Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 skillz773 @ 08/03/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
havent seen any of them say this on twitter yet. They are all hush hush on anything game play related
Haven't given any specific details but ipod says a lot has been fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 142 skillz773 @ 08/03/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz773
Haven't given any specific details but ipod says a lot has been fixed.

Correction shakedown not iPod!

# 143 JerzeyReign @ 08/03/13 06:46 PM
I'm starting not to care about what 2K says. They are starting to drift farther and farther away from sim it probably won't even matter. They are starting to act just like EA.

I just want a realistic basketball game, I don't care who makes it. Unless 2K has some "sim news" under its sleeve I think I will reserve my excitement. I've been playing this game a lot online lately and it amazes me that this actually fooled me into thinking its a realistic game. I know people will always find ways to win but these things are just little details that completely ruin the sim experience.

I've tried to remain the "cool guy" and give 2K a pass. I respect the company but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Save that hype train for the casuals. Its time to #GetBack2Sim

# 144 thedream2k13 @ 08/03/13 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm starting not to care about what 2K says. They are starting to drift farther and farther away from sim it probably won't even matter. They are starting to act just like EA.

I just want a realistic basketball game, I don't care who makes it. Unless 2K has some "sim news" under its sleeve I think I will reserve my excitement. I've been playing this game a lot online lately and it amazes me that this actually fooled me into thinking its a realistic game. I know people will always find ways to win but these things are just little details that completely ruin the sim experience.

I've tried to remain the "cool guy" and give 2K a pass. I respect the company but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Save that hype train for the casuals. Its time to #GetBack2Sim
PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 145 CapaChino908 @ 08/03/13 07:52 PM
1: online lobbies. I miss the good ole days of coming in a online lobby and looking for new leagues to join our just talking 2k with other ballers in real time. I haven't been able to enjoy the league gms since 2k had lobbies cause it's to much of a hassle to join one.

2: create a play. This would take 2k to a whole new level. People who love the joy of running money plays online to combat any defense will enjoy concocting their own schemes. Sim players will love it as well.

3: save playbooks. Having to go to 5 different teams playbook taking the plays I use, putting them in my playbook and having to assign the plays to certain players after every game is really getting old. 2k should have fixed this years ago.

4: eliminate finisher/fix layups. lay up contact animations have become the most frustrating part of 2k. The slashing games is non existent Derrick Rose doesn't have finisher Russell Westbrook does and because of that he makes a whole lot more inside buckets then rose because of a stupid and unnecessary signature skill. layups should be based solely on layup and shot in traffic rating. there are so many players in this game have good layup and shot in traffic ratings but can't make a layup to save their life because they don't have finisher and are constantly running into bs animations.

5: online fantasy leagues. that my team has become a huge hit lets up the ante and make draft leagues where you can draft legends and current players. online lobbies are a must for this to thrive.

those are all of my requests for a better 2k14. making Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller playable and draft eligible would be nice too. putting in the 93 suns and 95 Pacers would be even better. Do these things and you will definitely make sims casuals and hardcore 2k fans jump for joy.

# 146 alabamarob @ 08/03/13 08:23 PM
Call traveling, and make the ball follow the rules of gravity when changing directions while dribbling and transitioning from dribble to shot. Basically call traveling and realistic transitional animations.

# 147 thedream2k13 @ 08/03/13 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Call traveling, and make the ball follow the rules of gravity when changing directions while dribbling and transitioning from dribble to shot. Basically call traveling and realistic transitional animations.
Transition animations from dribbling to shooting are missing in 2k13 which makes anticipating shot attempts challenging

# 148 jtswag187 @ 08/04/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
More of a cosmetic fix but the blue and red for alot of jerseys in 2k13 were off colored, key examples off the top of my head are Knicks away Pistons Away Warriors away the blues for these jerseys were all to light and most reds have a pinkish color to them for some reason ex. Bulls Clippers Raptors.
so true, even white is messed up, all the colors look dull and faded

# 149 skillz773 @ 08/04/13 11:11 AM
With next-generation processing and graphics the opportunity is there for 2k to make a great game! Actions speak louder than words though.

# 150 thedream2k13 @ 08/04/13 12:54 PM
Remove the UP and UNDER from a double button tap. Horrible idea

# 151 skillz773 @ 08/04/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Remove the UP and UNDER from a double button tap. Horrible idea
I never knew you could up and under with face buttons.

# 152 thedream2k13 @ 08/04/13 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz773
I never knew you could up and under with face buttons.

yeah man its horrible online. Doubetap X in the post or as a littleman you can do it in the paint and the defense cant draw any contact

# 153 nolimsol25 @ 08/04/13 02:08 PM
How about a coach mode where you can work your way up to a head coach from an assistant coach. Also the changing of the Charlotte Bobcats to the Charlotte Hornets.

# 154 kongemeier @ 08/04/13 03:08 PM
Please make the AI atleast somewhat decent with team management. We shouldn't have to run 30 team control to get realistic smart decisions. I hate CPU teams drafting PGs in the first round 3 years in a row.

Also, like real life, a small market team like the Jazz are forced to build through the draft while teams like the Lakers can attract the big starts in free agency. This would be awesome to have in the game as well.

# 155 demencia_total @ 08/04/13 04:23 PM
Probably been mentioned before, but please ensure that players are more aware of their surroundings and set their feet correctly around the baselines and near mid court.

