Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Gamekult has posted some new NBA 2K14 gameplay videos featuring the Euroleague. (Link #1, Link #2, Link #3) Some users are having problems getting the videos to play. VNI has uploaded them to Youtube and embedded them below.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 alabamarob @ 08/21/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I def talked with them on the layup portion of that. It's sticky so won't go into it but it's being discussed.
If you are athletic and can finish with both hands in real life you are an above average finisher. It takes skill. Either a rating or removal of off handed animations for "Sprewell/Drexler's" would suffice. It can't be hard to just remove left hand layups and finishes from Bismarck byombo's arsenal.

# 82 Vni @ 08/21/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
ok lets real and honest with ourselves here...one the spacing looked good in 2k13 first videos that was posted before the game came out and the bounce pass on the fast break looked nice too as well before the game came out but as soon we got the game in our hands it seem like of those good things just disappear ..so my point is i wouldn't buy into too much you see until you get your hands on the game yourself..
Spacing didn't look good.

And what's wrong with the bounce pass, I don't really see it.

# 83 quehouston @ 08/21/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
Sorry but it looks the same I know last year they released screenshots and videos before they made new player cyberfaces. If your asking me to buy a new $60 game for passing and bring the ball up animations you good
Graphically yes it does look about the same. But did you seriously not see the gameplay improvements? Everything is so much smoother, better interior D. Smoother transitions from dribbling to shooting. There's way more there then "passing and bring the ball up animations".

# 84 mauro78 @ 08/21/13 01:52 PM
Q: Do you guys think we put euroleague players into FA and then to NBA rosters?

# 85 BallIsLife2 @ 08/21/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradok
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yxRVQiMFE

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj__ajOJ0xs

sorry 2k.
You tell them brethems. I love the atmosphere and they definitely should include it in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Graphically yes it does look about the same. But did you seriously not see the gameplay improvements? Everything is so much smoother, better interior D. Smoother transitions from dribbling to shooting. There's way more there then "passing and bring the ball up animations".
He's still going to buy it anyways. Just leave him be.

# 86 quehouston @ 08/21/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
You tell them brethems. I love the atmosphere and they definitely should include it in the game.

He's still going to buy it anyways. Just leave him be.
Lmaoooooo true true

# 87 BallIsLife2 @ 08/21/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Lmaoooooo true true
The ones who are the first to complain are the ones who will be first in line for the new product when it arrives.

# 88 VDusen04 @ 08/21/13 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you are athletic and can finish with both hands in real life you are an above average finisher. It takes skill. Either a rating or removal of off handed animations for "Sprewell/Drexler's" would suffice. It can't be hard to just remove left hand layups and finishes from Bismarck byombo's arsenal.
While admitting I actually have no idea how it works, I'm thinking the game is programmed to yield certain shooting results from a particular area on the floor. And perhaps some of them are just mirrored from one side to the other to simplify matters. Or perhaps there's just not enough adequate options for players from certain places on the floor to not go lefty.

For instance, I don't think there's any reason the running, right-to-left, push run hook fallaway float piece exists in 2K13 except as a means to an end. I don't think 2K13 vowed to make that shot occur as often as it does, but it was needed to make the game function correctly.

In short, I think the problem is more complicated than we wish it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
The double standard against sports games amazes me. How do you expect it to look? I don't see Call of Duty looking all that different outside of setting - which sports games don't have the luxury of doing. So, what do you expect to see different? I'm curious.
That's a good question, and I'm not sure if I have concrete answers off hand, but I kind of get where some of those people are coming from. I may not agree with the manner with which they voice their displeasure, but I'm just saying I understand the feeling of sameness.

Maybe a big simple part could have to do with the presentation re-tread. It sounds fickle, and it doesn't mean I'm counting out the improvements, but I think a lot of us could relate to wanting our new things to have a new feel. New overlay, new wipes, cleaner net movements, fresh alley-oop animations. This looks like it'll be a game that may at times require long, detailed looks and/or hands-on-playing to pick up on everything that differentiates it from 2K13. As such, it's not going to do much for those looking for a grabber right from the get-go.

