Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The achievement list teased the announcement earlier, but 2K Sports has now confirmed NBA 2K14 will feature Crew Mode. As Shade8780 points out, it looks like it could be current-gen only, at the very least we won't know about its status on next-gen just yet.

Quote:
For those asking, yes full court 5v5. Community Team up guys were playing a 3v3 halfcourt game. CREWS 3v3 or 5v5 at this time.
(via @LD2K)

Quote:
Crews feature 3v3 half court or 5v5 full court with name/logo customization & leaderboards.
(via @Ronnie2K)

More news coming soon, what are your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bottledwaterfan25 @ 08/14/13 04:55 PM
I really, sincerely hope that there is more to this than that video and the little info we have. Because, as it stands now, this is unacceptable. It shouldn't matter whether it's you and 1 friend or you and 4 friends launching up a crew game, it should be in an ARENA, NOT IN STREET CLOTHES, and 5v5 EVERY TIME. in 2k11 crew if you started a game with say 2 or 3 people on your crew the other two players are real NBA players controlled by a computer. There is NO excuse to not have the same presentation and setup that we all loved in 2k11 this time around. And don't even get me started on the "Current Gen only" BS. I really hope they prove me wrong and it's a good mode; but it looks like 2k has gone and let us down once again. I feel almost as disappointed seeing this "Crew" if you can even call it that, as I did when finding out that 2k12 and 13 didn't have it at all.

# 102 Sundown @ 08/14/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
I doubt it's only for current gen. All news we are seeing is going to be for current gen, we just have to wait for the next gen stuff which I think won't come about until current gen 2k14 is released
Not sure how else to interpret "Current Gen Only".

If Crew is on next gen, the last logical thing you'd put in an ad is "Current Gen Only".

If "Current Gen Only" actually means "Current Gen, but not really, because we haven't actually announced anything about Next Gen, but want to mislead and confuse by saying 'Current Gen Only'", their entire marketing team should be fired, rehired, and fired again.

Or at least be forced to retake remedial English.

# 103 Matayeus @ 08/14/13 05:00 PM
This ain't crew , it's pickup ball at the park , damn shame . Unless real crew is back , probably gonna sit this one out

# 104 xx13cloud @ 08/14/13 05:01 PM
if its 5v5 arena and 4 quarters ill be happy, plzzzzz dont be to 21 in 5v5

# 105 NINJAK2 @ 08/14/13 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
I'm actually discouraged by this news with it being either 3v3 or 5v5. I so happen have me and 3 other friends in real life who are die hard NBA2k fans and have been wanting crew back since they have removed it. We all 4 really can't play together in a 5v5 match, with our last man being the cpu like 2k11?
Hopefully between the 4 of you, you guys can find one more additional guy to run with.

Looks like they have reach in fouls on the blacktop (1:15 mark) which will be welcomed. Wish they would have taken inbounding the ball back to halfcourt and force people to have to pass the ball into play. Hopefully we have to win by 2 points at the least if still playing to 21. Happy for you crew guys

# 106 Vni @ 08/14/13 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Exactly the point ive been trying to make. There marketing for the Current Consoles. Once this game releases they will then start to market again.
To be honest I'd be shocked if that's what they're doing.

# 107 nip83 @ 08/14/13 05:02 PM
I guess too early to be bitching about anything.

However the video actually made me feel bad for some of the teamup members i respect(mostly shakedown who looked like the least happy of the bunch).Like these guys were invited and super excited to be there only to find out that they have been used as walking ,talking advertisements with no real ability to have their say.

Would ,some of you guys, that were voted for team-up members here in os, really relish the prospect to go next year ,after watching this video?

# 108 arimamba @ 08/14/13 05:03 PM
is funny how everyone is bashing 2k and ****.... even if is not the crew from 2K11 i would still play it because i know they wont have 99 hacked players or 10 ft player and the connection will be better.... i never had lag on 2k for the first time in years how about we just wait instead of being so ****ing negative?

# 109 Jrocc23 @ 08/14/13 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx13cloud
if its 5v5 arena and 4 quarters ill be happy, plzzzzz dont be to 21 in 5v5
That'll be ok. Basically like pickup from 2K11. Still not 2K11 "Crew", but it would be an upgrade from 2K13's Blacktop.

EDIT: Didn't notice you said "arena". Then that'll be 2K11 Crew w/ plays, commentary, fans, celebrations etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 110 JerzeyReign @ 08/14/13 05:07 PM
I'm not hip to this mode but this looks just like the blacktop mode. Oh well, I'm just glad its back so I don't have to read about it in every other thread haha.

