Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The achievement list teased the announcement earlier, but 2K Sports has now confirmed NBA 2K14 will feature Crew Mode. As Shade8780 points out, it looks like it could be current-gen only, at the very least we won't know about its status on next-gen just yet.

Quote:
For those asking, yes full court 5v5. Community Team up guys were playing a 3v3 halfcourt game. CREWS 3v3 or 5v5 at this time.
(via @LD2K)

Quote:
Crews feature 3v3 half court or 5v5 full court with name/logo customization & leaderboards.
(via @Ronnie2K)

More news coming soon, what are your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 HakeemOlajuwon @ 08/14/13 03:58 PM
I don't really like how they use youtubers to promote the game in that video,it's like they sold their soul ^^

and i don't really like how they troll us with the "current gen only"

# 62 Taer @ 08/14/13 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
... What I BELIEVE they will announce is a LeBron mode similar to MJ's in 2k10, where you relive some of LeBron's greatest games.
This is exactly what I am expecting. So far, every "big" announcement is just a repackaged prior offering.

2k14 Euro teams = 2k13 Dream Team vs Olympic team

2k14 Crew mode = 2k13 Black Top

2k14 LBJ mode = 2K10 MJ mode is exactly what I expect to see announced as the centerpiece of this year's title.

# 63 m1ke_nyc @ 08/14/13 04:06 PM
I enjoyed crew mode in 2K10 when it first debuted. Hacks ran wild I figured that would be fixed for 2K11 and it got worse. Maybe now that's fixed but like others are saying it has to be in a arena with some sort of a pro ball feel to it, not in blacktop like a pickup game.

# 64 Matayeus @ 08/14/13 04:08 PM
I was sold , then I watched the video where can clearly see (at least in the vid) it was nothing more than blacktop with a record . Which isn't crew . They've now gone silent for a little bit which worried me , guess its just wait n see

# 65 packerboy71 @ 08/14/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Don't worry peeps, it's in an arena! KSpade just retweeted this.
Thank goodness.

# 66 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
KSpade, who's probably the biggest fan of Crew on YouTube, sounds super excited from what he's saying on Twitter. I don't know, hopefully it's not a Crew-labelled blacktop mode.
Lol yea I seen both him and IKC kinda laughing at people tweeting stuff at them. Who knows maybe its like EAs hockey thing where you can just do quickplay games through your crew and those end up as the 3 v 3 on blacktop but when you play real games 5 v 5 itll be in your arena

# 67 Sundown @ 08/14/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Can't see much, but player locomotion looks to be much better/smoother.
It actually looks more gamey/slidey than 2K13 to me, and the off-ball interactions don't seem as obvious, which was what made 2K13 special.

Like you said, can't see too much, but it doesn't look or feel more realistic/better upon first glance.

And why did they show 3 on 3 blacktop in a Crew promo?

And again, I'm sure we'd all rather have seen a *little* gameplay in full screen than six talking heads saying the same thing while squinting at the screen behind them.

With a mere six weeks left before mastering, 2K should really be more confident about just *showing* their product than hiding it in the shadows while having people talk about it on their behalf for two weeks.

# 68 Po0hd1n1 @ 08/14/13 04:17 PM
finally the "bring back crew" threads can stop only for the "stop cheesers in crew mode" to start

# 69 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 04:17 PM
Shake4ndBake tweeted People need to chill about "current gen only" they've released ZERO INFO on next gen, you cant even preorder it. Just wait... #2K14.

So looks like it most likely will be included when everythings finished

# 70 Saturnis @ 08/14/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Can't take theses youtubers anymore.
tell me about it, all they did was watch the game. Would love to actually hear from the people that put in work and explain it better than just "crew mode is back" 500 times over.

wouldn't this hurt their next gen sales? i want a next gen but whats the point when everyone i know will be on crew for ps3? really stupid idea to just have it on one only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Shake4ndBake tweeted People need to chill about "current gen only" they've released ZERO INFO on next gen, you cant even preorder it. Just wait... #2K14.

who cares what he tweets? this is a discussion thread for a reason.

# 71 MarvinOida @ 08/14/13 04:18 PM
Wonderin... How many people just buy 2K for crew? And how many of them bought 2K13?

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone

# 72 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 04:20 PM
who cares what he tweets? this is a discussion thread for a reason.[/quote]

Because alot of people were freaking out over it not being on next-gen? lol dont really see your point about a discussion thread because i was just giving another thing to discuss. But ok!

# 73 infam0us @ 08/14/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20

It says it at the end at the bottom of the screen "Current Gen Only". There is no reason to put that on the screen if its going to be in every version of the game. Unless 2k had a brain fart making the video which I doubt it looks like its a current gen feature.

# 74 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
It says it at the end at the bottom of the screen "Current Gen Only". There is no reason to put that on the screen if its going to be in every version of the game. Unless 2k had a brain fart making the video which I doubt it looks like its a current gen feature.
The point he was making is that they havent started to release anything for next-gen yet and theyve only really started to market there current gen game. I think once current-gen releases everything about next-gen will start being release. It may be differnt on next-gen which is why they wouldnt put it on that video

# 75 Gramps91 @ 08/14/13 04:23 PM
I really couldn't care less about crew. I really what to know differences between current and next-gen gameplay-wise, feature-wise, and graphic-wise. Crew mode doesn't matter to me in the slightest whether it's on one or the other so I'm still holding out because I don't know whether to reserve a PS3 or PS4 version.

# 76 Angel_G @ 08/14/13 04:23 PM
Just by looking at that logo they probably didn't touch create a team

# 77 Jujuwebe @ 08/14/13 04:24 PM
This is hilarious! Did 2k get a new marketing crew? Lets tweet a stupid code to hype everyone up! Now that crew was leaked lets reveal what it means! CREW is finally back guys! Lets show you a video of the team up guys playing blacktop with logos! By the way now that everyone is angry lets mention that it is also 5 on 5 and in a arena! #2KSports

# 78 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 04:30 PM
Quote:
Okay, I'm not worrying at all anymore. Actual Crew is back.... but better. Just look at KSpade's tweets.
What did he tweet?

# 79 Trini94 @ 08/14/13 04:32 PM
I just wanna know why would they put 3v3 crew on the blacktop, it should be in the arena too and have 2 other CPU full out the spots.

# 80 MarvinOida @ 08/14/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini94
I just wanna know why would they put 3v3 crew on the blacktop, it should be in the arena too and have 2 other CPU full out the spots.
It's basically pick up games dude.

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.