Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 skillz773 @ 08/01/13 09:12 PM
I feel like 2k uses a lot of gimmicks to try to balance out the game instead of actually giving you ways to defend them like overthrowing passes, kickball calls, traveling calls for up and under, and the worst of all jump shots bouncing off the rim and over the backboard for out of bounds(rarely happens not a gimmick but still very annoying). Take the gimmicks out and give players the control/capabilities to defend it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 82 blues rocker @ 08/01/13 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
Passing. The animations are too slow, the speed in the air is too slow, the catching fumbles are too exaggerated and occur at nonsensical times, and the logic of which passing animations happen in certain situations is very poor. Its more chance than skill..
yeah, i'm fine with them including bobbled catches in the game, but only if bobbles happen when you throw a pass at the wrong time...you shouldn't get a bobble animation when you're just making a smart pass to an open guy. it's backwards logic - it's like the game is punishing you for making a smart play and finding the open man.

# 83 Sundown @ 08/01/13 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yeah, i'm fine with them including bobbled catches in the game, but only if bobbles happen when you throw a pass at the wrong time...you shouldn't get a bobble animation when you're just making a smart pass to an open guy. it's backwards logic - it's like the game is punishing you for making a smart play and finding the open man.
This. And also to guys with poor hands ratings. I'm perfectly fine with Kwame an Ezeli bobbling inside passes, though the latter has gotten better.

# 84 skillz773 @ 08/01/13 10:33 PM
Would love to be able to split the defense off the pick and roll!

# 85 CWSapp757 @ 08/01/13 10:40 PM
My biggest gripe has always been the Association mode after the initial three to four years. Its the reason I've put so much time in to making my own draft classes. The draft classes that are generated by the game just don't mesh well with the base rosters. There is almost no point in scouting for second round talent because the lower rated players have no speciality skills and are simply roster fillers. The schools that the players come from are also very unrealistic. There have been times where I have seen three first round picks coming out of Tulsa. Of course its not impossible but unrealistic. Without writing a paper on it, the draft classes lack diversity that would make the Association interesting. Some back stories wouldn't hurt either.

# 86 ForeverVersatile @ 08/01/13 11:05 PM
1. Console Versions
a. What are the major differences between current and next gen versions besides graphics.

2. Defense:
a. Were you able to properly defend dunks and layups, was there proper collisions, could you block dunks and layups more accurately.

b. How was the contact on defense, was there still suction and loss of control.

c. Are there any new defensive mechanics implemented.

d. How did it feel when contesting jumpers and what was reaction time like.

3. Offense
a. How was dribbling, how did the movement feel, did they bring back signature dribble packages, If not what was it like.

b. What was removed or toned down, could you exploit a certain move, if yes what was it, if no what was the outcome.

c. Any new offensive mechanics such as shots, gathers..etc.

d. How was the post game, did it feel rewarding, any new moves, could you abuse them.

e. How was passing, were they faster, any new passing mechanics.

f. How was play calling, was it redone, did they play faster, did they break for no reason.

4. AI
a. Did the AI seem smarter, did they make better decisions on defense and offense, was there more off-ball movement, were they still psychic on defense.

5. Attributes
a. Do things like speed and strength matter, could you take advantage of a mismatch, did faster players seem faster, did stronger players seem stronger, did you see any speed bursts by the AI on fast breaks.

6. Animations
a. Did animations seem better/smoother and less laggy, were there any useless animations, were you put into animations for no reason when you had an easy look at the basket, Any new animations.

7. Random
a. What stood out to you the most out of everything you saw??

Thank you.

# 87 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/01/13 11:24 PM
Better gameplay

Realistic presentation and 100x better commentary

50x better association and 80x better MyCareer Mode

On the court player and coach personalities

Certain games should feel different even in regular season Heat vs Bulls,Lakers,Pacers,Nets,Celtics,Cavs,Rockets,Thun der,Knicks
not just the Heat vs everybody tho but Knicks vs Pacers etc....

