Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Gamekult has posted some new NBA 2K14 gameplay videos featuring the Euroleague. (Link #1, Link #2, Link #3) Some users are having problems getting the videos to play. VNI has uploaded them to Youtube and embedded them below.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 arimamba @ 08/21/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
You can't just say this universally. It depends on the ballhandler and the shooter who's being left open. I'd leave Ray Allen if LeBron was trying to get to the basket.
are you crazy you will never win a basketball game with that mentality.. a 2 ois better than a 3.... and you will probably foul lebron if you get too much help on him or he would just pass 2 ray allen

# 122 NINJAK2 @ 08/21/13 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
They did a little bit. 2K13 Durant's face is way uglier than this.
I don't see it Vni but I think I will partake in your optimism. I'm a realist and wasn't expecting this game to look leaps and bounds better than 2k13 but I do expect player face upgrades at the very least and don't think that is a big request for us current gen-ers(Especially the cover guys). Just don't want Beluba and LD2k to go all Don Mattrick (former xbox guy) on us current gen-ers by saying: "We have a game for people that want improved faces where KD doesn't look like Winnie the Pooh with a Goatee and Faried actually has his dreads right..You can play it on the PS4 or Xbox 1!"..

The true test on how big a leap 2k14 is won't be able to be discovered until the sticks are in our hands. Can we impact the ball handler on defense? Do the passes travel with more velocity? Have the amount of AUTOmations been reduced to create more control? Is the 1-3-1 defense still a go-to crutch for cheesers? Can defenders create contact with constant rim attackers/dunkers? These are the most pressing questions for me.

# 123 JSensui @ 08/21/13 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
It's still early but I'm not impressed, at all.

I can't wait for Ronnie to start the hype machine again for a product that will look exactly like 2K13.
Then there's the inevitable part where the guys who played it at the meetup are like, "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WANT TO PLAY 2K13 AFTER THIS ONE!"

As said before, extremely underwhelming. Yeah, it looks better than 2k13, but it's basically just a bit more polished. Assuming this is about close to the end product, then this is one of the weaker jumps between titles in recent years.

# 124 Eman5805 @ 08/21/13 06:59 PM
Spoiler alert: 2K15 is going to look a lot like 2K14 graphically for next and current gen. You can't completely overhaul graphics with just a one year dev cycle. Just isn't feasible.

You see this with EVERY repeat sports title except for Olympics games.

# 125 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/13 07:08 PM
I personally wanted to get a look at rotating defense on the pick and rolls.....didn't see much of that...

I also would personally (and I think its safe to say I can speak for everyone here) like to see Czar get a copy early and do that thing he does where he makes the game more hyped (pre-release) than 2K sports can.....

10 teams, 10 days!!!

# 126 Vni @ 08/21/13 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I don't see it Vni but I think I will partake in your optimism. I'm a realist and wasn't expecting this game to look leaps and bounds better than 2k13 but I do expect player face upgrades at the very least and don't think that is a big request for us current gen-ers(Especially the cover guys). Just don't want Beluba and LD2k to go all Don Mattrick (former xbox guy) on us current gen-ers by saying: "We have a game for people that want improved faces where KD doesn't look like Winnie the Pooh with a Goatee and Faried actually has his dreads right..You can play it on the PS4 or Xbox 1!"..
I've checked and it's not as obvious as I thought it was for Durant so I don't know.

Quote:
I also would personally (and I think its safe to say I can speak for everyone here) like to see Czar get a copy early and do that thing he does where he makes the game more hyped (pre-release) than 2K sports can.....

10 teams, 10 days!!!
Why doesn't 2K listen? 10 teams 10 days got everyone really hyped for the game.

# 127 Goffs @ 08/21/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Why doesn't 2K listen? 10 teams 10 days got everyone really hyped for the game.
They have the game changers now....why have one guy hype it when you can have 4-5 of em to hype it up....

# 128 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/21/13 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
are you crazy you will never win a basketball game with that mentality.. a 2 ois better than a 3.... and you will probably foul lebron if you get too much help on him or he would just pass 2 ray allen
I'm really not about to argue over this, but you're almost completely wrong.

# 129 thedream2k13 @ 08/21/13 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
passes do seem a bit more zippy and more accurate. hopefully if the passing is more accurate, the catch animations will also be quicker (less bobbles and drawn-out catches)...but it's probably too hard to tell from these small samplings. i just want a passing game that is fast and accurate enough to reward moving the ball. 2k13 suffered from occasional slow passes, inappropriate pass types, and bobbled/slow catches...this meant that even if you tried to hit the open man, one of these things would sometimes ruin the play.
some passes do need to be accurate and players bobbling the ball happens IRL.2k shouldnt take those animations out

# 130 thedream2k13 @ 08/21/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Surprised no one mentioned 0:41 in the first video. Defender is in his stance, and extends one hand like Shane Battier used to do to Kobe, to get ready in case he has to quickly contest a jumper. If this is something we can do at will, it'll be extremely useful against Dirk, Durant, LeBron, Curry, Carmelo, etc.

