Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

2K Sports sent us over 8 minutes of gameplay and presentation footage from WWE 2K14, let us know what you think. The game ships to PS3 and 360 on October 29th.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigbob @ 08/22/13 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
Uh isn't that fully accurate for 75% of matches?
That's an understatement.

# 22 almostbobsaget @ 08/22/13 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's an understatement.
True. It's a shame that a great feud like Rhodes vs Sandow can't keep the fans' interest enough to pop.

# 23 kenn5373 @ 08/23/13 01:26 AM
Do they have a Daniel Bryan version that says yes instead of no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 24 PVarck31 @ 08/23/13 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
Do they have a Daniel Bryan version that says yes instead of no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Doubt it. I'm sure the no version was done well before he went back to yes. Maybe DLC?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

# 25 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/23/13 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
Uh isn't that fully accurate for 75% of matches?
Yeah I guess it shows how badly booked most of the roster is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 26 dochalladay32 @ 08/23/13 08:00 AM
^^ Your sig has bothered me for months. You know his name is Hersey Hawkins right? Not HersHey? Or is this some created player or something? Also possibly Rudy LaRusso?

# 27 Mercury112491 @ 08/24/13 04:45 PM
Well he says no but in the videos the crowds all shout yes so it isn't all bad. Crowd reacts correctly.

# 28 bigbob @ 08/24/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
That is going to be so out of place. He will be the biggest face when the game comes out in October and the crowds chant YES like crazy. Yet they will have his old NO model in the game.

WWE should at least set the roster as of MITB or something like that. Setting it at WM seems way too early.
It's no different than it was last year whenever he was chanting "Yes!" in the game, but "No!" on TV.

# 29 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/25/13 07:54 AM
Quote:
That is going to be so out of place. He will be the biggest face when the game comes out in October and the crowds chant YES like crazy. Yet they will have his old NO model in the game.

WWE should at least set the roster as of MITB or something like that. Setting it at WM seems way too early.
The cut off is June usually and not Mania

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 30 CanuckJ @ 08/25/13 12:04 PM
If the cutoff is June and RVD signed with the company in June maybe he squeaked in their at the last minute

1 can hope

# 31 SilentYetViolent @ 08/25/13 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckJ
If the cutoff is June and RVD signed with the company in June maybe he squeaked in their at the last minute
If not, then he'll definitely be the 1st DLC wrestler available.

# 32 Shelb @ 08/31/13 06:28 AM
Quote:

This is just an example of game developers not really caring about sports games. It happens with every game, for every sport.

There is no reason rosters can't be tweaked before release, up to a certain point. We shouldn't have to pay money on DLC for guys who've been on TV for months (Ryback last year, for example) and there is most definitely no excuse for wrestlers being out of date by months by release. We'll probably get a heel CM Punk in this game, when all Yukes had to do was edit Punk head (his hair/sideburns) and his crowd reaction. If they didn't think ahead enough to ask Bryan to recrod "Yes!", they are the dumbest individuals in a corporate setting ever. All they'd need to do from there is alter "No!" on his vest to "Yes!" and add a "Yes!" animation, which should take a few hours, but should've also been done ahead of time.

Same thing goes for Paul Heyman being absent from the game last year when he was part of the branding of the game and was allegedly used as a consultant during the making of the game (which was BS obviously). A lot of it has to do with companies trying to make money off of DLC, but games should not make DLC stuff that should be available in the game to begin with. We should have updated rosters for wrestling games for the launch of the game. Good DLC would be true extras like extra additions to things like Attitude mode that allows us access to more unlockables. If a new wrestler debuts say 3 months after release, that wrestler would have to be created from scratch and should be DLC within a week of appearing. We should not have to buy AJ Lee if she was in the company for months before the launch date.

So sick of the WWE game rosters being outdated by 6 months the day it comes out. So pathetic. It's bad enough NBA 2K is outdated 2 months when it comes out, but 6 months for a wrestling game when most of the time all it takes to update is change "Fans Reaction" from "Cheer" to "Boo" is pathetic.

# 33 alifeincomplete @ 08/31/13 10:35 AM
I'm not defending Yukes, but there seems to be a complete and utter disconnect between the fans and reality when it comes to understanding exactly how much time, money, and effort has to go into designing (or even modifying) a character model...

# 34 bigbob @ 08/31/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
I'm not defending Yukes, but there seems to be a complete and utter disconnect between the fans and reality when it comes to understanding exactly how much time, money, and effort has to go into designing (or even modifying) a character model...
I believe they've already said (last year during their Summerslam stuff) it can take a week or so for player models, and people act like it's a click of a button and it's done.

# 35 woody2goody @ 08/31/13 01:56 PM
I would love the game to be as up to date as possible - we all would - but realistically it won't happen for many reasons, some of which are unknown even to us.

I do think if a wrestler debuts before the new year we should get them as DLC (paid or free) for the current game.

This way, we get the original roster, DLC packs AND new superstars up until about March-time.

I appreciate the devs have (in the past) had a set DLC schedule and obviously we can't expect them not to have a cutoff date.

My main problem is them not putting as many current guys as humanly possible on the original roster. A guy like JTG (I don't care what anyone thinks of him) has been with the company for 6/7 years, has always been on the main roster, and isn't on the game. It's like NBA 2K not putting Steve Novak (or equivalent) in.

However the main travesty we get as WWE games fans is that, for example, someone can debut in July 2012, become WWE Champion 5 times, and not be in the game until November 2013, which is absolutely ridiculous.

That needs to be sorted but in general Yukes have been getting better with the rosters and should be commended for their efforts amid all the upheaval at THQ.

# 36 SmashMan @ 08/31/13 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
I'll agree with this to an extent. It's certainly not as easy as *push button* and a new character pops out.

On the flip side, I also can't believe that they (Yukes) creates things in the most efficient ways possible. A lot of things in the gameplay are clearly them trying to fit new elements into an engine that is too outdated to really support them. I wouldn't be surprised if creating new characters could be sped up, but they continue to go with a longer process because that's just what they know because they've done it that way for a long time.

# 37 bigbob @ 09/01/13 01:05 PM
I haven't watched his most recent interview yet, but apparently Brian Williams hinted that Bryan's "Yes!" Entrance will be an alternate.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.