Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Here are a few more NBA 2K14 videos taken from Gamescom. The last one is labeled Xbox One, but it isn't next-gen. Only the current-gen game is being shown at the event.

Check them out and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ForeverVersatile @ 08/22/13 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Yeah They did make a new Norris Cole Face though (You see him briefly in 2k's Official Euroleague trailer)
Your right, i just saw it and he even has the box fade. Wade and Lebron look a tiny bit different as well. But i thought they would have showed Kawhi some love from his playoff performances, but he still looked generic in the heat vs spurs video.

# 22 J_Posse @ 08/22/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Your right, i just saw it and he even has the box fade. Wade and Lebron look a tiny bit different as well. But i thought they would have showed Kawhi some love from his playoff performances, but he still looked generic in the heat vs spurs video.
Almost every player on the Spurs looked fine last year, even Matt Bonner who had looked like a troll since forever, while Parker, Blair (no longer a Spur) and Corey Joseph could have used a touch up. Leonard, Green and Duncan looked the best on the team, IMO, cyberface wise.

Gregg Popovich could use a more accurate, and acne scared (LOL), cyberface model on the bench, though.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 23 Slava Medvadenko @ 08/22/13 01:26 PM
There should be an 'inside 15 feet only' rule for post moves other than a turnaround jumper or a hook(and the hook should be rare out there). That floater started behind the free throw line.

# 24 MarvinOida @ 08/22/13 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
TV presentation style all the way!

As long as it's not this:

I am fine with that. And why did you leak LD2K's current fantasy basketball team?

# 25 Goffs @ 08/22/13 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida

I am fine with that. And why did you leak LD2K's current fantasy basketball team?
HAH! I didn't even notice till you mentioned it!

They could do without the silly bad boy poses and just have a headshot of the players.

# 26 Sundown @ 08/22/13 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Not feeling the presentation at all, worse than last year IMO. I saw another video of heat vs spurs and faces looked 100% the same. I'm waiting for more next gen info. The decent amount of gameplay improvements isn't enough to make me buy the game twice.
Unless that was for Euro teams only (which I doubt), they managed to make the lineup presentation worse. Looks like the team is getting sucked into a black hole or popping out of a high-tech gopher hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida

Honestly, I think it looks worse than 2K13.

I like that they changed the palette to blue/silver over gold, but the lineup graphics would have been great simply by doing the same and removing the flowery curlicues.

# 27 ybtherockstar @ 08/22/13 02:21 PM
Kinda does look the same as 2k13...They didnt even update the scoreboard

# 28 Wildcats302 @ 08/22/13 03:22 PM
Just curious for the 2k game makers...are there actually going to be any videos of ya know, NBA teams from NBA2k14. Not a fan of the Euro team videos...show the real goods.

# 29 ffaacc03 @ 08/22/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
TV presentation style all the way!

Agreed, but with cyberfaces instead, just to avoid seeing the reinstatement of the dreaded black sylhouttes, be it for CAPs or for "official" late additions.

# 30 ffaacc03 @ 08/22/13 03:31 PM
Need more lenghty videos to make a fair judgement, but at first glance, spacing does look better.

# 31 strobox88 @ 08/22/13 03:36 PM
What's up with the Jay-Z scoreboard from 2k13? lmao

# 32 canucksss @ 08/22/13 03:36 PM
how's the new feature about dribbling and shooting? is it confusing or easy to adapt?

# 33 Gramps91 @ 08/22/13 03:42 PM
Looks like a bit of new presentation after all. Interesting.

# 34 sk @ 08/22/13 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRC3
Looks exactly the same as 2K13. Hopefully it plays better.
I don't get people who say this.

Of course it looks the same, it's still 5-on-5 basketball. The people that say this expect developers to throw out their engine and make a new one every year. That's not possible.

You will still see 10 guys on the court, you will still see a guy bring the ball up the court, you will still see guys running around.

I saw different shot animations, more fluid defense, and more variety in terms of how player actually play.

I can't wait for next gen

# 35 Muzyk23 @ 08/22/13 03:50 PM
I just can't imagine playing this on consoles. Modding scene puts this game on another level, that's why I'm getting it on PC as every year.

I totally can feel console players disappointment with bulky legs, baggy jerseys and shorts, the same models and faces etc.

# 36 sk @ 08/22/13 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
I agree, I am done with the current gen. The graphics look exactly the same as NBA 2k13 to me. I will just pick this up on PS4.

I don't expect we are gonna see a huge difference in graphics this year even with the next gen. I think next year we will see major improvements across the board because the Devs will have a full developmental cycle to work on the next gen games.
What? So you expected this years game to look much better even though it is being run on the same console as it was last year? That makes no sense. The hardware is what allows the software to look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfjrh12L38

Unless 2k is lieing, 2k on next gen will look FAR better

# 37 juicey79 @ 08/22/13 05:10 PM
I don't understand why 2k can't use the same art tech that these mods on the PC use..they seem to use photo like graphic faces. They are still able to make the players face animate, so why can't 2K do the same? SMH

# 38 Sundown @ 08/22/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
What? So you expected this years game to look much better even though it is being run on the same console as it was last year? That makes no sense. The hardware is what allows the software to look great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfjrh12L38

Unless 2k is lieing, 2k on next gen will look FAR better
Actually, artists are what makes the software look great. Hardware just gives them tools and removes limitations. It's still possible to make better looking models, faces, and bodies. It's also why certain faces look great while others are off, and why certain body types look good on some years and bad on others.

I'm also not really convinced that we had to lose the great 2K11 sweat shaders. I think 2K just tried to upgrade them/redo them from scratch for a different look-- to mixed results.

# 39 BenjaminBuckets2K @ 08/22/13 05:31 PM

# 40 BenjaminBuckets2K @ 08/22/13 05:33 PM
http://youtu.be/lktgBBJrcyg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.