# 89 Da_Czar @ 08/21/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
uhhh. Your basing it can't be hard on... Think about this. What happens if you don't have a correct hand asset that fits the timing defense and situation? What happens then ?

Just illustrating a point. We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL

# 90 infam0us @ 08/21/13 02:16 PM
Some small tweaks but nothing over the top but thats expected.

The defensive stance looked good, cant wait to see how it feels guarding people in the perimeter in 2k14. Another small thing was at the end of the 3rd video when the guy maneuvered around his teammate after the rebound rather than running into him or dribbling the ball off his leg.

# 91 alabamarob @ 08/21/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
uhhh. Your basing it can't be hard on... Think about this. What happens if you don't have a correct hand asset that fits the timing defense and situation? What happens then ?

Just illustrating a point. We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL
To be clear. When I say it can't be hard, I was under the impression that players are given certain layup, and dunk packages. So can't they just take that left handed or right handed layup out of the package. Unless like vdus says it is mirroring and there is no left hand or right hand specific layup or dunk.

I have never made a game and in no way would I know how hard or easy something is. My point was that I would think it would be easy to add or take away from a layup package. Do you get what I'm saying?

Additionally, if Bismack got stuck on the left side of the rim the shot he would take in real life would be either a vertical right hand layup in the defenders face, a fadeaway, or he would pivot to finish towards the middle. The league is full of one handed bandits.

I get your point. I was simply asking if they gave everyone different shooting animations and packages, why can't they make certain players shoot layups with only one hand the same way they make people shoot jumpers with only one hand. That is what I was saying could not be to difficult.

# 92 Da_Czar @ 08/21/13 02:43 PM
Quote:
To be clear. When I say it can't be hard, I was under the impression that players are given certain layup, and dunk packages. So can't they just take that left handed or right handed layup out of the package. Unless like vdus says it is mirroring and there is no left hand or right hand specific layup or dunk.

I have never made a game and in no way would I know how hard or easy something is. My point was that I would think it would be easy to add or take away from a layup package. Do you get what I'm saying?
Ok. I get what your saying.

# 93 JasonWilliams55 @ 08/21/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Just illustrating a point.
We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL

There is no need to get rid of the animation/stop players from being able to do it
or the freq. that it happens... but there needs to either be a rating (off-hand lay/dunk) or a penalty assessed for off hand (lay/dunks) as I mentioned earlier.

Now as for the skill part mentioned from Arob, thats exactly it, it does take skill... why do announcers say, "WOW what a finish with the left... what a tough shot, etc etc etc" if it was so common (as it so is in the 2K world).

We have SIG SKILLS... now here is the perfect opportunity for the FINISHER SIG SKILL to SHINE... players who have this either don't get as much of an penalty or it negates the penalty outright. If it goes this way then the aforementioned penalty assessment needs to be greater than 10%, maybe 20%.

So lets look at that in numbers.

So a 99 rated layup, off hand would be reduced to:

@25% = 74.25
@20% = 79
@15% = 84.5
@10% = 89.1

If the FINISHER SIG SKILL was applied, then it would either negate those penalties or reduce (personal preference to reduce than to negate) the penalty amount, say half (for ex):

@25% - SIG SKILL = @12.5% = 86.63
@20% - SIG SKILL = @10% = 89.1
@15% - SIG SKILL = @7.5% = 91.58
@10% - SIG SKILL = @5% = 94

Shoot you could even have 3 levels of FINISHER if wanted, I wouldn't personally want to see that, as I feel you're either a FINISHER or not.

# 94 HowDareI @ 08/21/13 03:07 PM
How can people still think the graphics have room to improve? There's only so much space on a disc and at a certain point GAMEplay means more to a GAME than graphics.

