Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Microsoft has released a VERY brief glimpse of both Madden NFL 25 (roughly at :51 seconds) and FIFA 14 (roughly at :35 seconds) for the Xbox One.

Obviously, you can't take too much away from the footage, but we should see more after the release of current-gen Madden NFL 25 on August 27th.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JJT @ 08/19/13 10:50 AM
Very excited for next gen, madden we will see.

# 2 Reed1417 @ 08/19/13 10:55 AM
Super pumped for next gen. Although I will be waiting a bit to see what bugs and things happen so they can get cleaned up.

# 3 cthurt @ 08/19/13 11:02 AM
Looked like RG3 had ankle braces on...I like.

# 4 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 11:05 AM
Quick glimpse but the animations looked more fluid. I hope this is the case for the overall game. Can't wait to see extended footage.

# 5 NicVirtue @ 08/19/13 11:21 AM
In terms of the animations, still looks no different from current gen, but I won't turn blind eye to the "WIP" in the bottom corner.

# 6 Tweeg @ 08/19/13 11:30 AM
It's so hard to care about that at all with that camera angle. It looks 'nice', but I will never play the game from that point of view.

# 7 cashless @ 08/19/13 12:10 PM
Same footage they had at E3. Can't wait for some real god damn gameplay.

# 8 Brooke2011 @ 08/19/13 12:21 PM
Def a graphical upgrade. But want to see at least 5 min of gameplay with sideline and fan interaction.
But overall every time I see a video of next gen it is a positive experience.

Thanks Steve

# 9 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 01:10 PM
Even though I do feel it animates better than current gen, I still don't understand why things aren't more authentic and lifelike. Comparing it even to the games in that trailer, Madden looks the worst. Everything else animates smooth and life like, and Madden just always has looked stiff, awkward and robotic. I hope over this generation they recapture alot of the animations because they just don't look authentic to the NFL.

# 10 apollon42 @ 08/19/13 01:20 PM
Looks like they have different dread lengths. If you look, Marshawn Lynch's dreads look longer than RG3's. Overall, I love it.

# 11 apollon42 @ 08/19/13 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Looked like RG3 had ankle braces on...I like.

Now they just need to add his knee brace.

# 12 tnixen @ 08/19/13 01:31 PM
Sports gaming on PS4 and Xbox One is going to be just amazing I have no doubt about that! Now of course maybe the first versions on Next Gen will not be mind blowing spectacular but I have no doubt that by the second and third versions we will see sports games that will make us crap our pants! I am so excited like everyone else and I am getting 2 PS4's this holiday season one for living room and one for bedroom and downloaded versions of Madden 25 and either NBA Live 14 or NBA2K 14 and then MLB 14 The Show in the spring

I enjoy my sports games on PS3 but I have been more then ready for next gen gaming for over 2 years now!

# 13 seasprite @ 08/19/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Sports gaming on PS4 and Xbox One is going to be just amazing I have no doubt about that! Now of course maybe the first versions on Next Gen will not be mind blowing spectacular but I have no doubt that by the second and third versions we will see sports games that will make us crap our pants!
While I am hoping you are dead on here, there is something about this thought that sounds awful familiar to what we thought prior to the current gen. I hope that we dont see the same thing this time around.

# 14 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Clearly they didn't build an entire new engine. From everything we have seen so far it's things we have seen on current gen as well. There isn't a lot of content to it. Things should be a lot better next year, but if they are just using a slightly advanced version of current gen then we might be in for another long ride.
Yeah the base animation/locomotion needs to be done over. It's just not realistic and doesn't blend well with the other animations. Even alot of those aren't great. Just playing the Madden 25 demo, for every good animation I see 5-6 awkward ones.

# 15 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
While I am hoping you are dead on here, there is something about this thought that sounds awful familiar to what we thought prior to the current gen. I hope that we dont see the same thing this time around.
Well the transition is definitely going to be better. The game will undoubtedly be a better entry into the generation than Madden 06, but I don't think it will be enough to make us totally forgive and forget this awful, AWFUL(IMO) generation of football.

# 16 seasprite @ 08/19/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well the transition is definitely going to be better. The game will undoubtedly be a better entry into the generation than Madden 06, but I don't think it will be enough to make us totally forgive and forget this awful, AWFUL(IMO) generation of football.
I can forgive in a heartbeat if they fix many of the glaring legacy issues and produce a product that shows a great effort.

# 17 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 02:09 PM
EA is holding a press conference tomorrow at gamescon. Maybe we'll see a new trailer or something for next gen.

# 18 Gorilla Glass @ 08/19/13 02:09 PM
I just hope the animation and graphics live up to next gen.

I could careless for what type of cleats or gloves a player wears. Thats secondary stuff to what needs to happen on field.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 08/19/13 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Ironically, I'm in the minority here for my excitement for next gen, lol. The reason being is that I feel like the focus is finally shifting to the things that matter... The actual football UNDER THE HOOD. I like graphics as much as the next guy, but graphics are not what make sports games great. While a big portion of OS concerns itself with facemasks, socks, hair and arm bands (which is fine, btw), I could really care less about those things. I want the players to move realistically, to interact realistically, and most importantly, make intelligent and realistic decisions. I like what I am seeing with the line play and the blocking. I'll be 100% honest here - if the graphics didn't improve at all from this gen, but the football gameplay made a giant leap, I would not be at all disappointed. All pro Football 2k8 is still my all time favorite football game and the graphics in that game are far from spectacular. It's the football underneath that makes it so special. That's what I am looking for in a next gen football game. I want football intelligence to matter and allow me to play the game as an adult instead of a 10 year old kid.
All truth right here. Even though I do care about the authenticity of the appearance, gameplay and ai trump that. I'm an animations guy, and if they can finally get those things looking right, I'll be extremely happy. I just want them to nail the feel, look, sound, and pace of the NFL in this next generation. They have a LONG way to go though. I hope that is truly their focus, and if it is, I hope they have the skills to make it a reality for us.

# 20 Gorilla Glass @ 08/19/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Ironically, I'm in the minority here for my excitement for next gen, lol. The reason being is that I feel like the focus is finally shifting to the things that matter... The actual football UNDER THE HOOD. I like graphics as much as the next guy, but graphics are not what make sports games great. While a big portion of OS concerns itself with facemasks, socks, hair and arm bands (which is fine, btw), I could really care less about those things. I want the players to move realistically, to interact realistically, and most importantly, make intelligent and realistic decisions. I like what I am seeing with the line play and the blocking. I'll be 100% honest here - if the graphics didn't improve at all from this gen, but the football gameplay made a giant leap, I would not be at all disappointed. All pro Football 2k8 is still my all time favorite football game and the graphics in that game are far from spectacular. It's the football underneath that makes it so special. That's what I am looking for in a next gen football game. I want football intelligence to matter and allow me to play the game as an adult instead of a 10 year old kid.
You said it brotha!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.