Also like Durant's new, lightning-quick release.
as long as its only user controlled i am good with it. No more auto defense stuff

# 131 J_Posse @ 08/21/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Spoiler alert: 2K15 is going to look a lot like 2K14 graphically for next and current gen. You can't completely overhaul graphics with just a one year dev cycle. Just isn't feasible.

You see this with EVERY repeat sports title except for Olympics games.
No, no, no. It just doesn't look "different" enough in comparison to 2K13, real life or something. I just want to see improved faces with gameplay upgrades (already mentioned) and I might still purchase the current gen version.

I'm sad that Durant wasn't altered with his horrible model from last year.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 132 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/13 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
They have the game changers now....why have one guy hype it when you can have 4-5 of em to hype it up....

I think sometimes less is more.....

E.G: I would rather watch 1 x 10 min vid of Czar breaking down the sim style ball we all want so desperately, than say 4 x 2 min vids of some random gameplay where we're left to take from it what we see (or think we see).....

I remember last year they had a red carpet celeb launch thing for 2K13 which was great and all, but that didn't hype me as much as the 5 on 5 gameplay vids of 2K11 where we really got a look at the improvements from the previous year etc.....

That's my view of course....

# 133 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
ahhhhh....not impressed at all. Players still have the same freaking faces. I'm coming to the conclusion they just fixed some of the problems that were in 2K13 when they could of done that with a proper patch. Will wait and see what next gen version looks like.
Did you read the features list? You couldn't do that with a patch.

So 3 minutes of gameplay makes people scream that the game hasn't changed? Come one.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 134 swac07 @ 08/21/13 08:56 PM
Sheesh...lol yall are ruthless

# 135 papaey @ 08/21/13 08:56 PM
Lol. Comments are just epic. I don't know guys but really you all sounded like when 2k13 was about to release a year ago.Then all the excitements have been replaced with disappointments.

IMHO Not impressed at all. Still feels like the same game. I have a feeling that after 3 months ill go back to 2k11 again. While saving money for next gen.

EDIT

More accurate passes?nah. I would more likely to see more fumbled and bad passes that results in a turnover.I dont want see another steals only turnovers in the stat sheet.

# 136 Saturnis @ 08/21/13 09:08 PM
Looking forward to 2k15. Everything here looks the same just smoother. Not getting fooled again.

# 137 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaey
Lol. Comments are just epic. I don't know guys but really you all sounded like when 2k13 was about to release a year ago.Then all the excitements have been replaced with disappointments.

IMHO Not impressed at all. Still feels like the same game. I have a feeling that after 3 months ill go back to 2k11 again. While saving money for next gen.
I see the same whining too, as last year.

Sent using Tap a Talk

# 138 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/13 09:24 PM
I think (from reading all of the impressions etc.) that there sounds like there is going to be a lot of great new additions and improvements.

The ones that got me was better spacing and specifically rotating defense on pick and rolls - which would result in extra passing and a real feel of breaking down defense. I think 2K13 really felt like, 1 pass and you've broken the defense down.

Only issue I have is that these 3 vids didn't really display the above points..... unless I missed something..... I watched them twice only....

Insights may help but I think 5 on 5 gameplay with a user who knows how to break it down will highlight it even better.....

2K - You are the best ball game on the market until proven otherwise, but SHOW US what you've developed so we can get excited!!!!!! Haha.....

# 139 Goffs @ 08/21/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I think sometimes less is more.....

E.G: I would rather watch 1 x 10 min vid of Czar breaking down the sim style ball we all want so desperately, than say 4 x 2 min vids of some random gameplay where we're left to take from it what we see (or think we see).....

I remember last year they had a red carpet celeb launch thing for 2K13 which was great and all, but that didn't hype me as much as the 5 on 5 gameplay vids of 2K11 where we really got a look at the improvements from the previous year etc.....

That's my view of course....
I agree...I have only watched Czar when he got the 10 day gig and I haven't checked any of these guys youtube....I will just wait for the insight...

# 140 blues rocker @ 08/21/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
some passes do need to be accurate and players bobbling the ball happens IRL.2k shouldnt take those animations out
yeah, but they bobble it way too much in 2k13, and often for no reason...like when you just make a simple pass to an open guy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.