Rant aside, the gameplay looks smooth. Just hoping there's some big blocks in the paint this year, and obviously I hope the rebounding's improved. Not gonna criticize any footage, I'll save my true judgement once I get my hands on a demo.

# 95 Barbatrucco @ 08/21/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradok
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yxRVQiMFE

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj__ajOJ0xs

sorry 2k.
THIS IS WHAT I SAY FOR MONTHS! ! ! THIS IS THE EUROLEAGUE ATMOSPHERE!!!

2K Engeneers, It's so difficult to record this choirs and insert in the european games?? Come on... European games has no sense with the Nba fans atmosphere. It would be like a Nba game with tennis fans... no sense. You 2K have signed a two year contract with Eurolegue and you have to recreate the Euroleague atmosphere for 2K15!!! It's the atmosphere that make Euroleague great. Put only the european roster with nba fans has no sense.

# 96 Barbatrucco @ 08/21/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
OS.. OS where have you gone ? There is lots of goodness in these videos. I'm not going to say much but you guys are missing some gems in there.

Pause the 3rd video at 31 sec and tell me what you see ? Yall sleeping!

13 sec of 3rd video on-ball defender stays in stance and puts hand up to challege shot or passing lane... While moving man, I thought yall loved basketball ROTFLOL.

Natural fast breaks with passing to cutters not being bobbled. You can see the speed of the passes there also.
I I have to spend 60 euros, so I expect a lot of improvements, as it has in 2K13 comparison to 2K12.
But here i see the same graphics of 2K13 (and 2K12, and 2K11) and I wonder why the graphics of 2K9 was better. 95% of the movements are the same as 2K13. Yes, there are some improvements, but I also see some shots laked (like Batiste from three in the first action of the second video) and other things I do not like. I honestly expected a lot more from this 2K14 and I am very disappointed by the first videos. It 's like a NBA 2K13 patched very well. But the 2K13 patched very well already exist on 2Kshare.

# 97 Da_Czar @ 08/21/13 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
I I have to spend 60 euros, so I expect a lot of improvements, as it has in 2K13 comparison to 2K12.
But here i see the same graphics of 2K13 (and 2K12, and 2K11) and I wonder why the graphics of 2K9 was better. 95% of the movements are the same as 2K13. Yes, there are some improvements, but I also see some shots laked (like Batiste from three in the first action of the second video) and other things I do not like. I honestly expected a lot more from this 2K14 and I am very disappointed by the first videos. It 's like a NBA 2K13 patched very well. But the 2K13 patched very well already exist on 2Kshare.
Sir we are on like the 9th game of this generation of consoles. I think your expectations on improvements for a game on it's 9th or 10th iteration is not inline with reality.

I think what you may be looking for is a next gen experience. It's never not going to look familiar. It is basketball. How much do NBA games in real life change from one year to the next. Lebron will do the exact same dunks this year he did last year. Ray's jumper is not going to change. There is nothing new under the sun.

That said I know there are some users who only buy sports games every second year. Maybe consider that.

Also you can wait a few months and get the game used as well.

# 98 mauro78 @ 08/21/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
Cmon you just saw 3 gameplay videos....let's wait a little bit more
2k13 was with some flaws....2k14 current gen has to fix those flaws...for people looking to a new graphics engine wait until nov 15th

# 99 BezO @ 08/21/13 03:25 PM
Looks good. I saw some new animations. I liked the spacing. I can't say I noticed much zip on passes though, and some silly pass animations are still present.

Boxing out looked decent in the 1st vid but very passive in vids 2 & 3. Mostly makes, but players looked free to crash for offensive boards if there were rebound chances.

# 100 Aviator S @ 08/21/13 03:31 PM
Few key observations

Jumpshots are like NBA 2K12
Passing has improved
Pick and Roll improved
Defensive allignments on point, no more wrestling under the rim (from what I saw from this footage)
Presentation still not addressed, maybe next gen higher priority? hmmm

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.