I was playing Bulls vs Thunder in Association Mode, had the ball for what would be the last possession of the game with 17.4 on the clock and down by 1. I give the ball to Rose, they double. I pass it to Boozer. I give the ball back to Rose, who is a few feet away from midcourt. As the defender approaches him, he decides to take 2 steps back without user input, resulting in a backcourt violation and ruining what would've been a great finish of a great game.

It's so frustrating that when you have an awesome game against the AI things like this happen to ruin the experience. To clarify further, this happens too to the AI as they caught in crazy animations in key moments that result in turnovers.

# 156 Bwnarrow3 @ 08/04/13 04:47 PM
Guys I have a couple ideas, and I know it's long but give it a shot and let me know what you think of these.

Spacing issues have already been highlighted but I want to do an even better job of summing it up here.

Constantly when using the LB to call a pick and roll, teammates that should be spotting up behind the three point line will stand far too close to the pick and roll action thus jamming up the lane. For instance: A lineup of Rubio, Martin, Budinger, Love and Pekovic, for example, when running a pick and roll with Pekovic and Rubio; Love, Budinger, and Martin should all surround the three point line while Rubio and Pekovic run the pick and roll to effectively maximize the opportunity to drive the lane and pick apart the defense.

To be even more specific; using the previous example, if Rubio is double teamed at the top of the key on a pick and roll by the hedge man and the on ball defender, the defender from the weak side should come crash the lane to help a rolling Pekovic going toward the basket. This would shine a beautiful light on Ricky's passing ability as he could fire it into the short corner for an open shot if the defender helped enough.

Help schemes in the NBA are the most significant operation of an NBA defense when countering an effective, floor spacing offense. A team such as Minnesota or San Antonio should have a terrific time penetrating the lane because of the respect that the deep shooters demand on the outside. On the contrary, a team such as Charlotte with MKG and Henderson on the wings, or Memphis with Tony Allen and Tayshaun Prince, should have a much trickier time maneuvering the lanes and prodding the defense for open shots.

This is precisely where the more finer tweaks to the passing game need to be upgraded this year. In addition to spacing, there needs to be more specific and precise off ball cuts to the basket this year to highlight the skill level of effective passing big men. Players such as the Gasols, Noah, Monroe, David Lee, etc can cause a defense nightmares through their proficiency in operating from the high post in real life. However, few plays actually succeed in effectively highlighting their skill level in 2K13. In 2K13 it is nearly impossible to record high assist levels from big men simply because when operating from the high post there is an incomplete amount of off ball movement. When working with a player such as David Lee from the elbow, the option is limited to either a pull up or a drive into what will most likely be a clogged lane and forcing up a contorted shot over the trees.

I would love to see more movement in these situations, specifically involving plays around dribble handoffs. Players such as Harden, Paul George, and Bradley Beal excelled in the dribble handoffs when working with Nene and David West, (and Nick Collison at the time for Harden), and I would love to see it being replicated in 2K. For instance: Nene has the ball on the right elbow. Beal comes around the baseline chased by a defender to be denied the original handoff from Nene that would have gone into the lane, but quickly cuts the other way into the corner for an open Corner three. These plays, while not the bread and butter of most NBA offenses, are still very effective, and can maximize the skills of some skilled big men in the NBA. Please 2K, create more opportunities for big guys to work off of the elbow to highlight their offensive effectiveness.

Marc Gasol is not effective by crashing offensive boards as 2K portrays him now, rather, he's effective hitting Tayshaun Prince on the baseline cut, Tony Allen on the outlet pass, and Mike Conley on the handoff at the top of the key.

# 157 Coach2K @ 08/04/13 10:10 PM
I'd like to see a couple of things. My apologies if they have already been said.

1. Between quarters and at half I'd like to have time to make adjustments like a time out instead of going right into gameplay.
2. When I take the ball out on the side, it's annoying to see my point guard go all the way to other side of the court only for me to have to use 2 seconds or so to bring him all the way back right in front of the inbounder so I can make a safe pass.
3. A portable profile I can take with me from mode to mode.
4. More control over my playbook assigning plays to players instead of to positions.
5. A more flexible timer in association mode.
6. Play diagrams in team up mode if we want to run plays from the playbook.
7. It's pretty easy for people to score off of out of bounds plays from the baseline, be nice if it was a little tougher.
8. Online quick match difficulty be upped to hall of fame simulation sliders.
9. Ability to import/modify your own rosters in online association.
10. Ability to see stats from the game in teamup
11. During a timeout in team up, ability to see the game situation, score, time left.
12. Your guys rushing to block out when you are on defense like they do for the guys on the offensive side of the ball.
13. In practice mode, it would be nice to do shooting practice similar to free throw practice that gives you a rebounder and stats on perfect releases and misses and makes.
14. Create your own plays option
15. Ability to create your own team in your own town with your own custom arena that you could take online against others.

# 158 thedream2k13 @ 08/04/13 10:33 PM
I want the game to require practice to be good at. I want playbooks to be a nessessity along with post play, I want defensive bigs like asik to provide help defense on guards driving to the basket, I want star players to NOT be given super powers that make them hit every contested shot, I want online to be competitive for once with balance on offense and defense ............ I want it ALL

# 159 TeriyAkin @ 08/05/13 02:37 AM
Defense and player movement, really need some work... Transition D and players bumping into each other are ******** and need massive upgrades... almost everything about defense needs tweaks. I hope they focus on defense more cuz defensive teams should really feel more defensive (pacers, grizzlies, bulls...) imo

# 160 nddot @ 08/05/13 04:14 AM
FIX THE ONLINE ASSOCIATION !!

the mode is flawed with glitches and bugs (1year 0$glitch, players disapearing from the league)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.