5x better physics

2x better lighting

tighter jerseys

To sum ALL that up I want what I see on TV during Basketball season

As of right now 2k13 is boring as I don't know what

# 88 ForeverVersatile @ 08/01/13 11:37 PM
I thought we were asking question not blurting out random junk...

# 89 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/02/13 12:10 AM
Naw I just didn't want to repeat everything ppl have already my bad

# 90 stillfeelme @ 08/02/13 12:27 AM
Gameplay

• Passing too slow, defense too fast simple fix this. The ball should not be moving slower than the players feet on defense. Often times it is so weird you can have plenty of space and someone is able to say close out on Westbrook jumper since it is moving slow.
  • Court spacing has to be improved, players have no awareness of when and where to move with no spacing involved. Eliminate and reduce the bad movement of guys running into traffic when a pass is thrown or bringing a help defender in the post when I am trying to go to work. I should not have to spread the floor then pick a post play and hope to get decent space.
  • Signature everything most notably dribbling, layups and shot forms. Rondo dribbles different than Dwill and he has a different arsenal of effective moves layups than say a CP3. If a player is on a cover of your game you should have his free throw routine down. Durant does not shoot his FT's the way you guys have it in 2K13
  • Signature defense or strategies. I would like to see defenses double at better instances and pack the paint Chicago, force you to the corners trap etc. Players take more charges who do so in real life.
  • The CPU doesn't have to guess which makes for less of a chessmatch. The CPU needs to be able to guess wrong say helping the post without full auto recovery to stop the perimeter with a blink. We should be seeing a better user to CPU experience on Next gen systems. I want a more human CPU interaction.
  • Shooting off the dribble stepbacks pullup jumpers off the fastbreak are too easy for too many people. Players need to be able to stop and then pullup the animation is just too fast on the pull up jumpers from a running start.
  • Fix the plays getting broken or screwed by users calling zone to man.
  • "Live ball" the ball needs to have its own physics for tips, rebounds, blocks etc. Every tip shouldn't go to the defender. The awareness of one player of where the ball is going to go has to be fixed and removed the game should be "live" and less canned.
  • Rebounds please fix it this, can we get live tip outs that can go either way to the defense or offense. Chandler specializes in this others as well. Rebounding is bad in the game. The scripting of the rebounding has to be tweaked reworked. It will look ugly on a next generation system if it remains the same
  • Free throws are too easy even for bad shooters. Free throws should behave very similar to shooting using shot stick meaning a certain % is dedicated to release and certain % should be related to ratings. So there is a chance you can get miss even if you get a perfect release. This kills certain strategies of hacking bad players
  • Give me an aggressive hack button to attempt to foul but go for the block as well. Say I don't want to let Griffin, or Howard get a dunk I can go to this move, or I want to stop the fast break attempt. Yall then can add reviews to determine if it was a flagrant 1 or 2 lol.
  • Coaching option for plays. Give me the option to call post plays for anyone not just the player with the highest post rating. Give me the option to "hack a Shaq" to foul the worse FT user instead just quick fouling.
  • Up and unders work too well and should initiate contact if the defense doesn't bite on the fake. Lower the success rates on up and unders. Can we get signature post moves, Hibbert's post game is not the same as Lopez's. Running sweeping hook for Marc Gasol. Zack Randolf using his body to create space and contact despite little lift.
  • Dribbling in crowded areas needs to be addressed players can dribble with little regard for losing the ball in double teams.
  • Signature defense full court press tenacity from Avery Bradley. Paint defense presence. Hibbert, Asik, are some of the guys that are two guys that specialize in remaining vertical in the paint to alter shots. This needs to be represented. They need a paint presence rating or something that makes the offense shoot a less % shot just by the presence of some defenders in the paint. Or say like a LeBron chasedown have a player second guessing certain shots.
  • Detailed halftime show a la NFL 2K5 but better probably next gen only. I should be fully immersed in next gen blur reality even further.
  • Blocks and more Blocks, dunks getting blocked and random bouncing I am almost positive this has been addressed but yes fix it.
  • Physics and momentum we need it badly most noticeable in the post and on ball defense. Footplanting and explosion, acceleration, first step are not represented well at all. Way too easy to get in the paint and initiate a dunk over multiple figures. Need physics to initiate more contact layup attempts
  • Reduce the quick dunk ability of a putback. So artificial looking and not realistic at all.
Rosters