# 111 uncfelix28 @ 08/14/13 05:07 PM
Wow LAZY 2K, SO LAZY! From what I am reading, it is uncertain if we are able to play in an arena-custom make jerseys & play 5V5 with an NBA team completing our Crew roster if we only have 3 or 4 guys playing.. Such weak sauce if that is the case!!!!

# 112 Sundown @ 08/14/13 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
I guess too early to be bitching about anything.

However the video actually made me feel bad for some of the teamup members i respect(mostly shakedown who looked like the least happy of the bunch).Like these guys were invited and super excited to be there only to find out that they have been used as walking ,talking advertisements with no real ability to have their say.
I also liked IPodKingCarter. His tone is reserved and basically wears this face the whole time.

Quote:
Would ,some of you guys, that were voted for team-up members here in os, really relish the prospect to go next year ,after watching this video?
I do think some of the guys here care so much about the gameplay that they wouldn't quite as enthusiastically "perform" for 2K to cement their relationship and increase their YouTube viewership.

That's why I have more hope for the talked about mid-year team-up involving guys who won't be leveraged purely for marketting purposes.

# 113 8and9 @ 08/14/13 05:10 PM
Hopefully they just renamed it for Next Gen. I honestly don't want to hear it as a "New/Returning feature" for 2K15 like did for block dunks.

# 114 MarvellousOne @ 08/14/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Not sure how else to interpret "Current Gen Only".

If Crew is on next gen, the last logical thing you'd put in an ad is "Current Gen Only".

If "Current Gen Only" actually means "Current Gen, but not really, because we haven't actually announced anything about Next Gen, but want to mislead and confuse by saying 'Current Gen Only'", their entire marketing team should be fired, rehired, and fired again.

Or at least be forced to retake remedial English.
I think it means that this reveal is only for current gen, being that they only want to show and market the current gen 2k14 right now, also crew for next gen it might be different than current gen and since again they are hush hush on next gen right now they say current gen only because that's all their speaking on.

# 115 Vni @ 08/14/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
I think it means that this reveal is only for current gen, being that they only want to show and market the current gen 2k14 right now, also crew for next gen it might be different than current gen and since again they are hush hush on next gen right now they say current gen only because that's all their speaking on.
They should make it very clear then and soon because they know tons of people will pre order the game now.
Tbh I just dislike everything how 2K market their game. They really go all the way with the wind wherever that takes em.

# 116 Rensational14 @ 08/14/13 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
Will VC transfer over? I'd like to start saving up for my Player now.
99% sure that it will not

# 117 Sundown @ 08/14/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
I think it means that this reveal is only for current gen, being that they only want to show and market the current gen 2k14 also crew for next gen might be different than current gen and since again they are hush hush on next gen right now they say current gen only because that's all there speaking on.
"Crew Mode On Current Gen Only"

I don't think I'm misunderstanding how words work.

If they didn't want to announce anything regarding next gen, they'd just say NOTHING regarding next gen or either gen.

Pretty sure there isn't a "different version of Crew" for next gen. It makes no sense to change/rename something for next gen when Crew is so sought after, asked for, and well known. More than likely, Crew doesn't exist on next gen.

At this point, I'm not even sure that Team-Up or My Player exist on next gen, as Crew is basically just those two modes put together. Next-gen 2K will require a VERY good looking facial generation system for created players to mesh with the lifelike next-gen cyberfaces, and creating such a system in a short amount of time is not at all trivial-- so it's completely possible that there's no next-gen Crew because there's no next-gen My Player in the first place.

And if this nightmare scenario is true, then it might also mean that there won't be a Create-A-Player function either, and players not on the disc will never make it in a roster the entire year.

I hope this isn't true, but the next-gen face-gen system could be the missing piece of technology holding everything back.

# 118 DakkoN @ 08/14/13 05:24 PM
All the people bringing up current gen only need to look back at the first version of the game for Xbox 360. That version was watered down as well and only had cool graphics to look at with bare modes. It wasn't until 2K7 that the bar was really set for the next gen with perhaps the single greatest leap from game to game in the history of sports gaming..

# 119 xx13cloud @ 08/14/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
That'll be ok. Basically like pickup from 2K11. Still not 2K11 "Crew", but it would be an upgrade from 2K13's Blacktop.

EDIT: Didn't notice you said "arena". Then that'll be 2K11 Crew w/ plays, commentary, fans, celebrations etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
yeah im all for 2k11 crew like you are i really hope it is similiar i just wish they would be more upfront about it and just stop saying its 3v3 and 5v5

# 120 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 08/14/13 05:26 PM
As of right now im calling this blacktop 2.0 , not really crew imo

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.