Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

According to the achievement lists on both Exophase and Xbox360Achievements, crew mode will make its return to NBA 2K14.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 daveberg @ 08/14/13 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Achivements doesn't make a game my friend. You will still have gameplay improvements and what not. Just cause it doesn't have an achivement for it doesn't mean it's not in the game.
That's a fair point. Though it does worry me that too much time would have been spent on Crew and LBJ mode that may lead to neglect elsewhere for those of us who have little interest in those features.

# 22 VDusen04 @ 08/14/13 08:01 AM
Quote:
Achivements doesn't make a game my friend. You will still have gameplay improvements and what not. Just cause it doesn't have an achivement for it doesn't mean it's not in the game.
You speak truthfully, though I also understand his subtly underwhelming response. I know Dave is very classic team and mostly offline oriented (as I am myself), so I think there's always hope that something fresh in both of those regards would be emerging - something big enough to make an appearance on the achievements.

Personally, whether the achievement list is real or not, I'm hoping the LeBron James mode deals with some classic teams/opponents from LeBron's era within the NBA. That'd at least be something that'd really catch my attention, in lieu of Association upgrades and other non-gameplay NBA authenticity improvements. In short, I think there is a slight fear amongst the offline folks that the focus isn't entirely there from 2K, perhaps instead concentrated on MyPlayer, MyTeam, and Crew. It's unfounded thus far, but I understand folks having that feeling.

# 23 Steve_OS @ 08/14/13 08:03 AM
I updated the OP w/ another source. Both sites are legit and have had early achievement lists for years. Crew is coming back in NBA 2K14.

# 24 Melbournelad @ 08/14/13 08:20 AM
So are these achievements for current gen and next gen 2k14 or just current gen? If its for next gen as well, that's disappointing. No mention of anything new for association.

# 25 spankdatazz22 @ 08/14/13 08:37 AM
Quote:
True - the perception will be that they didn't though. Hard to improve every mode every year in a tangible way with the game having so much content. Given how much Crew people hijacked threads over the past few years I predict civil war in the forums if offline features weren't appropriately addressed

# 26 Mintsa @ 08/14/13 08:41 AM
I'm glad I saw a Michael Jordan achievement...that means he's/classic Bulls teams are still in the game !

Also, I wonder why all of the stats achievements don't work for online matches. If I hit 15 3 pointers in an online match I should get the achievement. I wonder why it doesn't work like that ??

Stats are stats.....offline game or online game, it shouldn't matter.

# 27 Gramps91 @ 08/14/13 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Looks like it could be legit and I'm hoping Crew is in so people can stop asking for it.
this

C'mon 2k give us some offline association improvements and a word on differences between current gen and next gen

# 28 daveberg @ 08/14/13 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
You speak truthfully, though I also understand his subtly underwhelming response. I know Dave is very classic team and mostly offline oriented (as I am myself), so I think there's always hope that something fresh in both of those regards would be emerging - something big enough to make an appearance on the achievements.

Personally, whether the achievement list is real or not, I'm hoping the LeBron James mode deals with some classic teams/opponents from LeBron's era within the NBA. That'd at least be something that'd really catch my attention, in lieu of Association upgrades and other non-gameplay NBA authenticity improvements. In short, I think there is a slight fear amongst the offline folks that the focus isn't entirely there from 2K, perhaps instead concentrated on MyPlayer, MyTeam, and Crew. It's unfounded thus far, but I understand folks having that feeling.
Spot on my friend.

Unfortunately, anything post 2003 I have little interest in, NBA wise, especially anything involving LBJ. (Sorry, yes. I'm one of THOSE guys. )

I fear legendary/classic teams, although included this year, will have little or no change to them whatsoever which is almost criminal really when you look at how great the modding community has done with retro rosters - it's looking like I'll have stick to 2k13 if nothing substantial changes. Especially now us poor PS3 users can finally modify rosters with Reditor.

I guess we shall see what unfolds over the coming weeks.

# 29 Da_Czar @ 08/14/13 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
If this is legit then 2k14 isn't looking so appealing. Crew and a whole mode just for Bron?

No thanks.

2k13 and rayray34's retro rosters might be in my ps3 for a while to come.

Though i'll be keen to hear more info on the game in the coming weeks, hopefully it'll change my mind.
but you haven't heard about gameplay yet Dave! If that is important to you it might be enough to sway you.

# 30 daveberg @ 08/14/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
but you haven't heard about gameplay yet Dave! If that is important to you it might be enough to sway you.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed bro!

# 31 8and9 @ 08/14/13 09:19 AM
Looks like 2K's secret code announcement is ruined for most, ha.

# 32 iClutch @ 08/14/13 09:22 AM
Indifferent to Crew really, never really cared for the cheese in that mode. It was fun if it was perfect and it was inconsistent.

