Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

NBA 2K14 Producer Erick Boenisch (AKA SimBaller), has confirmed classic teams will return to NBA 2K14 (post #200). More details will be revealed at a later date. Some of you may have already been aware of the news, but for those that were not, you can calm down.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mpenias @ 08/19/13 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Chip
get rid of :

-71–72 Los Angeles Lakers
-1970-71 Hawks
-1985-86 Hawks(add 89 Hawks)
-1997-98 Lakers(add 2001 instead)
The 2000's had some awesome individual players. What if they stuck in a 2003 all star roster? We get to play around with some greats in their primes who may not ever warrant their teams inclusion to a game.

# 22 STLRams @ 08/19/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
And for the love of god please update their playbooks and player play types. Those made the mode unplayable and unenjoyable until changed last year! Plus each team only had like 15 plays each and 10 wouldn't work for CPU.

Agreed! Please 2K have there playbooks correct this year, the classic teams played much better and more realistic after correcting there playbooks. Very glad to hear that the classic teams are back in the game, I probably played more classic team games on 2K13 than I did current teams.

# 23 jersez @ 08/19/13 02:44 PM
I just want proper rivals for each retro team.

# 24 HealyMonster @ 08/19/13 02:57 PM
I just want Reggie Miller. its a double edged sword because instead of enjoying the rest of the game, id just continue playing the knicks in play now and draining 3's all day.

# 25 STLRams @ 08/19/13 02:59 PM
-Playbook and Play System enhancements – The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays-

Hopefully this will apply to the classic teams playbooks as well.

# 26 quehouston @ 08/19/13 03:18 PM
We couldn't possibly think that they WEREN'T gonna be in the game, could we?

# 27 bigdoc85 @ 08/19/13 03:18 PM
Well, I guess I'm pre-ordering once again!

# 28 Crystar500 @ 08/19/13 03:27 PM
I'm really hoping for the Jason Kidd New Jersey Nets and the TMac-Yao era Rockets as classic teams. That would be fun.

# 29 HowDareI @ 08/19/13 03:37 PM
Young Iverson on 76ers
Vince Carter on Raptors
Tmac on Magic
Tmac and Yao on Rockets
Kobe after the Shaq trade (when the Lakers sucked but he was unstoppable lol)
Lebrons last year on the Cavs
Jermaine Oneal on the Pacers
The Suns with Amare and Nash
The Nuggets with Melo Kmart Camby
Nets with J Kidd and Kmart
Warriors with Jason Richardson
Dwade and Shaq on Miami
Young Wilt on the Sixers
Get Kareem back, same with Cwebb

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head lol

# 30 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
-Playbook and Play System enhancements – The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays-

Hopefully this will apply to the classic teams playbooks as well.
It doesn't

# 31 Cardot @ 08/19/13 03:55 PM
Would be nice if they could be used in an offline tournament mode.

No '95 Nets...or they will be sued.

# 32 Goffs @ 08/19/13 03:59 PM
Look forward to finally blocking some shots with Mt. Mutombo!

# 33 PJBrownHeat @ 08/19/13 04:00 PM
Just one thing to say: good news!!!

# 34 xirdneh132 @ 08/19/13 04:01 PM
It would be even better if they allowed you to edit their ages like they used to be able to do. Not sure why they took that option out but it is annoying

# 35 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Would be nice if they could be used in an offline tournament mode.

No '95 Nets...or they will be sued.
You can use them now in playoff mode if that is what your asking.

# 36 Wildcats302 @ 08/19/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You can use them now in playoff mode if that is what your asking.
Can we use them in Season Mode? Like if I want to do an 82 game season and put Magic, Worthy, etc, on the Lakers with Kobe, Gasol, etc, and Bird, Russell, etc, with Rondo on the Celtics, Jordan, Pippen with Rose, Noah, etc, can I do that?

I know in the past on 2k12 it was a pain to get legends into season or association. Obviously I see no point in putting a lot of legends into an association so it would be a one year type deal in season mode.

Also, not sure what you can and cannot comment on so I won't ask about any new additions or if any of the ones like Kareem, Dr. J, Webb, etc, are back but in general was the status quo from last kept in terms of who is in the game? I respect and understand if you cannot even answer that.

# 37 Da_Czar @ 08/19/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Can we use them in Season Mode?
I didn't try. I specifically asked for the classics to be able to play in playoff mode after 2k11 when you couldn't do. SimBaller put the work in to make that happen. Hopefully they didn't remove it this year as I forgot to remind him.

# 38 MarvinOida @ 08/19/13 04:33 PM
Wow, that post is OLD. Now what I'm expecting:

LeBron: Path to Greatness will feature Classic Teams, will it be in similar to MJ: Greatest Moments? Possibly, there's many ways this can happen.

1) LeBron: Path to Greatness will feature Classic Teams that wee in important matchups to LeBrons Career. (Like MJ: Greatest Moments)

2) L:PtG will involve the current Heat playing against the current set of classic teams + more (Like the Era Challenges in 2k12 Legends Showcase)

3) L:PtG will feature classic teams from LeBrons Career, but add miscellaneous teams from Games past, like the current set of teams and including the "NBA: Greatest Moments" teams featured in NBA 2K13. Why you can't find those teams, well, its a short, sad, and wondrous story. (Involves the device where I made this message from.)

As far as I know, no say on additions/subtractions, just teams from NBA past have returned. Don't be surprised if someone is replaced/removed/added.

EDIT: read the Gamescon impression, PTG starts in the future? I'm kinda wondering, cause if be only played that Jan. 24th Spurs game as LeBron, then what happens about that? Go on with the season or get a random cutscene to start the mode off with flashbacks and travel back. Really gonna be bummed if its just CAL: LeBron and I would have to finish that season to unlock NBA: CAL

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone

# 39 daveberg @ 08/19/13 05:42 PM
Legends are BACK!

Finally! Some decent news!!!

This is one happy chappy right here!

# 40 Cleveland Rocks @ 08/19/13 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Wow, that post is OLD.
As far as I know, no say on additions/subtractions, just teams from NBA past have returned. Don't be surprised if someone is replaced/removed/added.

EDIT: read the Gamescon impression, PTG starts in the future? I'm kinda wondering, cause if be only played that Jan. 24th Spurs game as LeBron, then what happens about that? Go on with the season or get a random cutscene to start the mode off with flashbacks and travel back. Really gonna be bummed if its just CAL: LeBron and I would have to finish that season to unlock NBA: CAL

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone
Yeah at this point I would be thrilled and surprised if we get 85% of what we have now in terms of classic teams, they have been very vauge on this point.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.