Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has released the second title update for NCAA Football 14, which is available now for 360 and PS3 users.

The update includes multiple presentation and performance issues, as well as gameplay enhancements listed below.
  • Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %
  • Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty
  • Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly
  • Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”
  • Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.
  • Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3
  • PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.
NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
  • Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
  • Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
  • Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 GisherJohn24 @ 08/21/13 04:41 PM
IS CUSTOM STADIUM SOUNDS FIXED FOR THE 360!???!???

# 122 mbergh22 @ 08/21/13 04:41 PM
Quote:

The glitch (PS3) after a TD is scored and the camera is stuck on the ball or the player who scored is still present. It has been like that since the demo.
I just played a whole game with many touchdowns and not once did I see that happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

# 123 Sparkles @ 08/21/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
IS CUSTOM STADIUM SOUNDS FIXED FOR THE 360!???!???
Unfortunately, nope :/

# 124 kingsofthevalley @ 08/21/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I'm going to have to disagree with you completely on this. I played three games yesterday on Heisman, including games against Alabama and LSU, and running was just as easy as ever. They didn't touch that at all.
Dont know about what you have going on man but I know for a fact block shedding is better. I wont debate on the up the gut run plays at the moment as I need to play a few more games to see. However, the game I played last night, those dives were less successful, garnering 3 to 4 yards per play rather than 6 to 8, I was looking right at it.

# 125 GisherJohn24 @ 08/21/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
Unfortunately, nope :/
VERY DISAPPOINTING. Explains why they weren't too detailed about it. Like when a dog puts it's head between it's leg. Afraid to speak too much. UGH.

# 126 Maverick09 @ 08/21/13 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewcomer5
Did they do anything with the ATK glitch? I played a game and my two players with the most tackles and both had 8 tackles and no ATK. Also I had only 3 ATK all game. When looking at my opponents they had ATK and solo tackles pretty well spread out. Doesn't appear they fixed this issue.
Just finished playing a game, my team had 11 ATK, while the CPU had 0. I've never had as many as 11, so they possibly tweaked it. Who knows.

# 127 jeremym480 @ 08/21/13 05:12 PM
It's way to small of a sample size to tell and it certainly could have been placebo, but my QB had his worst game of the season last night.

He went 15/28 for 312 yards with 3 TD's and 4 INT's

Previously he had thrown 9 TD's and 3 INT's through 6 games. It could have just been a bad game or a coincidence, but throws that I was making in pre-patch got picked off last night. It's definitely something to keep an eye on going forward.

# 128 Ramminyou @ 08/21/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Dont know about what you have going on man but I know for a fact block shedding is better. I wont debate on the up the gut run plays at the moment as I need to play a few more games to see. However, the game I played last night, those dives were less successful, garnering 3 to 4 yards per play rather than 6 to 8, I was looking right at it.
What offense do you run? Are you running out of the spread and doing option runs? I do and I promise, there is no difference.

# 129 LastExit @ 08/21/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I've had audio drops since '12. I'm used it. After every first down or big play, the crowd cuts in and out.
Are you on PS3 or XBox......I don't know if this is an issue with both consoles or just the PS3.

Yeah, this has been a problem for the past 3 years (on PS3, anyway) but the patch exacerbated the problem.

# 130 The JareBear @ 08/21/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
It's way to small of a sample size to tell and it certainly could have been placebo, but my QB had his worst game of the season last night.

He went 15/28 for 312 yards with 3 TD's and 4 INT's

Previously he had thrown 9 TD's and 3 INT's through 6 games. It could have just been a bad game or a coincidence, but throws that I was making in pre-patch got picked off last night. It's definitely something to keep an eye on going forward.
I have only played two games so far but have also noticed similar results.

# 131 therizing02 @ 08/21/13 06:23 PM
I just finished the best game I've played on NCAA 14...

Autzen Stadium

(me)Ohio State 20 Oregon 17

DEFAULT HEISMAN
SPEED THRESHOLD 50
ALL PENALTIES DEFAULT
VERY SLOW
YUKON46 ROSTER
9 MINUTE QUARTERS

I know Yukon's coach profiles are different, but I'm starting to believe that there may have been some under the hood corrections. Can't really say for sure what it is, but something feel different. I think the block shedding is better at default and maybe a little better pass coverage.

Loved the game because I had to make adjustments and try different things and mix up the play calling the entire game to keep Oregon in check.

# 132 Chedapalooza @ 08/21/13 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
I just played a whole game with many touchdowns and not once did I see that happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
I saw glitch quite frequently in multiple games. Less than pre patch but still there

# 133 jake44np @ 08/21/13 08:04 PM
Anyone else notice the in game stats are now gone?
It use to show the players stats after every play now they don't.

# 134 BallinVol @ 08/21/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Anyone else notice the in game stats are now gone?
It use to show the players stats after every play now they don't.
I'm still seeing them, could be an isolated incident. I had a few games like this pre-patch. It seems like certain games have that bug.

# 135 ryn2o01 @ 08/21/13 09:22 PM
Just played another game with ODU and got called "The Big Blue" instead of the "Monarchs". Good job on patching that.

# 136 BadAssHskr @ 08/21/13 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I saw the news regarding the second patch and I was so excited, because I was sure that I was going to find reasons within this thread to go out and get this game again. However, after reading this entire thread, I see nothing other than fixed facemasks that makes me want to go out and buy this game again. Is there really nothing this patch did to improve the game? Is there nothing to warrant a new purchase of it?

There has to be a meme for this.

Has his own slider thread

Doesn't own the game.

# 137 BadAssHskr @ 08/21/13 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Husker, I traded the game for Madden last weekend. I thought I made that known in my thread.

I was just pulling chain man, i know you always have a thread, i just don't follow sliders to often, wasnt aware you traded up.

# 138 SandlotHero @ 08/21/13 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn2o01
Just played another game with ODU and got called "The Big Blue" instead of the "Monarchs". Good job on patching that.
This is beyond annoying. I was excited about ODU finally being in the game and getting to play a dynasty with a "small" school from my home state, and the whole "The Big Blue" thing complete kills it for me. Big Blue is name of the mascot, not the nickname. Way to go EA, maybe next year if there is a game and Appalachian State is added they can be called Yosef instead of the Mountaineers.

# 139 bigbob @ 08/21/13 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I saw a new animation today, this is my first game with new patch. I jumped offsides and tackled the center. I've never seen that before. I played close to 60-70 games and never had that happen before.
That happened to me a few days ago (the only time it's ever happened), although I didn't jump offsides.. the center just never snapped the ball.

# 140 mrwarre85 @ 08/21/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryn2o01
Lol. Priceless.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.