• Quit the bias and rate players where they should be. The insider needs help professional help from say STATS or someone else to go a little bit deeper and keep the roster updated. The other game will most likely have this area in order.
  • Plays and rosters together doesn't make sense to me. Has to be a better way to get the rosters separated from the plays.
  • If plays are found to be not working correctly after release the Insider should be fixing the plays with ones that are working accordingly that goes with the roster not just updating accessories and individual ratings.
  • At least have two options for game filtering for Xbox/PS3 default superstar and HOF simulation. You should be able to satisfy most with this setting.
Sound
Arena sounds need to be looked at yall don't have the feel of an NBA game the crowd needs to respond to plays oohs ahhs cheer loudly. 2K needs improvement in the arena and crowd atmosphere

# 91 skillz773 @ 08/02/13 12:33 AM
Should be specific button to push the ball like when tapping turbo at midcourt so you can use it to split the defense off pick and roll situations!

# 92 stillfeelme @ 08/02/13 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz773
Would love to be able to split the defense off the pick and roll!

Yes it would be nice to have some of these animations.

# 93 skillz773 @ 08/02/13 12:49 AM
Also too many times when players seemed too uncoordinated and didn't bother to go after or save loose balls within their grasp when prompted.

# 94 Bremser_Rules @ 08/02/13 12:51 AM
Tv timeouts!

# 95 TUSS11 @ 08/02/13 12:58 AM
Who cares? This is just a marketing ploy like last year. Most of those guys listed don't know enough about basketball to contribute anything meaningful. "Bring back crew. Add more swag. Blah blah blah..."

# 96 ForeverVersatile @ 08/02/13 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Naw I just didn't want to repeat everything ppl have already my bad
My comment wasn't directed towards you no need to be sorry.

# 97 TheTrueHooperAIO @ 08/02/13 04:16 AM
PLEASE! get rid of sig skills, it just makes the players abilities a little to exaggerated so just add the player specific abilities back like in NBA 2K12, but add the sig skills to the list and if you don't want a player have that sig skill just put the ability to poor.

For example:
  • Blake Griffin- Highlight Film: Great
    Derrick Rose- Finisher: Great
    Dwight Howard- Ankle Breaker: Poor
    Lebron James- Finisher: Great
    Dimer: Great
    Charge Card: Average

# 98 FunNoodle @ 08/02/13 04:44 AM
In NBA 2K13, its really stupid how hard it is to stop someone when they are under the basket especially in teamup games. Dudes like turiaf are dunking over you in the paint and you cant do anything about it. For 2k14 they need to nerf inside scoring you shouldnt be able to do a standing dunk over 3 guys in the paint.

# 99 bumpyface @ 08/02/13 04:47 AM
1-Passing-the speed is off, and it's still very difficult to get the pass were you want it. Also, players sometimes move faster than the pass.
2-Sluggish/skating controls-This has been increasing over the years. I would like better response and feel on and offline if possible.
3-improved A.I.-I'm tired of passing the ball to an open shooter only to have him head toward a crowd of defenders and have the pass intercepted. Please fix this.
4-REBOUNDING-I don't think I have to elaborate.
5-Bring back lobbies and difficulty settings please.
6-More vivid tutorial mode
7-DEFENSE-I also believe that I need not elaborate on this 1 as well.

# 100 daveberg @ 08/02/13 04:51 AM
More. classic. teams.
More signature layups - and please, get them to WORK this year.
Dribble packages, and lots please.
Finally fix custom arena music
Give legends teams accurate arena music (ala 2k11)
Ability to edit sock colour and shorts length.
More than 50 slots for shoes/more retro shoes.
Expand dunk packages/more one handed alleyoops.
Passing should be smoother and have more speed.
Bring back contact/double clutch layups from 2k11
Different rules for classic matches. Hand checking, illegal D etc.
Ability to edit Dream team roster accessories.
Better AI - I don't want my players randomly cutting to the basket when they're already open for the pass.
Spacing - stop AI teammates getting in my way on plays/drives to the basket.
Fix transition jumpers - they go in at too high a clip.
Opposing team AI should sometimes walk the ball up, not everyone plays run and gun.
More moves/fakes/jukes out of the triple threat.
Ability to double clutch on jumpshots
Fix close out speed on D. Guys shouldn't be able to get to me at the 3 when they're under the rim.
Give players proper shoes. Don't just bunch them up with generics.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.