# 33 VDusen04 @ 08/14/13 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Spot on my friend.

Unfortunately, anything post 2003 I have little interest in, NBA wise, especially anything involving LBJ. (Sorry, yes. I'm one of THOSE guys. )

I fear legendary/classic teams, although included this year, will have little or no change to them whatsoever which is almost criminal really when you look at how great the modding community has done with retro rosters - it's looking like I'll have stick to 2k13 if nothing substantial changes. Especially now us poor PS3 users can finally modify rosters with Reditor.

I guess we shall see what unfolds over the coming weeks.
Ha, yes, I knew the prospect of post-2003 classics wouldn't do anything for you either. I was going to mention that.

That aside, I'm with you in regards to the other retros. I love that they exist in the first place, but lately it's felt a little like an open canvas being neglected. I admit to feeling like 2K13's direction outside of on-the-court gameplay kind of went in the complete opposite direction I desire in 2K13 and I'm hopeful some balance is struck this season. But as you said, the achievement list doesn't exactly provide much encouragement in that regard.

# 34 daveberg @ 08/14/13 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
How long have you been watching the NBA?
Since the early 90's. Watching full games before that was difficult due to being in the UK.

I don't watch the game much today, it just doesn't have the same spark it used to. Spend most of my time watching retro games from the 80's and 90's.

@ VDusen - haha, I'm getting far too predictable!

# 35 HakeemOlajuwon @ 08/14/13 09:41 AM
Quote:
Both Feet on the Ground
Sign an endorsement contract with either NikeŽ or Jordan in MyCAREER mode.
Oh no again...
why can't we choose others brands?
i thought the affiliation with nicekicks would have changed something in My Career mode...

# 36 daveberg @ 08/14/13 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Dave, do you see my point???

True, but I'm admittedly one of those annoying guys also. I want to play the game as realistically as possible - if it can't be done by conventional means then I just won't touch the mode. Online is practically a no go zone for me outside 2 or 3 guys whom I know play legit.

It's each to their own at the end of the day. Crew is def something I have zero interest in, and I can't say i'm looking forward to LBJ PTG either. Hopefully they'll be something left for us 'other' guys when the dust settles.

I'm glad you gents got what you wanted though, hope you enjoy it.

# 37 VDusen04 @ 08/14/13 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Now I've been an Operation Sports guy for awhile and I've read several comments over the years where people will say "I don't care much for playing online" or "I never played crew, and so what if it's gone, 2k is better offline" or this one "There's nothing but cheesers and hackers online, so there's no point in playing these modes, I'll stick to playing with my friends offline" which just leaves me dumbfounded because even playing offline with your friends you can get cheesed! Unless you're playing by "House Rules" i mean there's no way you can make the next person abide by your morals to play "fair". Online with your crew, Myplayer Blacktop, online association, Ranked Matches, Myteam matches are fun because you meet different people with different styles.
With respect, there's a lot of gamers who just prefer a controlled environment. I dip into online 2K each year and time and again, it becomes clear it's not what I want out of my experience. I enjoy playing how I want to play against an opponent I'll always be able to rely upon. I do not have friends who play NBA 2K and I do not particularly wish to develop online 2K friends. I just want to play at my own speed and in my own regard. I respect those who do enjoy meeting different 2K people and different 2K styles, but I feel it'd be shortsighted to assume that's what everyone's looking for when playing a videogame, yes?

That said, when it comes down to it, I'm not adverse to playing against my little brothers in a head to head game when I visit back home. But then, there's a little more comfort and certainty there because if he does do something annoying (repeated spin dunks) I can quickly say, "Dude..." and it stops. Online, that certainty doesn't exist and even when playing against opponents I respected and trusted, then I'd be worried as to whether I myself was not glitching the game somehow. It's just not a great experience for me.

# 38 MarvellousOne @ 08/14/13 10:00 AM
So crew mode is back...that's cool, I never played it back when it first came out, me and a few friends was going to try it but the online for 2K back then was horrendous. I will say I had fun with the blacktop online using my player, but it was only for a little bit. Personally, I really want Association mode beefed up, and would like to see my career improvements like summer league, training camp, draft combine and D-League as was in 2k10 return. (would like to see all that implemented into Association as well). Association just needs the bulk of the enhancements when it comes to game modes since for years it's been stale and neglected. Just my 2 cents on the matter but that's here nor there so, glad to see crew has returned for those that love it.

# 39 green225 @ 08/14/13 10:01 AM
sweet. crew returns, and now 2k goes from no buy, to MUST BUY.

# 40 LakersForLife @ 08/14/13 10:30 AM
My life is now complete!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.