Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post

Konami has released their first PES 2014 tutorial video, which focuses on ball control. The team plans on releasing more tutorials before Gamescom, which include videos on the heart system, attacking, defending and the all new manual Goal Keeper controls.

What are your thoughts?

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bawstun @ 08/13/13 08:13 AM
Looks better than the gimmick 'first touch' that EA put out.

# 2 spartansocc12 @ 08/13/13 08:50 AM
Although it looks amazing, how the defenders react to the movement will be critical. In the video, the defender seems to react poorly to the first touch. I'm really hoping that in certain parts of the field the defenders play the opposing players tightly making it difficult to turn. Last year I think the CBs and outside backs did a good job of this making it a little harder to hold on to possession in dangerous areas. It would be nice if the midfield press, especially for great teams was of the same intensity. This would make holding on to possession and moving the ball into opposing territory more of a battle.

Aside from that the actual first touch looks great, the defender's reaction (and space between them and the attacker) could be better.

# 3 Yeats @ 08/13/13 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
Although it looks amazing, how the defenders react to the movement will be critical. In the video, the defender seems to react poorly to the first touch.
The explanation for that is the video is User (attacker) vs CPU (defender), with the game set on easy difficulty to showcase the skill moves.

Get a load of the concrete net (1:10 mark). Now THAT needs some fixin'.

# 4 RoyceDa59 @ 08/13/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Get a load of the concrete net (1:10 mark). Now THAT needs some fixin'.
Lol, that is funny. Although, I have a feeling it won't look like that in the final version.

# 5 HKPound @ 08/13/13 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Lol, that is funny. Although, I have a feeling it won't look like that in the final version.
Yeah from what I've heard those small things usually wait until final code.

# 6 Yeats @ 08/13/13 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Yeah from what I've heard those small things usually wait until final code.
Except the nets in PES 2013 are pretty much like that, aren't they? A lot of PES gamers complained about them last year as I recall. Could be more a case of small things that quite possibly won't get fixed, again.

# 7 Simple Mathematics @ 08/13/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Except the nets in PES 2013 are pretty much like that, aren't they? A lot of PES gamers complained about them last year as I recall. Could be more a case of small things that quite possibly won't get fixed, again.
If the game plays great, I don't really care if the net turns into a box of kittens after I score a goal.

# 8 nvinceable1 @ 08/13/13 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
If the game plays great, I don't really care if the net turns into a box of kittens after I score a goal.
I would pay extra for that feature.

It amuses me though how people complain about the nets year after year. I honestly can't recall ever paying even the slightest bit of attention to the nets during all of the countless hours I've put into PES & FIFA over the years. Don't get me wrong, I want the presentation to be as authentic as possible but it's very low on the priority list for me. Give me fun, authentic, and challenging gameplay and the rest can look like Minecraft as far as I'm concerned,

# 9 Simaofan-20 @ 08/15/13 09:59 AM
You can tell the nets aren't final as they don't move at all. It will be changed in the final version clearly

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.