 PM
Fix the blocking

IMO any attempt to gain a charge outside of the paint should be a block. So tired of people taking charges from 90 feet

No more full court passing or at least go back to the way it was in prior games where the majority of passes attempted would go out of bounds

# 50 demack @ 08/01/13 05:39 PM
There are a lot of things that need to be fixed with the new 2k about to release, but the main thing I want to see changed is the realness of the game. When I say "realness" I mean getting as close to real life as possible. I hate when all the players can do things they can't in real life. It's crazy that almost anyone in that game, except for centers can shoot 3's, euro-step and spin-move themselves into the lane. I would like for 2k to dab into the player efficiency ratings that Live uses. They don't have to copy that, but just add some realness to the game.

# 51 BEasy20 @ 08/01/13 05:40 PM
Do something to counter the effectiveness of just using a star player and spinning into the paint

# 52 skillz773 @ 08/01/13 05:44 PM
Too many times for the love of God have I got online to play someone who initially took forever to set lineup and player matchups. To only once the game start to pause game and further adjust player matchups and settings as well as coaching profiles and even plays. I also have to change some settings as well taking up 60 seconds before actual start of game and almost 5minutes before tip off. Now I've waited so long to play I sometimes don't feel like it anymore!
I believe if we could save online coaching profiles and specific team matchup details like denying lBJ ball etc would save lot's of time for both players and allow the game to flow that much better.

# 53 skillz773 @ 08/01/13 05:50 PM
Also there should be a warning beforehand that a player may quit when losing. Maybe some statistics on my opponent within that category before I ready up in team selection.

# 54 Raw Energy @ 08/01/13 05:55 PM
Add last name Bob to database.

Better off ball movement

CAL aka Create A Legend should be identical to Myplayer as far as features. Don't understand why i can't play as a real life player with all the perks Myplayer get. Instead of a boring mode.

Why is ur only asked to help sign lower level free agents.

Less Animations more control on offense and defense.

Manual contesting shots is inconsistent and rarely works

No more Bullying your way through the lane on Dunks.

Controls more responsive

No more dribbling through players especially in traffic.

No VC at least show us what it is in Cash value.

MYPLAYER and CAL should be Identical Modes.

Cant be an effective off ball player because to much damn animations where u get trapped into. Even if your man is stronger than the other. I shouldn't have to run out of bounds to get round players.

Moving off ball and got a few steps on player soon as I get to my spot or right before I get caught in animation due to they somehow catching up with me by morphing right front of me forcing stupid animations.

# 55 Gramps91 @ 08/01/13 05:57 PM
The only thing I can really think is to make the post game like it was in 2k12. I thought it was much easier to get by opponents using post-up in that game. Also, PLEASE leave the dribble stick in the game. I loved that on 2k13. Please also leave square as an option to shoot, I hate shot stick.

# 56 sactown_13 @ 08/01/13 06:02 PM
Defense needs to be addressed imo. So many times the CPU just dribbles into the lane until it finds a opening. We need more counters on defense, if i guess which direction he is going to go the dribbler should be bottled up unless he is a elite ball handler. Also, bring blocking back. People like D-Ho and Tyson Chandler should be feared when a opposing player enters the paint. Blocking was a let down this past year. Actually, defense in general took a step back.

# 57 Surg2k @ 08/01/13 06:06 PM
This may have been said before so if that's the case I apologize. I was watching the Las Vegas Summer League and loved the new format. It ends with a tournament and it just was cool seeing rookies and other young players playing in a tournament. Thought that would be way cool in NBA 2k14. Imagine in the offseason drafting your rookies and then being put in a tournament! I just thought that would be awesome.

# 58 raiderphantom @ 08/01/13 06:17 PM
A lot of good stuff covered in this thread.

-Spacing. Please please fix spacing. It was decent in 2K11(why I prefer that game!). The spacing on pick and rolls is too tight. Players are all over the place. Stretch 4's don't extend to the 3 point line. Fix this please.

-Ball speed. The passes need to be faster and more fluid. Like other posters have said the players shouldn't be able to move nearly as fast as the ball.

-Recovery speed on close outs. There needs to be a penalty for using all your momentum in one direction.

-Blocking. Where are the blocks? They hardly exist. This needs to be toned up!

-Up and unders. Whether it be driving or posting, this needs to be altered. Unless the offensive player gets the defender to bite on the initial fake, these should miss/be blocked. Exception maybe to a new sig skill of some sort possibly.

-Shooting off the dribble. This rating needs a widespread nerf. Plenty of players can't sod well. There needs to be more distinguishing between plàyers with and without this ability.

-Passing lanes. For years the passing lanes have been abused. Drive to the paint, dish to the big no matter the circumstance. Not how it should be. This brings me to my next point.

-Defensive position. Depending on the average rating, defensive players need to be in the right place at the right time, much like offensive players when they space the floor. Defenders need to usually be between their man and the basket. Unless they are below average defenders, they shouldn't be wandering and day dreaming. This tied in directly with passing lanes.

That's all I got for gameplay right now.

Other than that, fix all the online and offline association hiccups. No idea why there's a THIRTY DAY wait period in my OA offseason right now.

# 59 costas84 @ 08/01/13 06:17 PM
An overall more realistic MyCareer, featuring college BBall for a proper draft and player skill evaluation instead of it being just 1 rookie showcase and thats it, and a weekly training schedule, to feel like you work hard to improve your stats instead of paying some kind of virtual currency.

And no the drills arent what the training should be.

Remove the VC from MyCareer so people dont Pay 2 win.

And a proper PC version!!! I cannot stress how important this is, we want all features in the PC version, not a half-assed port, sorry if i sound agressive but thats just how it is.

# 60 o Elevate o @ 08/01/13 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
This is just a brilliant strategy by 2k so they can automatically market the game to the millions of youtube users these community members have by just spending a few bucks on a plane trip.

Don't be foolish, they are not going to fix anything. There isn't time for that at this point
True, didn't look at it from that angle. Though that makes me wonder why did wouldn't have Chris Smoove come out. I think he just recently hit 1 million subs and his MyCareer and MyTeam videos are pretty popular.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.